Partick Thistle v Raith Rovers - the fourth place showdown

A point will almost certainly do it for us here, and even though we’ve been absolutely shite for a while now, Rovers have somehow contrived to be even worse - one league win since Kyle Turner’s last minute winner is something else. Would take the point to secure it, but a win would be nice. 

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there’s a less than pleasant atmosphere in the home end given Jacqui Low’s recent announcements, and would be fully on board with giving her an absolute hounding.

25 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

What's she been saying?

Essentially, Colin Weir bought the club a few years ago with the intention that his shares be gifted to the fans and we become fanowned along the lines of Motherwell. 

Jacqui Low, a person who had no interest in the club until Weir gave her a job and has put precisely zero of her own money in, has decided that won’t be happening and she’ll just remain in charge instead. She did this by issuing one statement from the company which owns the club (of which she is currently the only director) and another from the club, which she’s chairman of, responding to it.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/club-update-9th-april-2022/

Thistle are 6 points clear with a better goal difference and there are 3 games to go. Can’t see us making the play-offs this year.

If we had beaten Morton on Saturday I’d be quite up for this game. As we lost, the season is done for us. We’ll be doing well to hold on to 5th place. Good luck in the play-offs.

20 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Essentially, Colin Weir bought the club a few years ago with the intention that his shares be gifted to the fans and we become fanowned along the lines of Motherwell. 

Jacqui Low, a person who had no interest in the club until Weir gave her a job and has put precisely zero of her own money in, has decided that won’t be happening and she’ll just remain in charge instead. She did this by issuing one statement from the company which owns the club (of which she is currently the only director) and another from the club, which she’s chairman of, responding to it.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/club-update-9th-april-2022/

Boards, eh? Can't trust them with anything....

How about we just save everyone the bother. You've got the points by virtue of being on the fixture list. 

Besides I'm sure that pitch could do with a week off for when you have the playoff games. 

9 hours ago, pub car king said:

How about we just save everyone the bother. You've got the points by virtue of being on the fixture list. 

Besides I'm sure that pitch could do with a week off for when you have the playoff games. 

It doesn’t get a rest. It’s got 2 sets of playoffs to deal with.

9 hours ago, AMMjag said:

I'd like to see us pour thick fog into the stadium and just pretend that a standard, 1-0 home win has taken place. 

Reveal hidden contents

I'D LIKE TO SEE HIM  CHEW THROUGH THAT.

I think that fog did something to us. We’ve been shite ever since. 

One game closer to this shitshow of a season being over. 

I went to the Partick thread and read about the Jacqui Low stuff. Hadn't realised what was going on there, but basically my conclusion is that she's stolen a football club? What an arsehole she is. 

A draw for Partick is enough. Even if Partick then lost their last two games and we won ours there's no way we'd claw back the goal difference. We need to win, simple as that....and then win again, and again and hope along the way someone does us a favour against Partick. Not going to happen.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

One game closer to this shitshow of a season being over. 

I went to the Partick thread and read about the Jacqui Low stuff. Hadn't realised what was going on there, but basically my conclusion is that she's stolen a football club? What an arsehole she is. 

Not only has she essentially done that, but there’s a very decent chance that there’s financial malpractice at play as well.

She’s a fucking serpent.