Yogi Bears Pars v Bully's 45-90 minute cameos (The proverbial relegation 6 pointer)

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Not a fan Wuffster?

The jury is very much still out. 

I'm scunnered with it. There's still a fair chance we will be relegated and Bullen will be just as complicit as the other two chartalans we've had in charge this season. He has his favourites and they've been a large part of the problem. Whether it's stubbornness or ignorance I don't know. Never been so annoyed after coming back from 2 goals down!

I'd rather have Bullen than Yogie and I was all for him getting the Ayr job the last 3 occasions it's been available but that squad dunfermline has on paper should be up there challengeing killie for the titile not scaping about at the bottom and it looks like he's not done much more than Grant was doing with them before he was sacked, 2-1 Ayr with Yogie going into a full meltdown after the game like he did at Raith a few years back.

4 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I'd rather have Bullen than Yogie and I was all for him getting the Ayr job the last 3 occasions it's been available but that squad dunfermline has on paper should be up there challengeing killie for the titile not scaping about at the bottom and it looks like he's not done much more than Grant was doing with them before he was sacked, 2-1 Ayr with Yogie going into a full meltdown after the game like he did at Raith a few years back.

In Grant's 13 league games we managed 7 points, in the 20 games since Hughes took over we have taken 25 points. 

Yogi hasn't exactly been a raging success but that's a far better record than we had with Grant.

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Better H2H tho.  We go 8th with that situation.

Aye. It'd be mad if we drew this game and then ended up on the same points, GF and GA and finished 8th based on GD in H2H vs Ayr. Not exactly impossible either. 

1 minute ago, smpar said:

Aye. It'd be mad if we drew this game and then ended up on the same points, GF and GA and finished 8th based on GD in H2H vs Ayr. Not exactly impossible either. 

Imagine that goal in under grant whilst being completely humiliated being what keeps us up.

This is how I see the teams matching up:

Defensively: Dunfermline are better here as Coll Donaldson is far better than anything we can offer. Dunfermline also don’t have Jordan Houston. 

Central midfield: I think Ayr are a decent bit ahead of Joe Chalmers and Dan Pybus in here. If Andy Murdoch is out, in addition to Dempsey then this completely changes though. 

Attacking midfield: Dunfermline’s three in behind the striker are all miles in front of Bullen’s go to not very attacking midfielders. This can be reduced by Bullen starting O’Connor and Ashford. 

Strikers: If Adeloye is fit then I take him before O’Hara, but if he doesn’t start then we don’t have anyone capable of playing that lone striker role effectively (possibly bar Moffat to a lesser extent) 

If Bullen lines up in his normal way or we are without Murdoch, Dempsey and Adeloye starting then it is a Dunfermline win, but if we start Adeloye, Ashford and O’Connor in addition to Murdoch being fit then I think it’ll be very tight!

Interesting to see we haven't lost at home since Boxing Day. We haven't lost at home in front of fans since 6th November; Peter Gran't last game.