Arbroath v Queens

20 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Good idea although I think we should take it further - The Steven Doris pie hut, Charlie Adam Bar, Joe Savage concourse, Joe Prince-Wright toilets etc etc

😂 there's some mileage ro be had here !!

28 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

100% prefer watching from the Pleasureland end as 1. It's our traditional home end  2. it provides more shelter from the prevailing wind  3. you're not looking into the sun.

2. Is a good thing, considering Gayfield is the windiest stadium in the universe. 

13 minutes ago, Fide said:

2. Is a good thing, considering Gayfield is the windiest stadium in the universe. 

It isn't really that good, unless you want to watch the game from 100 metres away. When there's a strong wind from the southwest (i.e. the prevailing wind), all the action is at the Harbour end. 

41 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Good idea although I think we should take it further - The Steven Doris pie hut, Charlie Adam Bar, Joe Savage concourse, Joe Prince-Wright toilets etc etc

The Bobby Linn dodgems at Pleasureland?

Too soon??? 😄

Only been to Arbroath once to see Queens when Stevie Mallan 2 mins and an Andy Thomson double in the 2nd half seen the Doonhamers win 3-0 in April 1994.

Thomson was the first league player to 30 goals that season edging Mark Hateley to the £1000 and case of Champagne from the Daily Record. He'd been out injured for 4 weeks or so and stuck on 29 goals until that day.

Edited by TERREGLES1919
Typo

On 13/04/2022 at 18:17, lichtgilphead said:

The Bobby Linn dodgems at Pleasureland?

This is a great idea - a Dodgem being named after an all time Arbroath great.

I would suggest a collection of 3 dodgems being named Bobby Linn, Andy Penman and Eric Sellers - that would be a nice gesture and some fun.

I also agree one of the stands should be named The Albert Henderson Stand - a fitting tribute to an Arbroath legend.

We need to get a win tomorrow regardless of the result of tonight's game in Inverness. 

On paper it looks like it should be a win for us but that never guaranteed 3 points. We've got to be up for it for the whole 90 minutes. I wouldn't care to guess what the team selection will be, the manager is always capable of springing a surprise, but I'd like to see Bobby Linn on at some point, he usually plays well against Queens.

Hope Caley Thistle get a win tonight to keep the gap between Killie and us to 4 points.

Obviously hoping for an ICT win tonight but a draw would be a great result for us too - keeps Kilmarnock within striking distance and almost guarantees us second. A win tomorrow would then give us second and within two victories of the title.

Dick in the paper saying same team as last week. Would’ve hoped for something a bit more attacking

If you had one shot on target last week, that kind of form could be enough to bury us tbh.

Sensible segregation tomorrow. We’re getting the entire terrace apart from the small section beside the flagpole up to the corner flag and a section of the main stand. I can’t imagine Queens will have more than 50-80 so makes sense.

Edited by Tattie36

Really don’t see the need to change the team from last week, that 11 did well and are capable of winning the game, not sure anyone on the bench has done enough to stake a claim.

also don’t think QOTS are going to pushovers, this is their last shot at staying up.