Arbroath v Queens

All the goals yesterday were amazing for different reasons 

first unreal ball and finish from one of the most reliable AFC players ever 

second it’s Jack Hamilton turning a Gaston punt into a goal. He always gets a shot away he’s different class 

third was hilarious and the ‘what the fkn hell was that’ being belted out after it instead of celebrating was ace 

Jack Hamilton goal absolutely unbelievable strike 

5th good pass out wide from craigen and bobby being bobby putting a ball in on a plate for Craigen to finish off 

Feared the worst when we lost that early goal, QoS were worth their lead and I thought that this would be another game where a draw would seem like a reasonable result for us. Then up stepped Hammy with the equaliser, scoring with a right foot shot. That must be a first. Then Jack Hamilton scored to give us the lead and the half time pie tasted much better.

Expected QoS to come at us in the second half but an own goal then a beauty from Jack Hamilton put the game to bed and Craigen scoring the fifth from Bobby Linn's cross was the icing on the cake.

Hope our subs were for tactical reasons and not due to injuries, wouldn't want Ricky Little or Chris Hamilton missing the last games of the season

4 hours ago, lichtiemike said:

Lots of similarities yesterday from the midweek game against QOS in 2001, they scored early on that day as well as a comical OG. 5-2 to us, think we were chasing promotion out of Division 2 at the time. 

I must say, the OG brought back memories of that game to me too.

2 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

Little and O'Brien are proper defenders always make it difficult for opposition players to score.  So different from O'Connor and East they seem to present opportunities every game. It's and day when our best defender was Debayo 

I don't know if it was a lack of confidence but they were struggling with some of the basic aspects of defending such as dealing with high balls.

If Gibson brings in a 'b*****d' in the centre of defence and midfield, there's probably enough to work with to come straight back up as there are some tidy players that will create plenty.

2 hours ago, Lichtielegend said:

I don't know if it was a lack of confidence but they were struggling with some of the basic aspects of defending such as dealing with high balls.

If Gibson brings in a 'b*****d' in the centre of defence and midfield, there's probably enough to work with to come straight back up as there are some tidy players that will create plenty.

He's have to persuade some of them to re-sign first. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

He's have to persuade some of them to re-sign first. 

He’ll have to be offered the job first. I’m unconvinced that is a good option. I’d prefer to see him play and perhaps have an assistant manager role with an experienced boos at the helm.  I fully expect Gibson to get the job though.  

Just watched the highlights of the goals there. Thought Gibson had got us looking better at the back in his time but that was truly as bad as anything AJ produced. The second Arbroath goal was absolutely shameful defending. Gibson having a howler for the 4th as well and not closing down the cross for the 5th. Back to be unable to deal with crosses either by the look of it.

I forgot how insufferable the co-commentator is for Arbroath. Not sure there is a more biased one about. The first goal was well taken but it was goal of the month for him. Hamilton's second was well struck but it's goal of the season apparently and the final goal: your routine cross and header, was a tremendous goal as well. Very excitable [emoji38]

10 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

He’ll have to be offered the job first. I’m unconvinced that is a good option. I’d prefer to see him play and perhaps have an assistant manager role with an experienced boos at the helm.  I fully expect Gibson to get the job though.  

I fully expect Gibson to get the job too.  He's cheap and he's at the club already - two factors which the board traditionally place great emphasis on.

Should it be an experienced manager, I'd expect they would want to bring in their own choice as assistant rather than have Gibson foisted upon them.  The latter immediately gives the impression that the new man is only keeping the seat warm until Gibson is deemed ready to step up.

5 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

He's cheap and he's at the club already - two factors which the board traditionally place great emphasis on.

... and that my friends is the QOS way, in a nutshell ...

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I forgot how insufferable the co-commentator is for Arbroath. Not sure there is a more biased one about. The first goal was well taken but it was goal of the month for him. Hamilton's second was well struck but it's goal of the season apparently and the final goal: your routine cross and header, was a tremendous goal as well. Very excitable emoji38.png

I was sitting right in front of him during the game and never noticed. When I watched the highlights on YT on Sunday, I near crapped myself as he was so much louder than the other commentator when Arbroath scored. Proper jump-scare there! 😃

I was sitting right in front of him during the game and never noticed. When I watched the highlights on YT on Sunday, I near crapped myself as he was so much louder than the other commentator when Arbroath scored. Proper jump-scare there! [emoji2]

It annoys me far more than it should. And it was the same in the 4-2 game last season, so it isn't just sour grapes. He's just terrible. The "It's a goal!" was particularly infuriating. It's not radio ffs.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It annoys me far more than it should. And it was the same in the 4-2 game last season, so it isn't just sour grapes. He's just terrible. The "It's a goal!" was particularly infuriating. It's not radio ffs.

He wasn’t commentating last season 

But yeah again I agree but also it’s voluntary, not a professional and he’s just doing his bit to help 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Our main commentator is Fraser Clyne, recently retired sports journalist and ex top international distance runner. He’s a big Arbroath fan and I’m sure he told me that his dad used to play for the club.

He’s an excellent commentator but it must be difficult when the guy sitting next to you practically bursts your eardrums every time something exciting happens.

Edited by Tattie36

Our main commentator is Fraser Clyne, recently retired sports journalist and ex top international distance runner. He’s a big Arbroath fan and I’m sure he told me that his dad used to play for the club.
He’s an excellent commentator but it must be difficult when the guy sitting next to you practically bursts your eardrums every time something exciting happens.
I find the commentary is not in harmony. Normally you have a commentator and an analyst but the second commentator keeps talking over Fraser and then starts doing the commentary himself. It's like they haven't established who is doing what.

He wasn’t commentating last season 

But yeah again I agree but also it’s voluntary, not a professional and he’s just doing his bit to help 

You're kidding? So that's two irritating co-commentators you've had? [emoji38]

Aye I can appreciate they're volunteers but folk are paying for the service.
I find the commentary is not in harmony. Normally you have a commentator and an analyst but the second commentator keeps talking over Fraser and then starts doing the commentary himself. It's like they haven't established who is doing what.
The first commentator sounds spot on tbf.