Arbroath v Queens

1 hour ago, Lichtielegend said:

I've never been to a big club that has done cash gates.

Can only assume that it's an age thing? Think I've paid cash at the gate at about every ground in Scotland.

We always enjoy our days out, big or small. Cheers.

Edited by Riviera711

Agree that cash gates are a thing of the past… however we should definitely have a ticket office/window at the ground.
I think this will be in the plans for next season with the ground development. Cash gate or ticket office it's all the same really and for games clearly under capacity there is nothing wrong with a cash gate.

I think our online ticketing is very good though as you can buy all the way up to kick off with an instant ticket.

10 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

I think this will be in the plans for next season with the ground development. Cash gate or ticket office it's all the same really and for games clearly under capacity there is nothing wrong with a cash gate.

I think our online ticketing is very good though as you can buy all the way up to kick off with an instant ticket.

It crashed today and there’s always the risk of that happening. Allowing folk to pay on the day should return 

Pay on the day has to be an option but it won't be/can't really be a traditional cash gate as the new turnstyles will use barcode scanning technology and won't be manned by someone with a stack of change. I can't see the club investing in a cash only gate as that kind of defeats the purpose of changing the set-up in the first place. A ticket office or window is the only solution - as happens at every other ground that has dispensed with traditional cash turnstyles.

If you're pretty sad.....🙄  you can go onto Angus Council planning and look at plans and supporting docs for the new layout. 

New turnstiles are well techy....opto-coupled !!

Still think we need a way of people rocking up last minute with cash however, although having to queue twice will be annoying. 

41 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

If you're pretty sad.....🙄  you can go onto Angus Council planning and look at plans and supporting docs for the new layout. 

New turnstiles are well techy....opto-coupled !!

Still think we need a way of people rocking up last minute with cash however, although having to queue twice will be annoying. 

Just had a wee look at the plans as I'm obviously as sad as you 😆

Looks good although there seems to be a bit of ambiguity as to what is the home/away end. I was hoping that we were back in the Pleasureland end permanently but I have a feeling, and going by the Hibs game, that we'll be shunted back to the Harbour end, especially if we go up.

I don't understand this at all. Fans from visiting clubs arrive at the ground from all directions depending on their mode of transport and their pre-match plans - fans arriving by train would generally approach the ground more towards the Harbour end or if they'd been to a few pubs then that would be the most common direction too. Also they may park behind the Harbour goal.

Surely the club should be able to decide what the home and away ends are? Is it primarily because most visiting teams fans enter the town from the west/south? That makes no sense either though as Aberdeen and Montrose both get the Pleasureland end and they would generally arrive from the north. I can't think of any other ground where the home/away ends are decided like this. It would maybe make a wee bit of sense if every single visiting fan was on a suppoters bus, conveniently dropped off outside the ground and picked up straight after the game but that's not how it works.

11 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

I'm not fussed which side is home or away to be honest. I would like the ends to be named something other than Harbour or Pleasureland though.

Like the “Albert Henderson” & “Paul Sheerin” ends/enclosure 

8 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

I'm not fussed which side is home or away to be honest. I would like the ends to be named something other than Harbour or Pleasureland though.

100% prefer watching from the Pleasureland end as 1. It's our traditional home end  2. it provides more shelter from the prevailing wind  3. you're not looking into the sun.

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

Like the “Albert Henderson” & “Paul Sheerin” ends/enclosure 

Good idea although I think we should take it further - The Steven Doris pie hut, Charlie Adam Bar, Joe Savage concourse, Joe Prince-Wright toilets etc etc

34 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

One for Paul Reid.....

I'd like to see Albert Henderson's name mentioned somewhere.

Also a massive sponsorship opportunity