Who Killed The KLF?

Just a fucking marvellous pop group, in the same way The Sex Pistols or Frankie Goes To Hollywood were a marvellous pop group. Pop music should be dangerous. Nobody is going to remember Sam Fender or Ed Sheeran. Everybody will remember the KLF though. This looks quite exciting.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/apr/08/who-killed-the-klf-the-film-drummond-cauty-did-not-want-you-to-see

"In 2009 my long suffering producer Ian Neil sent me a text: “You should really make a film about the KLF.” This enigmatic and brilliant band were a mainstay on Top of the Pops in my youth, and were best known for burning all their money in the mid 90s, when I was a middle-class teenage anarchist and thought that torching a million pounds was by far the best thing you could do with it. “Aren’t they dead?” I replied."

• 2 months later...

Livingston Forum 1991. All-night rave. Getting towards that tricky 5am shift when the come down is circulating.

DJ sticks on Last Train to Trancentral and the place goes WILD

It's a home run all the way to 8am after that.

Never forget it. Barnstorming tune.

edit - the film was excellent btw.

Edited by pantene proV

I watched the film this evening after spotting this thread a few days ago. It was excellent, and been down a Wikipedia rabbit hole on things around it over the past hour.

One thing that struck me was the amount of events that happened on 23rd November: the opening of the Illuminatus play in 1976, the award of Worst Artist in 1993, the exhibition of money near a motorway service station in 1994, pushing the car off a cliff in 1995, making a reappearance in 2017. I’m sure it’s deliberate, but no idea why. I don’t think I’d have spotted it if it wasn’t for 23rd November also being my birthday.

On a side note, I met Bill Drummond once without having any idea who he was until someone pointed it out afterwards. Spent 15-20 minutes chatting to him in the Renfrew Ferry on the morning of the Scottish Cup final when Queens were in it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/07/2022 at 01:08, Adamski said:

On a side note, I met Bill Drummond once without having any idea who he was until someone pointed it out afterwards. Spent 15-20 minutes chatting to him in the Renfrew Ferry on the morning of the Scottish Cup final when Queens were in it.

Now that really was an awesome day ... meeting Bill Drummond and watching QOS in the big cup final on the same day ... as good as it gets. 👌

On 07/07/2022 at 23:04, djchapsticks said:

They were utterly batshit, the pair of them and by f**k they moved the needle.

Anyone who doesn't acknowledge Justified and Ancient as an all time classic is for the watching. 

Got "The White Room" on CD (remember them ...) years ago.  How I never wore that disc out I'll never know (don't suppose you can wear a CD out given its read by a laser) - played it so many times its now on its third jewel case cos the first two fell to bits over time through use.  Bloody brilliant album, never ages.