Elgin v Wawa

Down to the bare bones with the guys out however our starting eleven should pick itself but we won't have much coming from the bench.

4-2-3-1

Wilson

Corbett Crighton Jamieson Yeats

Nat Miller

Daz Brown Euan

Thommo

Kane Hester will score as he always does but I still fancy us to shade it 2-0 with a Thommo brace cancelling out the obligatory Hester goal. 

Elgin in the first half looked as though they had indeed gone on their summer holidays. Second, worked a lot harder and probably deserved something from the game but never really got the break of the ball. Two pretty mediocre teams with Stenny being slightly less than us. 
Have heard a lot of players being hyped up by various sides supporters over the years on this site and when I’ve seen them they have failed to live up to expectations. Stenny been bigging up O’Reilly of late and I have got to say I was very impressed. I’d be surprised if he isn’t plying his trade with a Championship or Premier club next season.

Based on what I saw I have to say that apart from a couple of scrambled goal lines clearances in the second half the Warriors looked very composed.  

Special mention as always to Nat Wedderburn absolutely bossed the midfield.  Euan O’Reilly is certainly special right enough.  

All round not a single failure in the team today and to say we were slightly better than Elgin and mediocre is a tad unfair but hey it’s all about opinions 😀😀

Edited by Tonystenny
Spelling

Great day out and we had a decent support up with us. Thought we were comfy enough but the second half we invited them on & thankfully we got the second and then just seen it out comfortably.

Nat Wedderburn is superb, so consistent and I hope we get him signed up for next year, same goes for Corbett, excellent player.

I don't think we really deserved that 2-0 but after last week's events it's probably evened itself out. Elgin really had us pinned back for most of the second half until we got the fluke goal to win it.

Credit to Div Wilson for a tremendous double save.

Braw day oot.

Great atmosphere up at Elgin yesterday. My wee lad is still buzzing about Wedderburn and was singing the song coming down the road in the car. In spite of Elgin being the better team for large spells of the 2nd half, a 2-0 victory was about right.