Aberdeen v Ross County - Top 6 Slug Out

Well done to County - positive vibe about them this season, and despite all the baggage, Mackay knows what he's doing. Turning today into a $hitfest made complete sense, as our players simply have no clue how to break down an organised defence.

I think the whole handball thing is a daft rule that needs to be looked at on a global basis - but all that did was stop a 0-0, and happy enough for County to benefit ahead of certain other clubs.

The double substitution seemed strange - Mackenzie and McLennan were never going to make us better in an attacking sense, and it was little surprise that slack play from the latter ultimately led to the pen.

Also have to question why all the Considine stuff needed to happen this week - we now have two weeks without a game, and this sideshow happening ahead of this one didn't help the general mood.  

Whether these are five dead rubbers or we are in a genuine relegation battle still remains to be seen. Not sure we can trust many of this lot if it comes to that.

Edited by tarapoa

Happy days, really good craic in the away end today, the lads sung & partied the whole game.

It was a terrible game of football tbh but top 6 is fair reward for the efforts put in this season. It's sometimes not been pretty but more often than not we've tried to play good attacking football. Several players have shown distinct improvement under MM so hopefully more of the same to come.

16 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Happy days, really good craic in the away end today, the lads sung & partied the whole game.

It was a terrible game of football tbh but top 6 is fair reward for the efforts put in this season. It's sometimes not been pretty but more often than not we've tried to play good attacking football. Several players have shown distinct improvement under MM so hopefully more of the same to come.

Dire game, that neither team deserved to win. Both garbage. 

To be fair, County have made top 6 after accruing 3 points from the first 10 games.

That’s good going.

As for the Dons, got what the season deserved. 
Absolutely dreadful. 

7 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Just go in the home end. As long as you're not being a total bam, you'll be fine.

The shiteness of the game made it easy to sit on my hands although almost gave myself away at the end.

59 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Whether these are five dead rubbers or we are in a genuine relegation battle still remains to be seen. Not sure we can trust many of this lot if it comes to that.

I would say that right now those five games aren't dead rubbers.  They aren't dead rubbers until they're dead rubbers, if that makes sense.  Or in other words you can't award dead rubber status to games retrospectively.  IMHO.  

On the game, it was brutal.  The only players who got close to playing at a reasonable level were Barron and Gallagher.  Well done to County who played a good away game and took their inevitable chance - all season we've basically gifted opponents goals whether they pressure us or not.  Awful.  

5 minutes ago, resk said:

I would say that right now those five games aren't dead rubbers.  They aren't dead rubbers until they're dead rubbers, if that makes sense.  Or in other words you can't award dead rubber status to games retrospectively.  IMHO.  

On the game, it was brutal.  The only players who got close to playing at a reasonable level were Barron and Gallagher.  Well done to County who played a good away game and took their inevitable chance - all season we've basically gifted opponents goals whether they pressure us or not.  Awful.  

It's infuriating watching Hayes and Ojo taking two touches to set themselves up before playing a pass nowhere near the intended target. Especially when Barron has just played a first time ball under pressure straight to their feet.

Edited by Merkland Red

36 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

It's infuriating watching Hayes and Ojo taking two touches to set themselves up before playing a pass nowhere near the intended target. Especially when Barron has just played a first time ball under pressure straight to their feet.

I think for the starting eleven we need about 7 players. 
At least. 

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Was wondering why County were time wasting for the draw. Then I realised they knew we'd f**k up.

That was me as well. Time wasting from the first minute when the ball was thrown away with not a word from the referee and that continued throughout the match. But you’re right, County just knew they would nick a late goal to win it. Reminded me of the Motherwell last game of the season when they scored in injury time to win 1-0, same tactics and same shite from us.

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

That was me as well. Time wasting from the first minute when the ball was thrown away with not a word from the referee and that continued throughout the match. But you’re right, County just knew they would nick a late goal to win it. Reminded me of the Motherwell last game of the season when they scored in injury time to win 1-0, same tactics and same shite from us.

The referee had a strange game. Let things flow, then would stop the game for very soft fouls. Half time probably came at a good time as it was getting silly.

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

The referee had a strange game. Let things flow, then would stop the game for very soft fouls. Half time probably came at a good time as it was getting silly.

County district been time wasting for the whole of the first half half and not one second added on. That didn’t bode well for the second half. Credit to County for killing the game at every available opportunity and not allowing any momentum to build up from us, although we probably weren’t capable of doing that today. The difference in the attitude from last Saturday to today was night and day. 

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Since when did Aberdeen want the game to flow. 

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Time wasting,  surely not....