Portland Bill Seaside Squad v Section B. Official match thread & comfortable play off secured love in.

21 hours ago, PortyMo said:

Didn't Airdrie get a penalty from the Dillon incident  whoever took the penalty almost knocked the weather vane off the top of the steeple. 

What is it with Links Park and Airdrie missing penalties? 

Disappointing to drop points but today was always going to be a very tough game. I think most of us knew winning the league was very unlikely after Fyvie’s equaliser against us but today just about confirms that. We’re still unbeaten though and can take plenty of confidence going into the play-offs. I couldn’t make today’s game but sounds like it was entertaining, I’m anxious for them already but the two play-off games should be excellent, two very good teams going for all out for promotion.

36 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Dylan Easton fucked the League for you boys...😁😁😁

Dylan Easton has gained us more points this season than he's lost so your point is erroneous.

He was clearly confident enough to step up and take the penalty and sometimes they don't go in. C'est la fuckin vie.

18 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Dylan Easton has gained us more points this season than he's lost so your point is erroneous.

He was clearly confident enough to step up and take the penalty and sometimes they don't go in. C'est la fuckin vie.

Horrendous miss though? Crucial part of the game going for a win and he is trying to dink it in......Spice Boy springs to mind.Cya in the play offs 👍

He was actually pulling all the strings for Airdrie today. He was running the show for long periods. He didny half make a total feck up with his pen though.

Did he try a Panenka or was it just blazed over. Couldn't tell from our end.

5 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Horrendous miss though? Crucial part of the game going for a win and he is trying to dink it in......Spice Boy springs to mind.Cya in the play offs 👍

Yeah it was a horrendous miss and may, or may not, have cost us a further 2 points. My point still stands though that he's won us more points over the season and only time will tell if those potential 2 points will cost us. Still not going to get worked up about it though as I'd watch the guy in our team every day of the week. Players like him make football a joy to watch.

2 hours ago, PortyMo said:

He was actually pulling all the strings for Airdrie today. He was running the show for long periods. He didny half make a total feck up with his pen though.

Did he try a Panenka or was it just blazed over. Couldn't tell from our end.

Looked like a failed Panenka to me. Brilliant match right enough 

As others have said, it was an entertaining match today. 

A draw was a fair result. I had the fear every time Airdrie took the ball forward. They seemed more likely to score, but Fleming pulled off a few good saves. We had a number of chances too.

Airdrie will rue that missed penalty...

3 hours ago, mo83 said:

Spice Boy springs to mind.

Spice boy for having the confidence to try something different. Aye no bother ya clown. 

Easton been the player of the season for me. In my time watching Airdrie I can’t remember a player with so much confidence, personality and entertainment quality on the pitch. He’s rightly earned plaudits as one of the best players outwith the Prem. As an opposition fan it must be how I viewed Mark Gilhaney when he always scored against us. Sometimes you just need to smash a penalty a la Lovers when he took them, but fair fucks to him for stepping up. 

Losing such an early goal could have been really damaging, and Montrose certainly were always threatening from set pieces. Getting the equaliser was one of our  successful ones, and it was an entertaining game despite that howling wind. I thought Fleming made several good saves but Currie also managed to stop one at a crucial point.  We looked more in control just before Montrose got the second.

Fair dos to taking the game to Montrose and deserved equaliser. However that penalty miss was so crucial and might well settle the destination of the title. It's hard to defend him but as others have said he has given us great goals and football skills

But we did battle to get the win and Montrose might well have done better with counter attacks. This was always going to be tough and the play offs are going to be close. 

Full marks to many although I thought Gabby was a bit off it. Well done Gal for his goal! No need to open up the previous debate on Jordan!;

It's the coldest I've felt this season in the wind tunnel!

Looked like a failed Panenka to me. Brilliant match right enough 

Yeah mate, was at the end where he missed it. Gutting that he just didn’t smash it down the middle but if it goes down to ifs buts and maybes then we would be about 10 points clear. Fair play to cove though who are a team who can grind out results where necessary. Praying we can do it in the playoffs, looking forward to a midweek trip to links park. Mon. The. Diamonds.

8 hours ago, Dylan Easton Fanclub said:

Spice boy for having the confidence to try something different. Aye no bother ya clown. 

Easton been the player of the season for me. In my time watching Airdrie I can’t remember a player with so much confidence, personality and entertainment quality on the pitch. He’s rightly earned plaudits as one of the best players outwith the Prem. As an opposition fan it must be how I viewed Mark Gilhaney when he always scored against us. Sometimes you just need to smash a penalty a la Lovers when he took them, but fair fucks to him for stepping up. 

Rattled....lol.

I see with your username your obviously a big fan of DE and rightly so a very good player on his day.

Maybe "Spice Boy" was the wrong terms to use for DH.My point was really with 15 mins to go and going for the league would you really try a Paneka? 

Plonker maybe should have been the term I should have used for him, good game none the less 2 good teams going for it 👍

That would of been an excellent and entertaining game to watch as a neutral. Was pretty much over for us in the push for the title when Fyvie scored that worldie. 

Fairly enjoyed my visit to Links Park yesterday despite the result. Couldn't believe how cold the main stand was in the first half, especially for it being in April, luckily enough moved to behind the goals to get some sunshine and a heat 😁.

Could see Airdrie and Montrose in the play offs being a similar type game to the Cove 3-2 game in the play offs last season. Both teams wanted to go for it, play football and win the game. 

Bit gutted the away fixture in the play offs would be a Tuesday but of a trek for a mid week game as it would of been a great day out on the Saturday.

And let's get McCabe back on penalty duty please 😅

Cracking thread title. 

I can mind the 1980s when there were saddoes following Aberdeen and Hibs and the likes, thinking that fitba was a fashion show with the chance of a fight. 

Did Montrose and Airdrie fans really get involved in this nonsense? You've got to laugh.