Portland Bill Seaside Squad v Section B. Official match thread & comfortable play off secured love in.

Match day prediction- Montrose are having a dip in form lately, only gubbing Falkirk away 3 goals to nil, that’s a reflection of how poor we’ve been in the last 4-5 weeks. The Desmonds are still in chance of the league, slim, but still in it.

I think the day will end up with both sets of supporters slightly disappointed, Airdrie lads because of the disruption to train services relating to Montrose & subsequent bus service from Dundee which is a bummer for the guys getting the train.

Gable Endies will be very disappointed at the announcement that Andy Considine has signed a pre-contract but he’s not allowed to wear his Stag dress on match days. 
On the pitch, I can see a narrow draw for both teams. I just hope the visiting support take advantage of the “wear a strip- half price pizza”offer that’s currently on at Dominos in Montrose- this offer is also open to Montrose supporters. 

Enjoy your day fellas! 

Airdie will be going all out for the win to keep on the coat tails of Cove.  Hopefully a raised level of confidence after a comfortable victory over Lolkirk will make this a really competitive match.  We have pretty much got 3rd spot sewn up but a point here wouldn't be harmful towards keeping QP at bay

Tell me more about this Dominos Pizza offer!! 🤣

This is the only game in the run-in I'm not very confident in winning, but the side are on such a great run of form, attacking and defending well and giving everything, so I wouldn't put it past them to go and do it again. Our unbeaten run has been remarkable. Montrose away is usually one of the toughest fixtures on the list and you fancy it'll turn out that way again. Returning to the scene of our last league defeat. Even the 4-1 game was more difficult than the scoreline suggests; compare and contrast the ease of the 1-4 at Falkirk with the 4-1 against Montrose. You fancy we'll need to be as deadly on Saturday as we were in that statement victory in February. 

At least the weather cannae be worse than the last visit up there, so we should get a better spectacle. Hard to imagine that diabolically bad falkirk side getting anything off Cove (and if they do take the lead you know Cove will get their now obligatory injury time goal. Still chuckling that it was the same bloody minute) so even more important that we find a way to the three points here, as hard as I understand this will be. Pleased that McCabe and Watson are back for it. Presumably they'll slot straight back in.

Gutted that I'm going to have to stream it, but hey ho. Hopefully a healthy crowd travels and gets right behind them. Give them a roar on my behalf, folks. 

31 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

This is the only game in the run-in I'm not very confident in winning, but the side are on such a great run of form, attacking and defending well and giving everything, so I wouldn't put it past them to go and do it again. Our unbeaten run has been remarkable. Montrose away is usually one of the toughest fixtures on the list and you fancy it'll turn out that way again. Returning to the scene of our last league defeat. Even the 4-1 game was more difficult than the scoreline suggests; compare and contrast the ease of the 1-4 at Falkirk with the 4-1 against Montrose. You fancy we'll need to be as deadly on Saturday as we were in that statement victory in February. 

Gutted that I'm going to have to stream it, but hey ho. Hopefully a healthy crowd travels and gets right behind them. Give them a roar on my behalf, folks. 

We are travelling in a healthy state but one of the regulars was trapped by the dreaded Covid positive results . Will try to replace his usual vocal barrage. It will be tough for me and the team. Hope it works out as my optimism remains.

Covid bound here, sadly.

Thanks to Davey at Montrose, a refund will be processed for the match ticket and streaming prevails in its place.

Second failed attempt to get to Links Park this season. Last viewing was disrupted I recall. Hoping for a more satisfactory outcome.

21 minutes ago, diamondman said:

Covid bound here, sadly.

Thanks to Davey at Montrose, a refund will be processed for the match ticket and streaming prevails in its place.

Second failed attempt to get to Links Park this season. Last viewing was disrupted I recall. Hoping for a more satisfactory outcome.

Yeah, stream never worked the last time I’m sure. I’d hold off until the last minute to buy.

Should be a decent game can’t remember the last time we won at Links Park.

Always wary of Montrose, I’d imagine they’ll be up for it after the drubbing we handed them out last time. Two teams sussing each other out for the likely playoff. 

4 minutes ago, Diamond10 said:

Should be a decent game can’t remember the last time we won at Links Park.

I think it was early on in the 19/20 season, maybe even the second game. We played poorly but Callum Smith scored a great goal, cutting in from the left to win 1-0. Sean Dillon was harshly sent off for Montrose that day and we were a bit fortunate when Big Nat got away with a bad tackle. I’ll happily take the same again tomorrow!

1 hour ago, Mr November said:

I think it was early on in the 19/20 season, maybe even the second game. We played poorly but Callum Smith scored a great goal, cutting in from the left to win 1-0. Sean Dillon was harshly sent off for Montrose that day and we were a bit fortunate when Big Nat got away with a bad tackle. I’ll happily take the same again tomorrow!

Didn't Airdrie get a penalty from the Dillon incident  whoever took the penalty almost knocked the weather vane off the top of the steeple. 

9 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

Didn't Airdrie get a penalty from the Dillon incident  whoever took the penalty almost knocked the weather vane off the top of the steeple. 

Ally Roy. Had done well prior to that game in the League Cup then never performed and looked like he lost all confidence after he missed that penalty. 

31 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Said the man in the orthopaedic shoes

On one view, my physical shortcomings may be being mocked here.  My legal advisors could offer an opinion.

Such is not the case though and I hope the Covid spectre will pass soon.

Good end to end game and a fair result. Some great saves from the Seagull. Be a tight couple of games in what looks like will be our play off opponents if this is anything to go by.

Hopefully be able to rest a few players in our last couple of games to get them ready for the play offs.