That was a relief. Fair to say we were uninspiring today. How much of that was down to a good EF game plan though? Again.

They do what they do very well (Gus would be proud), but that was quite awful to sit and watch.

Agree with the comments about McBride.

Surreal. Boring. Awful. No idea how we’ve made it to the play-offs. I hope this hoofball is only allowed due to the uncertainty of the pitch. Wasn’t so long ago we were moaning about not scoring goals from decent performances. Nothing decent at all today. 

Still, if any team can scrape through four 1-1 draws and two penalty shoot-outs it’s this team. 

3 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

That was a relief. Fair to say we were uninspiring today. How much of that was down to a good EF game plan though? Again.

They do what they do very well (Gus would be proud), but that was quite awful to sit and watch.

Agree with the comments about McBride.

Gus would indeed be proud, they seemed to be time wasting right from the start.

I cant imagine how any East Fife fan can be happy with that performance. Looked like they had already conceded that they were going down and were just going for damage limitation by packing the defence and being hard to break down.

They achieved that well and frustrated us and almost kept a clean sheet, and that's fine when your in no danger, but if my team were in need of wins to stay in the league I'd want them to at least go out and try to win the game and at worst go down fighting.

All that said, we've struggled to get results against them each time this season, so I'll be glad to not have to face them next year regardless of our playoff results.

1 hour ago, Ben Reilly said:

Gus would indeed be proud, they seemed to be time wasting right from the start.

I cant imagine how any East Fife fan can be happy with that performance. Looked like they had already conceded that they were going down and were just going for damage limitation by packing the defence and being hard to break down.

They achieved that well and frustrated us and almost kept a clean sheet, and that's fine when your in no danger, but if my team were in need of wins to stay in the league I'd want them to at least go out and try to win the game and at worst go down fighting.

All that said, we've struggled to get results against them each time this season, so I'll be glad to not have to face them next year regardless of our playoff results.

That is just a stupid comment to make. Why on earth would we be wasting time at 0-0 when we needed three points

31 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

That is just a stupid comment to make. Why on earth would we be wasting time at 0-0 when we needed three points

Yes, that's exactly the same question I was asking.

Unfortunately your players didn't look interested in trying to fight for three points and were content to leave with just one.

In the end they left with none.

No doubt that QP didn't deserve 3 points based on their performance. But it would be hard to argue that East Fife deserve to stay in league 1 based on their effort today.

The state of the pitch today made it very difficult for the players to control the ball. As for East Fife wasting time, why on earth would they do that? It certainly looked to me that they were trying to win the game but they clearly have limitations. They wouldn't be bottom of the league otherwise.

Absolute eye bleeding murder apart from a good spell when Simon Murray came on. One of the lows was watching Mike Doyle and Louis Longridge trying to link up down the right wing. Jeez. A world of difference between last week v Cove and today's insipid shambles. One of these days someone will report Queen's to the cruelties for inflicting terrible football on unsuspecting primary school weans.

Massive improvement needed for the play offs.

Edited by Spidersmad

1 hour ago, I Zingari said:

The state of the pitch today made it very difficult for the players to control the ball. As for East Fife wasting time, why on earth would they do that? It certainly looked to me that they were trying to win the game but they clearly have limitations. They wouldn't be bottom of the league otherwise.

Exactly. Players take knocks. Doesn't mean they are time wasting. 

A bizarre performance from Queens. After the intensity and desire of the previous games against Clyde and Cove, this was the polar opposite. That said, I must congratulate the squad for securing the Play-Off spot with three games to spare.

Back in August, fourth place was the best I would dare to dream was possible, although never really believing it - mind you after Simon Murray's free kick at Falkirk I began to think we could win this league! Football...eh! 

Nowhere near good enough. My problem with this group all season has been attitude. Can anyone say with a straight face that these players put into that game what they did the Clyde and Cove games? The hope is that they decide to turn up for the playoffs, as has happened against Cove. Either way, yesterday only solidified my opinion that a wrecking ball needs to be taken to this squad, promotion or not. 

10 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Exactly. Players take knocks. Doesn't mean they are time wasting. 

The highlights show that EF were much more productive than QP in the second half. Teams have to play to their strengths. It’s for their opponents to exploit the weaknesses. You did your job better than us on the day. 

14 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:

Not quite sure what happened at the death, but looked like a great late save by Ferrie to prevent the all to common late equaliser.

East Fife player should have scored with the first effort but ended up hitting a bit of a trundler that Ferrie should have held (maybe saw it late) Great recovery save but the other guy was flagged offside

We shitefested our way to the play offs yesterday but with three games to spare and a quality away day guaranteed in the play offs with no great expectations I'm quite relaxed at the moment about the whole thing.

Thought East Fife were worth a point but our forward options have been limited since start of season. I have real concern for next season in Division 2 if Blair is the calibre of player Crawford is entertaining. We let two players of better quality go Watt and Dunsmore. And played this disaster every week. Shirking tackles clueless in passing my goodness we really need something much better than him

At the start of the season, I think most of us saw the playoffs rather than winning the league as the realistic objective. With a fit Murray for the full year and, based on the past couple of weeks, a fit Lyon, we could have been nearer Cove, but maybe not good enough to win the division.

We had a horrible dip mid-year but we're in the playoffs and injuries to major players are a little less impactful.

Three games for OC to give some players a run and to work on tactics.  Yesterday wasn't pretty but the three points were the thing.

Once again, could be worse, we could be Falkirk.