Despite a pretty decent performance for 80 minutes, the at-the-death Cove goal last week is still on my mind, so what better medicine than pumping East Fife this week? Except that we can deal with Cove (we're the only side they haven't beaten) but struggle against Methil's finest. No wins in three games; nightmare.

Hopefully we're up for it this week and the grass will have grown in a bit more to allow us to play our own brand of silky soccer.

I'll go for a 2-0 QP win with Bob "Goals" McHugh and supersub Simon Murray despatching the Fifers to League Two.

Bob, Simon and Jai to start upfront: our usual blistering start, this time however with no near misses, no richochet off the woodwoork and each to score within the first 10 minutes.

And we rest easy for the remainer of the the afternoon. 

If only life were that easy.  

1-1. Queen's to take the lead early in the second half and opt to defend the six yard box for the final fifteen minutes. Equaliser for the Fifers in the 97th minute. The titanic Bairns - Spiders battle to avoid promotion will continue ...

That was a hard watch. A bizarre lack of intensity from both teams with lots of players out of sorts for us, Louis Longridge in particular was miles off it. Think we should have made a couple of subs at half time.

An opportunity now for us to give Simon Murray and Jai Quitongo a couple of starts and try and get them up to full fitness for the playoffs.

That was painful to watch. Both teams stunk the place out with a severe lack of quality and more worryingly a massive drop off in intensity from the previous week. I was really hoping we’d continue the type of performance against Cove were we hassled and got in the players faces, but we got served up with the polar opposite. It was generally an extremely boring watch and today again reinforced the issue we have with breaking down teams happy to sit in.

Performances all over the place were poor, particularly Longridge and Mcbride. There isn’t a single justification as to why Connor Mcbride starts today and going forward. He quite literally offers nothing. He can’t score, isn’t quick, doesn’t carry the ball and his link up play is absent. For as bad as Longstaff has been, I’d still have him over Mcbride. The obvious replacement would be Quitongo but it’s becoming apparent as the weeks go on that he isn’t favoured, which is a massive shame.  

Its 3 points at the end of the day and I’m now buzzing for the playoffs but I’m going into these games with hope rather than any expectation. I hope they obviously prove me wrong and achieve promotion but there can’t be a performance anywhere like today’s or else we’ll be finished by the 1st leg against what looks Dunfermline or Ayr 

Not quite daylight robbery, but QP very fortunate to get the three points. A softish penalty, the QP player got brushed and went down as you would expect. 

However, the league table does not lie, and one unfortunate result doesn't mean we do not deserve to finish bottom of the pile. 

39 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Not quite daylight robbery, but QP very fortunate to get the three points. A softish penalty, the QP player got brushed and went down as you would expect. 

However, the league table does not lie, and one unfortunate result doesn't mean we do not deserve to finish bottom of the pile. 

Opening myself up to being proven wrong once the highlights are up, but I was at that end of the stand and it looked a clear penalty. Looked like the EF player hauled our player (Longstaff?) back by his arm.

I had the fear that the squabbling over who would take the pen would lead to us missing it, but Connell put it away (just) to seal playoff place in dramatic fashion at the end of a very poor game.

We certainly made it difficult for ourselves and rode our luck a few times with scrambles in our own box.

Not quite sure what happened at the death, but looked like a great late save by Ferrie to prevent the all to common late equaliser.

We'll need to be much better in the playoffs, but at least we've secured our place there with a few games to go.