Adding calories to Restaurant Menus

25 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I suppose this is quite a useful piece of guidance for people.

Not sure how they got 50% of your height but it might make it easier for some to recognise they have a problem rather than relying on their scales and BMI.

Keep your waist to less than half your height, guidance says - BBC News

Seems reasonable. That would make mine a 38 inch which is what I (just) am. Down from 42 in December. 

28 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Not sure how they got 50% of your height but it might make it easier for some to recognise they have a problem rather than relying on their scales and BMI.

So folk are not so much too fat as too short

16 hours ago, ICTChris said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_men's_club

Bring back fat mens clubs IMO.

I'll sign you in, see if you Iike it first.

15 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Not being horrible (well....maybe) but how does the first one manage to wipe his arse?

You need to join the club to find that out.

Publishing the calories saves you having to read the description and is efficient. 

"450" says "shite" way more effectively than "beetroot and rocket salad with pomegranate dressing" 

On the other hand, "1,450" sounds amazing. It's probably got cheese and some sort of fried potato as well as proper meat. 

Publishing the calories saves you having to read the description and is efficient. 
"450" says "shite" way more effectively than "beetroot and rocket salad with pomegranate dressing" 
On the other hand, "1,450" sounds amazing. It's probably got cheese and some sort of fried potato as well as proper meat. 
I'm off out tonight for a 2k+

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
10 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I'm off out tonight for a 2k+

Ah, la haute cuisine x

On 08/04/2022 at 10:54, oaksoft said:

Someone who is 6ft can have a 43 inch waist and be healthy? I would have thought above 38"/36" is unhealthy.

ETA, A quick Google led me astray, as you were.

Edited by 101

Six feet = 72 inches. Half that is 36 meaning six footers need to have a 36 inch waste.

using this calculation, to have a healthy waist size of 43 inches you need to be 86 inches tall, which is 7 feet 2 inches. Basically Shaquille O’Neal.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

Six feet = 72 inches. Half that is 36 meaning six footers need to have a 36 inch waste.

using this calculation, to have a healthy waist size of 43 inches you need to be 86 inches tall, which is 7 feet 2 inches. Basically Shaquille O’Neal.

Bad example.  Fat c**t.

https://compareceleb.com/1486-shaquille-oneal.html

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

When I googled it it came up 86". Woops 😅

24 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Never mind blaming google. You seriously couldn't multiply 12 by 6 in your head? 😆

I forgot there was 12" to a foot. I'm not a metric martyr ;). That my new excuse anyway.