The expensive balls on the railway line 😁 (Alloa v Clyde)

10 hours ago, Kevchenko said:

Frustrating is the word - he looks frustrated that he isn’t scoring and he has been frustrating to watch lately!

Ultimately his (and Boyd’s) goals in the first half of the season were pretty much what kept us from sitting bottom of the pile, and he created one of the highlights of the season with his double at Queens Park, but since he came back in January he really hasn’t contributed much. 

Had really high hopes of him playing up top alongside someone else, but if anything his work rate he reduced having someone up there with him. 

Someone he seems to think is better than he is. If that was the case he would not have come back in January but ended up in a higher league.

Perhaps the fact it took so long for him to return suggests he was waiting out for that scenario and it didn't materialise. Assumption is other managers knew that and ours was desperate to get him as it was those goals keeping him in a job. He should be benched and see if that jolts his attitude.

Henderson's return was delayed until Heart's got a replacement in. He was always coming back to us. He's got very unfortunate body language, that's the first thing he should change IMO, and certainly often looks like he can't be arsed, but he's still looks most likely to score.

Having said that, I can see Hendo being dropped for the Cove game. If Cawley's fit then he has to come back in and Henderson is the obvious one to drop out for that game for me. Probably a case too for Senna starting, but not sure for whom - certainly not Robbo or Scougs (as BF bizarrely might have done).

McIver did very well yesterday, as well as the goal he linked up well, winning plenty flick ons and keeping it simple. He deserves to retain his place, as does Sammon who was effective despite his idiosyncrasies!

Howie also did well, especially when moved to his natural side and I'd be comfortable starting him against Milne, especially with Boyd or Cawley helping him.

Great to win yesterday and genuinely believe we can go to Cove and take something from the game. Hoping to get up there as never been to the ground.

Edited by printer

Very big three points but in a weird way, didn't feel it. Had friendly vibes all the way through it and Clyde really didn't lay a glove bar one awkward moment which Love squandered. We were so comfortable but didn't really up the tempo at all. Some nice passing but finishing missing. That is us all but safe. Thank goodness this season is nearly over!

Agree that Henderson looks a shadow of the player he was last year. I do wonder if there is a loan clause / fee that he starts though. His body langauge on pitch recently been poor and finishing very tame. MacIver worked hard and good to see him rewarded with a goal but really should have got three. I'd start MacIver over Henderson next game, on the assumption that Cawley is fit to come back in, at least MacIver is someone who might be here next year. We all agree that Henderson won't.

Plenty positives too. Scougall classy as ever. Think next season under Rice we will finally see the main man for the whole season, seen it in two spells this year - start of the season and under Rice. Howie too who has been highlighted was excellent, got to be a regular starter next year. 

On a Clyde side, good to see Neil back in goals making big saves. Far from done. Special mention to PJ Morrison, a great goalkeeper though and makes seeing him in the opposition ranks a little bit easier. He was not really tested at all yesterday but in general very good when called upon and his distribution constantly causes chaos in the opposition box. Be interesting to see where he ends up next year.

Would be nice to knock Falkirk off of 5th but really I am just looking forward to the summer and giving Rice free reign to fix this squad that Barry has made a mare of. So many players on the bench that just will not feature. This season will just be looked back upon with frustation that we never pulled the trigger sooner with an inconsistent Queen's Park side securing play-offs yesterday. I don't see Rice ripping up this core anymore and I'm pretty optimistic going into next year. It is great to see four / five attackers all starting and despite some defensive frailties, I agree with what Rice says that it is a team that could hit someone for four or five. Yesterday should have been it but not to worry, three points all the same.

1 hour ago, KierenAAFC said:

Very big three points but in a weird way, didn't feel it. Had friendly vibes all the way through it and Clyde really didn't lay a glove bar one awkward moment which Love squandered. We were so comfortable but didn't really up the tempo at all. Some nice passing but finishing missing. That is us all but safe. Thank goodness this season is nearly over!

Agree that Henderson looks a shadow of the player he was last year. I do wonder if there is a loan clause / fee that he starts though. His body langauge on pitch recently been poor and finishing very tame. MacIver worked hard and good to see him rewarded with a goal but really should have got three. I'd start MacIver over Henderson next game, on the assumption that Cawley is fit to come back in, at least MacIver is someone who might be here next year. We all agree that Henderson won't.

Plenty positives too. Scougall classy as ever. Think next season under Rice we will finally see the main man for the whole season, seen it in two spells this year - start of the season and under Rice. Howie too who has been highlighted was excellent, got to be a regular starter next year. 

On a Clyde side, good to see Neil back in goals making big saves. Far from done. Special mention to PJ Morrison, a great goalkeeper though and makes seeing him in the opposition ranks a little bit easier. He was not really tested at all yesterday but in general very good when called upon and his distribution constantly causes chaos in the opposition box. Be interesting to see where he ends up next year.

Would be nice to knock Falkirk off of 5th but really I am just looking forward to the summer and giving Rice free reign to fix this squad that Barry has made a mare of. So many players on the bench that just will not feature. This season will just be looked back upon with frustation that we never pulled the trigger sooner with an inconsistent Queen's Park side securing play-offs yesterday. I don't see Rice ripping up this core anymore and I'm pretty optimistic going into next year. It is great to see four / five attackers all starting and despite some defensive frailties, I agree with what Rice says that it is a team that could hit someone for four or five. Yesterday should have been it but not to worry, three points all the same.

Cove next week? 😜

23 hours ago, Harry Haddock said:

Absolutely dreadful.The problem going forward is the majority of these players know they are on their way out at the end of the season.Can we play 6 a side for the next 3 games?

If you're right, and I've seen this aired on the OS, this is another massive failure for our bowling club based football club.  With 3 or very possibly 5 games to go, each player should believe they're playing for their future.  

Firstly another poor game, beat off a team who didnt have to do much and as i predicted Alloa would be safe as they got rid of the previous characters just in time

In terns o my lot, There wont be a player told there away at end of season with 3 possibly 7 to go...Not a chance.

However there is a chance one or two have signed pre contracts and maybe not giving manager 100%.

What i do know is were in serrious bother, no shots on goal i can recall from last three games & Dumbarton quietly picking up points and seemingly played well on sat v Peterhead who comfortably rolled us over the previous week!

Utter madness we didnt bring in a centre forward to assist young LJ in Jsn knowing fine well DGW was away

Roll n sat and Cupa Tea with something strong it as this is going to last game o season for us

Edited by shawfield shed boy