The expensive balls on the railway line 😁 (Alloa v Clyde)

Brutal second half performance. A massively important game, go behind with more than half an hour to play and we didn't create a single chance, not even half a chance, after that. We didnt manage to get the ball into Samuel's feet once after he came on. Absolutely pathetic.

We really are just praying Dumbarton don't pick up 2 or more points in their next 2 games. If they do, we're getting relegated.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Letting Dumbarton closer again in the league, based on the inability of this squad to play football or fight I don't fancy us going to Dumbarton on the last day needing something. Get this season over and bin the squad. 

Far too many player out their depth even for league 2 nevermind league 1

Not great from us, all a bit disjointed and lacking intensity, and some terrible finishing too. But we were still by far the better team against an awful Clyde side. 19 shots to 1 according to the stats. Fair play to the players and manager anyway, got the job done. 

8 points clear of 9th now and I think we can pretty much relax. Hopefully the team can go up a level or two again for the last 3 games with the pressure off. Sena brought much needed drive when he eventually came on today, start him next to Robbo to give us a platform and let Scougall, Boyd etc do their stuff. I'd send Henderson back to Hearts too, doesn't look like he wants to be there and not bringing very much (other than frustration) to the team. 

Edited by Waspie

not Pretty but 3 points and surely safe from any danger 

Parry kept clyde in the game and did well as usual against his old team

like Waspie said we seem to lack intensity although it was more like it 2nd half

1 point off lolkirk now which will be interesting  🙂

Fucking awful again. No fight, no hunger, no desire, no fucking willingness to play football. MOTM parry with some excellent saves, with pass marks only going to Rumsby and Cuddihy IMO. Love has the passion and the fire in the belly but has been very poor this season. Jones, do I need to say anything? What a waste of a wage he is we'd be better playing with 10 men. 

1 shot in total, and not scored in just about a month. Pathetic. Will be going to dumbo on the last day needing a win and I am afraid to say I really don't see us scoring, never mind winning a game before the end of the season. 

Players and staff should be apologising for that pish poor performance. 

Pretty poor game but a crucial 3 points. 

Night and day how we seen out the game after scoring compared to last week, although definitely helped by Clyde pretty much offering nothing all game. 

Don’t think Henderson could complain if he gets dropped next week, his lack of work rate can be over looked when he is scoring, but when the goals dry up he is offering very little. MacIver got himself 3 excellent chances and really should have had a hat trick. 

3 tough games to finish the season, but hopefully that’s enough done now not to be needing something against Montrose on the final day. 

Would take a real shitemare to end up in ninth now, and we're only a point off fifth place. Dunno about anyone else, but I'd have taken that a couple of months ago.

2 hours ago, bullyweehutch said:

Quite possibly the laziest and worst player we've ever had and that is some feat! Utter jobber of a player in a squad full of shite 

Amazing the clubs he has been at. He is absolute dross and that is saying something from some of the mingers we had brought in! How does Lennon get a 2 year deal as well?

It feels like it's been an entire season of games like that; there's been an unfathomable number of halves where we've not even managed an attack, even in games that we've ultimately won. Today was just another game spent refreshing the Dumbarton result progress. A good away point we took there at least. 

Parry stopped it being 3-0. Cuddihy won a lot of second balls and then kept possession. Rumsby won his battle against Sammon. Apart from that, absolute garbage. We missed Splaine terribly as someone who can open the game up, even though we've added a bit of pace in Jamieson/McAllister neither of them is so explosive that they use it to create space. 

Love hasn't been good this season, or last, or the season before. He was an (important) super-sub in L2, not a regular starter. I've no idea why we keep accommodating him in the team; if we do, then it has to be up front similar to the EF game. Jones' effort to stop the Alloa centre half stepping out at the goal was pathetic and I'd genuinely prefer us to keep a seat free on the bench rather than naming him.

Going to Cove/Airdrie away, Dumbarton now need a win or a pair of draws as a minimum. I'll be refreshing the match updates with some regularity. It would be nice for us to dig ourselves out of it but unless there's a reappearance of Cunningham and Splaine then we'll struggle in our next two.

I'd send Henderson back to Hearts too, doesn't look like he wants to be there and not bringing very much (other than frustration) to the team. 

I thought I was the only person who thought Henderson is not interested in playing for us, shows flashes but not going to put effort in chasing lost causes or tracking back.

46 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

I'd send Henderson back to Hearts too, doesn't look like he wants to be there and not bringing very much (other than frustration) to the team. 

I thought I was the only person who thought Henderson is not interested in playing for us, shows flashes but not going to put effort in chasing lost causes or tracking back.

Frustrating is the word - he looks frustrated that he isn’t scoring and he has been frustrating to watch lately!

Ultimately his (and Boyd’s) goals in the first half of the season were pretty much what kept us from sitting bottom of the pile, and he created one of the highlights of the season with his double at Queens Park, but since he came back in January he really hasn’t contributed much. 

Had really high hopes of him playing up top alongside someone else, but if anything his work rate he reduced having someone up there with him. 

1 hour ago, David W said:

Parry stopped it being 3-0

big Neil looks fitter than when he was with us before , he was scandalously treated but it seems he has reacted positively

and looks back to his best , I thought Neil had seen his best days i admit  

nice to see he still gets applauded at the cowshed, how long is his contract with you guys  ?  🙂

1 hour ago, Redwedge77 said:

i think he has lost a bit of confidence i still think he wants to be here , just going through a bad patch  maybe .

big Neil looks fitter than when he was with us before , he was scandalously treated but it seems he has reacted positively
and looks back to his best , I thought Neil had seen his best days i admit  
nice to see he still gets applauded at the cowshed, how long is his contract with you guys  ?  [emoji846]

He signed a 2 year deal. Here till the end of next season