The expensive balls on the railway line 😁 (Alloa v Clyde)

Sadly won’t have the option of retaining my recreation park ball bay of the year award as I am isolating with covid so no £250 footballs will end up on the train line…

As for the game, Alloa 2-0 Clyde. Our stumble towards the finish line will continue on Saturday in mind numbing fashion.

I still buckle thinking about the Alloa director trying to get personal details to send a bill for £250 through 😂

Would be class to do the quadruple over Alloa and kill off any play off fears but I’m not confident. 

It's very hard to predict anything results-wise at the moment.  If we play to our abilities, and improve on our finishing from last week, then I would hope we can come away with 3 points before what looks like, on paper, a relatively challeging run in. 

Hopefully we get a good reaction today to last week. The manager was saying before the game that there would be no complacency despite the good run of results putting us in a better place, but the tempo and intensity did seem to have dropped off a bit and we were a little lethargic. Despite that we did just about deserve to go in front late on. The 10 or so minutes after that were ridiculous (albeit entertaining!). He has done really well in his few weeks at Alloa but Rice has to take some responsibility for that too, his habit of loads of changes in personnel and shape throughout games has potential pitfalls and we were all over the place late on last week. Hopefully at the very least he learned a bit more about the players he said he was undecided about. 

A good chance today to bounce back. We have been very good to Clyde this season by providing 9 points and Neil Parry but this is a game we need to win. Lose it and we're heading into an uncomfortable end to the season. 

If we move Jamieson wide to have Jones up front, which I'm assuming we will, I'll be pissed off. He's out only true goal threat and really hasnt offered much from the wing.

I'm glad Page is back but not if he's shunted out to right back.

You'd have to question whether McAllister or particularly Cuddihy are truly fit. The latter didn't even look fit the last time we played him.

Really not looking forward to this game or monitoring the Dumbarton score.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Surely it's just back to the 442 we have played with reasonable success?

Splaine being out is a huge blow but we benefit from Page, McAllister and Cuddihy returning. I'd still prefer Docherty at left back over Livingstone who should be playing further forward.

We started poorly but played our way into the game a little. Still switching off at the back at times though and losing headers everywhere. Definitely missing Splaine in the middle of the park.

God knows why some people want to keep Love, wasted every decent attack we've had.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

We did indeed start with Jamieson out wide but have been better since going back to 442. Only serious effort on goal was a Howie pass back though. 

Awful game, would take a draw now.

Really poor half. Rather than any big reaction to last week it's more of the same so far, bizarre lack of intensity given the importance of this game. I'd get Sena on in the middle of the park next to Robertson, give us a better shape (or just some kind of shape) and chance to get the ball down and do something with it.