Sons vs Blue Toon

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

I said this year

Didn’t realise we were being pedantic. Most people when they refer to this year in football mean this season. Apologies you were misunderstood. 

I don’t blame you for trying to forget the last 3 months of 2021 either 

8 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Two then? Discounting the Stenny cup tie when we had a two man bench - one of whom was Kirk McKnight.

We've also only finished three games with 10 men. And weren't leading in any of them when we went down to 10 (or nine, or eight). 

As BBPF says there hasn't been much to enjoy since September. Especially at home. But we're coming into this on the back of a cracking result at Alloa, where we saw enough from a few players to go into the game with a bit of confidence. It's win or bust this weekend. But I'm certainly not going into it anywhere near as negatively as I would've done after the game at New Bayview last month. 

This team can win on Saturday. Whether it will or not will depend hugely on which players turn up - and how we start the match.

Quite right.

Every reason for positivity going into this weekend. 

All we can do now is back the players and manager.

I think the only issue that might stop Faz fielding the same starting 11 for the 3rd week in a row would be Carsys knock from last saturday.  If he's fit, expect the same, if not I hope he brings in Wilson or McKee instead of moving Carlo into Cm.

Looking forward to it today, get right in about it early.

Crackin’ day for it, hopefully the pitch has improved a bit with the recent good weather. Have those wee Rangers turds played on it since our last game?
Just the once and that was ten days ago. Mind you, it seems like Bonnyrigg love playing there[emoji85]c9ab62dc6005d52c583fe1e9e1ce1541.jpg

12 minutes ago, HIGHLANDER2 said:

Is there a problem with the livestream when i try to log in the screen goes black

There are two streams set up for it. One of them should work and the other won't. I've just tried it on my phone here and it seemed to be okay.

On 06/04/2022 at 00:39, FifeSons said:

I’ll be watching this one from Budapest in one of the many bars that I’m sure will be live streaming the game.

Quite simply, win or bust for Sons and Stevie Farrell.

Bust it is then.

I don’t really know where to start with that so I’ll start with the gaffer - I’ve found his approach to these relegation deciders absolutely mind boggling. Today we had a fairly anonymous Ross MacLean and a toiling Oyinsen creating very little and and getting on the end of f**k all, meanwhile we have 3 guys sitting on the bench, who completely changed the game last week, and we don’t see them introduced until the last 10 minutes, one of them in the 87th minute. Why!? Why the hell would you not change things sooner? For the 2nd week running any neutral watching that 2nd half would never have known that was a must win game for us until the last 4 or 5 minutes. Why in the 84th minute do we have guys sauntering over to hit a corner without a care in the world!? Completely baffling. I was expecting us to go gung ho for the last 15/20 minutes at least. 

How many goals have we scored from corners this season? It can’t have been hellish much, especially since the good run of form ended in October. Today we had 9 corners and arguably created one good chance from them. We not only desperately lack a proper set piece taker we lack someone willing to go heid first through a brick wall to get on the end of a corner or free kick. 

We actually played pretty well today but we took far too long to adjust to the wind in the 2nd half. Our lack of cutting edge and our wastefulness from set pieces cost us massively today and I wasn’t inspired one bit by the man sitting in the dugout and his reluctance to change things or really go for it. 

I think it sums us up today in the 2nd half. Kieran Wright was clearly struggling to kick into the wind, not one of our outfield players came to help him out, drop deep and take the ball. After about 6 kicks straight out the park, he rolls the next couple out and the defenders panic and lose possession anyway. Nobody wanting to take responsibility, all hiding, too much of that all season!

4 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I think it sums us up today in the 2nd half. Kieran Wright was clearly struggling to kick into the wind, not one of our outfield players came to help him out, drop deep and take the ball. After about 6 kicks straight out the park, he rolls the next couple out and the defenders panic and lose possession anyway. Nobody wanting to take responsibility, all hiding, too much of that all season!

Absolutely correct and that’s what I meant in my post regarding adjusting to the wind. Why it took us so long to realise Wright was struggling kicking into the wind is beyond me. That extends to the management team as well, they should be dishing out the orders if the players are too thick to figure it out themselves. We spent the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half putting ourselves under needless pressure.

Went along to this today as I couldn’t make Airdrie‘s game. Dumbarton were excellent in the first half. They were aggressive, pressing high up the park and not giving Peterhead any space. However, they never created many chances despite their dominance and ultimately that came back to bite them. Big Oyinsan is a good laugh to watch, a great finish for his goal and he gave Brown and Want a really difficult time during the first half, they couldn’t deal with him at all. He fell out the game in the second half but he was a real nuisance up until then. It was a poor goal to lose and very bad timing, Dumbarton seemed to lose all momentum between that and half time. 

The second half was a non-event really, no clear chances for either side and you can see why both teams are at the bottom end of the table. Based on the first half there’s enough evidence to show Dumbarton could potentially drag themselves out of 9th but unfortunately for them October onwards shows that’s pretty unlikely at this point.

4 minutes ago, Mr November said:

The second half was a non-event really, no clear chances for either side and you can see why both teams are at the bottom end of the table.

Our best chance of the game was in the second half, and the only clear one I can remember us creating from a corner. The Peterhead keeper made a superb stop from a Stanger header that I was convinced was goal bound.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Our best chance of the game was in the second half, and the only clear one I can remember us creating from a corner. The Peterhead keeper made a superb stop from a Stanger header that I was convinced was goal bound.

That’s true, I had completely forgotten about that. It was a brilliant save from Long. There must have only been a few minutes left after that so with both teams struggling to create much from open play, that surely would have won it.