Falkirk vs Cove Rangers - 09/04/2022

5 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

A trip to the Falkirk Stadium awaits for Cove who are grinding out results but nowhere near top form. It's 22 unbeaten in the League, however, since the loss at Easter Road we've conceded in 9 out of our last 11 and in each of our last 7. You could argue we're due a clean sheet or alternatively are likely to concede again. That's a stark contrast to prior to the Hibs match when we won 9 straight league games and had 8 clean sheets.

Hopefully we have Mitch available but he'll be a doubt after going off injured on Sunday. Harry should return and give us a welcome boost. No idea why Vigurs missed the Queen's Park match.

A win might well just see us within touch distance of the title, especially given the Diamonds have a tricky fixture away to Mighty Mo.

Falkirk need to turn in a performance sometime surely and with Morrison, and potentially Dowds, back it could be this week. Bairns know if they lose this one then it's guaranteed L1 for another season as QP will likely get the better of EF.

I've gone for a draw in predictions thread due to a few players coming back into the fray for Falkirk and Cove potentially without Mitch. I have no idea how bad his injury is and if he will play.  

😂😂😂😂😂 We have known it’s L1 next season for many weeks. The old “mathematically possible” stuff is still alive, but we know.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

3 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Not trying to be patronising.

Falkirk have players who have enough quality to be higher than 5th in L1 and should be contributing more than they are. Clearly confidence is at an all time low and mismanagement / lack of leadership is flowing onto the pitch.

A front two of Kabia and Dowds should be banging them in in L1. Morrison, Telfer, McCann, Nesbitt, Dixon are good enough, granted not world beaters and even McGuffie and Jacobs were playing at a higher level last season. Mutch is an alright keeper too. Is mid table in L1 Griffiths level, shouldn't be but is he fit.

MacKay, ATS, Miller and Hetherington have been lost causes and part of the downfall. Frailties at CB and DCM are hard to patch over but shouldn't be getting taken apart as easily. Should be competitive and staying in games.

We've not looked that great our last couple of outings, although against strong opposition in Airdire and QP. I think it's going to be closer than many think especially if we miss Mitch who we are still very reliant on. Something that needs to change if we move up.

“Not looking great” is plenty good enough. We have no leaders on the pitch, and it looks less and less likely that we have them in the dug out. We are a club completely lacking in identity at this point in time.

None of us are even sure that we have hit rock bottom yet. We can onlY hope so, but we certainly don’t know so.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

7 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

A trip to the Falkirk Stadium awaits for Cove who are grinding out results but nowhere near top form. It's 22 unbeaten in the League, however, since the loss at Easter Road we've conceded in 9 out of our last 11 and in each of our last 7. You could argue we're due a clean sheet or alternatively are likely to concede again. That's a stark contrast to prior to the Hibs match when we won 9 straight league games and had 8 clean sheets.

Hopefully we have Mitch available but he'll be a doubt after going off injured on Sunday. Harry should return and give us a welcome boost. No idea why Vigurs missed the Queen's Park match.

A win might well just see us within touch distance of the title, especially given the Diamonds have a tricky fixture away to Mighty Mo.

Falkirk need to turn in a performance sometime surely and with Morrison, and potentially Dowds, back it could be this week. Bairns know if they lose this one then it's guaranteed L1 for another season as QP will likely get the better of EF.

I've gone for a draw in predictions thread due to a few players coming back into the fray for Falkirk and Cove potentially without Mitch. I have no idea how bad his injury is and if he will play.  

The only reason he can be coming out with this twaddle is that we have had a half-decent standing in the Scottish game over the years and “Falkirk” carries a bit of clout.

5 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Not trying to be patronising.

Falkirk have players who have enough quality to be higher than 5th in L1 and should be contributing more than they are. Clearly confidence is at an all time low and mismanagement / lack of leadership is flowing onto the pitch.

A front two of Kabia and Dowds should be banging them in in L1. Morrison, Telfer, McCann, Nesbitt, Dixon are good enough, granted not world beaters and even McGuffie and Jacobs were playing at a higher level last season. Mutch is an alright keeper too. Is mid table in L1 Griffiths level, shouldn't be but is he fit.

MacKay, ATS, Miller and Hetherington have been lost causes and part of the downfall. Frailties at CB and DCM are hard to patch over but shouldn't be getting taken apart as easily. Should be competitive and staying in games.

We've not looked that great our last couple of outings, although against strong opposition in Airdire and QP. I think it's going to be closer than many think especially if we miss Mitch who we are still very reliant on. Something that needs to change if we move up.

You are clueless mate. Morrison and McCann have hardly played and will not revive our fortunes. Nesbitt has hardly kicked a ball for months. Dixon is past it and Telfer is okay but swamped by duds.

7 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Sorry again, but writing that “Falkirk need to turn in a performance sometime surely” is a box already ticked. They did it against Dumbarton in January, so no point in gilding the lily by doing it twice in the same season.

I will take on board that Cove are struggling, so probably not a four or five goal defeat. Be it one goal or two, as indicated further up the thread, it will be accompanied by a “Falkirk nil”.

Cove do appear to be limping over the line and looked more ropey against QP than they did even at our place the week before, but no Airdrie fan should be expecting a favour from Falkirk here. They just aren't good enough. Montrose were in poor form and still went there and skudded them silly. If you're on a bad run, a match against Falkirk is just what you're after. A weak side who fold if you get at them, lead by a manager who has no idea how to change a game once it is going against them. 

Sure, some of the Falkirk players ought to be doing better, but we're coming to the end of the season now. Nobody should be surprised any longer, it is clear what they are; A rank rotten side, beasted off Montrose and comfortably beaten by Peterhead. I'd be delighted, and incredibly grateful, if Cove dropped points here but I just cannae see it. It would be a major upset. Looks for all the world like an away banker. It would be folly for us to be looking to this with any hope of dropped points, even for a Cove Rangers who look like they are desperate for the season to finish. 

Yes it's football and you never know and 'expect the unexpected' and blah blah blah, but Cove ought to go into this as monumental favourites to win, and win well. 

PS Please nick something here Falkirk you bonkers b*****ds. 

Sadly, having had a quick scan at Mean Machine, Mighty Ducks, Karate Kid and Breaking Away, I can confirm that FFC do not have a single strand of “fallen on hard times, but with a charismatic leader who unleashes skills these heart of  gold competitors never knew they had, and against all the odds, they bond to achieve something truly remarkable” in their collective bodies.

I will except, Dowds, McCann and yes, Charlie Telfer.

Cove will beat us comfortably with or without Megginson. Fyvie and co will absolutely boss our piss poor midfield like every other team that can put in a shift in the middle of the park.  3 nil Cove. With Rennie to spout some absolute nonsense at full time that absolutely no c**t else bar himself believes. 

20 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Cove will beat us comfortably with or without Megginson. Fyvie and co will absolutely boss our piss poor midfield like every other team that can put in a shift in the middle of the park.  3 nil Cove. With Rennie to spout some absolute nonsense at full time that absolutely no c**t else bar himself believes. 

Tbf, he doesn’t believe it either. He will stick by the party line because any other option is unthinkable.

Guest Ecosse83

Not going today. Myself and 4 of my mates who wouldn’t normally miss any home games are instead going for a few pints and a curry! No point in putting ourselves through another 90 minutes of a Rennie team! 

Not going, Season ticket holder so it doesn’t  matter.
Put 20 notes on Cove to win by more than 1 goal at almost 3/1 - I think it’s buying money,  I wish I had the bottle to bet Heavy as I would have tried to buy next seasons, season ticket with todays very probable catastrofuck.