Falkirk vs Cove Rangers - 09/04/2022

A trip to the Falkirk Stadium awaits for Cove who are grinding out results but nowhere near top form. It's 22 unbeaten in the League, however, since the loss at Easter Road we've conceded in 9 out of our last 11 and in each of our last 7. You could argue we're due a clean sheet or alternatively are likely to concede again. That's a stark contrast to prior to the Hibs match when we won 9 straight league games and had 8 clean sheets.

Hopefully we have Mitch available but he'll be a doubt after going off injured on Sunday. Harry should return and give us a welcome boost. No idea why Vigurs missed the Queen's Park match.

A win might well just see us within touch distance of the title, especially given the Diamonds have a tricky fixture away to Mighty Mo.

Falkirk need to turn in a performance sometime surely and with Morrison, and potentially Dowds, back it could be this week. Bairns know if they lose this one then it's guaranteed L1 for another season as QP will likely get the better of EF.

I've gone for a draw in predictions thread due to a few players coming back into the fray for Falkirk and Cove potentially without Mitch. I have no idea how bad his injury is and if he will play.  

26 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

A trip to the Falkirk Stadium awaits for Cove who are grinding out results but nowhere near top form. It's 22 unbeaten in the League, however, since the loss at Easter Road we've conceded in 9 out of our last 11 and in each of our last 7. You could argue we're due a clean sheet or alternatively are likely to concede again. That's a stark contrast to prior to the Hibs match when we won 9 straight league games and had 8 clean sheets.

Hopefully we have Mitch available but he'll be a doubt after going off injured on Sunday. Harry should return and give us a welcome boost. No idea why Vigurs missed the Queen's Park match.

A win might well just see us within touch distance of the title, especially given the Diamonds have a tricky fixture away to Mighty Mo.

Falkirk need to turn in a performance sometime surely and with Morrison, and potentially Dowds, back it could be this week. Bairns know if they lose this one then it's guaranteed L1 for another season as QP will likely get the better of EF.

I've gone for a draw in predictions thread due to a few players coming back into the fray for Falkirk and Cove potentially without Mitch. I have no idea how bad his injury is and if he will play.  

I doff my cap to you for your desire to be fair and not rip the piss out of us too much, but it's a fine line between that and patronising.

We are disgustingly bad. Away win by 3 AGAIN.

57 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

We like the pain of losing last-minute goals too much. It's still entirely feasible QP and Falkirk will be battling it out on the last game of the season.

1 minute ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

We like the pain of losing last-minute goals too much. It's still entirely feasible QP and Falkirk will be battling it out on the last game of the season.

I'd be shocked if Queen's didn't get the win on Saturday. I know East Fife severely need the points but they are struggling in front of goal massively. Something like 9 out of their last 11 without scoring.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I doff my cap to you for your desire to be fair and not rip the piss out of us too much, but it's a fine line between that and patronising.

What about the 2nd half?

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Not trying to be patronising.

Falkirk have players who have enough quality to be higher than 5th in L1 and should be contributing more than they are. Clearly confidence is at an all time low and mismanagement / lack of leadership is flowing onto the pitch.

A front two of Kabia and Dowds should be banging them in in L1. Morrison, Telfer, McCann, Nesbitt, Dixon are good enough, granted not world beaters and even McGuffie and Jacobs were playing at a higher level last season. Mutch is an alright keeper too. Is mid table in L1 Griffiths level, shouldn't be but is he fit.

MacKay, ATS, Miller and Hetherington have been lost causes and part of the downfall. Frailties at CB and DCM are hard to patch over but shouldn't be getting taken apart as easily. Should be competitive and staying in games.

We've not looked that great our last couple of outings, although against strong opposition in Airdire and QP. I think it's going to be closer than many think especially if we miss Mitch who we are still very reliant on. Something that needs to change if we move up.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Imagine, if 10 years ago you'd have said in April 2022 Falkirk will go into a third tier game with Cove Rangers 27 points behind them in the table. Some laugh.

50 minutes ago, Lex said:

Imagine, if 10 years ago you'd have said in April 2022 Falkirk will go into a third tier game with Cove Rangers 27 points behind them in the table. Some laugh.

By 5 pm it will be 30.

We will be lucky to net another point all season.

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

You are either very polite or know absolutely nothing about football!

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

You are either very polite or know absolutely nothing about football!

We weren't that great on Sunday and possibly without Mitch along with conceding a few goals of late I think a draw might be on the cards. My predictions are worthless though.

In my opinion we're not in the same form than when we last went to TFS.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

55 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

We weren't that great on Sunday and possibly without Mitch along with conceding a few goals of late I think a draw might be on the cards. My predictions are worthless though.

In my opinion we're not in the same form than when we last when to TFS.

Ahh, the heady days when we were merely shite. 

2 hours ago, Lex said:

Amusingly if the pyramid had been in place ten years ago then Cove and Kelty would have probably easily put another upstart league newcomer hoping to buy their way to success to the sword, thus delaying their own ascension.