Lowland league

1 hour ago, Oscar Wilder said:

When did Hurlford start bringing a brilliant support?
Kilbirnie Ladeside have a better away support than them and Medda imo! emoji848.png

Kilbirnie have a big away support but will likely be in tier 7 next season. I was pleasantly surprised with how many Hurlford fans were at Newlandsfield two weeks ago. Smashing turnout. 

as the who sang

MEET THE NEW BOSS SAME AS THE OLD BOSS

WE DON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN

lok are putting in floodlights now to get a licence to play in the big scottish cup

but i hope we never go up to the land of milk & honey  lowlife league

On 05/04/2022 at 15:29, craigkillie said:

What I would say is that the best thing the WoS (and EoS) clubs can do is get promoted and send these joke clubs back down the divisions where they belong. It's no surprise that the clubs voting against this are the ones who weren't Lowland League founder members but rather came up from the East of Scotland league or down from the SPFL.

Over the next couple of years the likes of your Broomhill, Caledonian Braves and Stirling Uni will start to be flushed out, and then hopefully there will be the numbers to increase promotion/relegation and hopefully also to punt the colt teams into oblivion.

Yeah 100% agree, The clubs in the current Lowland league see self preservation.
Right now if you pitted the bottom half of the Lowland League teams wits against lets say the top 5 in the West Premier and the top 5 in the East Premier it would be a no brainer who would triumph
The LL clubs have voted the old firms teams in to gain some money from the initial joining fee and then gate receipts.  Most clubs in their position would vote the same.

The clubs voted them in and allowed it to happen again but its not affecting the current promotion/ relegation issues.   Personally I want to see two teams relegated from the Lowland league straight down and the 3rd placed team have to have a relegation play off against ? . So the top team in the East and the Top in the West are promoted and the best 2nd placed team in the East and West playoff to play against the 3rd bottom of the Lowland.  And yes, the South of Scotland League should be a tier down.

Will it happen, don't know, might, but not for a long time.
Will the lowland league change with teams dropping out, Yeha in 5 to 10 years time the lowland league will be completely differeny but longer in the future than we hopped but it will still happen and the league will look very very different. The way the pyramid system is running at this juncture between the Scottish Division 2 and the Lowland and Highland league and then tier 6s. is just very slow.

The standard in the Highland league and lowland league needs to change to give teams, more power below in getting a clear EQUAL chance to go up but not by a single team each year.

It's common sense to know why the Lowland teams voted them in, extra money
It's common sense why there there isn't 2 start relegation from the lowland league
Its clear why there is only one relegation spot and its not a straight forward drop from the Scottish Division 2.  Every club who is voting is not voting what is best for Scottish Football, they are voting what's best for their club.

The comforting fact is The Scottish Pyramid System is very much alive now and if any club put the resources in then they can move up divisions each year, if they do not, they can stay were they are.
the old firm issue is just bring money into the LL league and teams coffers 

I'm not happy the colts teams are in but its happening and is not affecting the relegation promotion as i said but i hear that during the vote there was something about guest teams being allowed in.  Not sure what that means and if its true but if it is, then that is the thing that is concerning me

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread
spelling

Surely even relegating the three bottom clubs and promoting the three regional champions will allow the current Lowland League Clubs a chance of survival, except the really poor ones, and guaranteeing promotion for the tier 6 champions. 

I also think the two bottom placed clubs in League 2 should be relegated and replaced with the Highland and Lowland League winners. 

3 minutes ago, South_Pride said:

Surely even relegating the three bottom clubs and promoting the three regional champions will allow the current Lowland League Clubs a chance of survival, except the really poor ones, and guaranteeing promotion for the tier 6 champions. 

I also think the two bottom placed clubs in League 2 should be relegated and replaced with the Highland and Lowland League winners. 

From my point of view of the 16: Bonnyrigg, Bo'ness, Dalbeattie, and Gretna 2008 on paper probably wouldn't mind as they would be able to get out of the EoSFL and SoSFL. Of course from the Gretna & Dalbeattie side of things they'd be doomed to a life as a yo-yo club entering the weakest of the 3x T6 leagues.

It's some of the others that have never had to compete in the old East Region and West Region that might panic over where they end up in the grand scheme of things.

18 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

So why is there so much uproar of the colts being in the Lowland League or was there more to the vote than just the colts issue?

Because many see it as a stepping stone that the colts will try to get into division 2 and taking spots away from Lowland and Highland league promotion spots and also its opening the door for Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell etc.. doing the same as the colts have done 

5 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

So why is there so much uproar of the colts being in the Lowland League or was there more to the vote than just the colts issue?

Their games count towards the standings which means they effect promotion/relegation/SPFL Cup qualfication. For example, Rangers 'B' just played Bonnyrigg and had 8-9 first choice players away on international duty. Imagine there had been a title race this season.

For years the Lowland League had been told and said they could only be a league of 16. Now they have carte blanche to expand to 18 whenever they like for two guest clubs. Why not use that to bring in two proper clubs that can be a full member of the league.

Celtic and Rangers are not the only two clubs trying to deal with progressing youth players to the first team. They are now sitting outside of any attempts to come up with a national solution (like a reserve league) simply because they have money to buy their way into the pyramid.

They're in the pyramid even if they can't progress anywhere else. Now they can work on making it permanent.

9 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

The LL voted to keep relegation/promotion to one team only.

The idea that B teams don't affect LL promotion upwards is nonsense.

A team could lose 12 points to them over a season.

Those 12 points from ghost B teams could cost a team the league.

18 hours ago, Glenconner said:

We are all agreeing with that

The poster was asking about the process so it still would have been the same up and down.

What is meant by affecting the promotion/relegation is that the promotion relation and the bottom is still the same.
Just the clubs voted for it.  Doesn't matter anyways if one teams gets pumped all games by the old firm and one teams win all the games against the old firm, its still a league and everyone has an equal chance of being promoted except the Old firm

Personally I would want the SFA to say Feck it, no voting its going to be a straight forward two down and two up with 3rd best and 3 worst in a play off in all divisions, except obviously the top of the highland and lowland leagues and the top of the West and East premier, again SOS in tier 7

6 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

We are all agreeing with that

What is meant by affecting the promotion/relegation is that the promotion relation and the bottom is still the same.
Just the clubs voted for it

Personally I would want the SFA to say Feck it, no voting its going to be a straight forward two down and two up with 3rd best and 3 worst in a play off in all divisions, except obviously the top of the highland and lowland leagues and the top of the West and East premier, again SOS in tier 7

Obviously a majority of LL ain't agreeing with it.

I notice the two East Coasters who bumped their gums promoting the pyramid on the old Junior forum have went very quiet.

No mention of Colt teams and most of the LL clubs being self serving Quislings.

51 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Cheers for the info as I’ve not really read into it all, the biggest problem Imo is only the 1 place for promotion/relegation and that should count from the bottom end of SLFL2 road to the Lowland and the lowland to tier 6, it should be at least 2 automatic spots and the colts should not be allowed any kind of promotion.

21 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

Cheers for the info as I’ve not really read into it all, the biggest problem Imo is only the 1 place for promotion/relegation and that should count from the bottom end of SLFL2 road to the Lowland and the lowland to tier 6, it should be at least 2 automatic spots and the colts should not be allowed any kind of promotion.

Nothing new in the idea of B teams in the lower leagues.

I remember it getting mentioned 50+ years ago in the days of the old Reserve League.

If a better idea comes along the B teams will go elsewhere.

Earlier in the year there were quotes from Hearts about preferring a return of the Reserve League, but they'd consider entering a side into the pyramid if there wasn't an alternative.

To the surprise of no one, entering the pyramid means looking at the Lowland League.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/20046547.hearts-considering-joining-celtic-rangers-applying-field-colts-team-lowland-league/