Lowland league

29 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Id go back to my position that i’ve held since this pyramid chat started, it shouldnt have been every club which moved, Talbot and all the others who had to be dragged kicking and screaming should have stayed junior....

Wouldn't have been a pyramid if all the clubs weren't on board. Do we know for sure that Darvel aren't simply better able to handle the heavy schedule of games right now that the 38 game season led to by spending silly money on players and not being in the latter stages of the SJC and SCC?

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. My perspective on this is that the pyramid concept inherently implies having all clubs in a single integrated league structure with greater regionalisation as you go down through the tiers. Still having separate grades running in parallel with a huge overlap in playing standards would basically have been more of the same.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

The SJFA chief was on a podcast recently saying how about 20 clubs had contacted him asking to start the west region again, because they don't have the ambition to go for a licence(!). But he said the right way to go is through the WOS and told them so, which is very sensible.

He also said the conferences were unfair, with those outside the Premier Division fighting for just one promotion place in each conference. Though of course if it had been four conferences, it would have produced even more one sided results. And for the likes of Gartcairn to be promoted they would need to have finished top 4 in their Conference whilst being up against the likes of Pollok, Glenafton, Rossvale, Largs...

28 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. My perspective on this is that the pyramid concept inherently implies having all clubs in a single integrated league structure with greater regionalisation as you go down through the tiers. Still having separate grades running in parallel with a huge overlap in playing standards would basically have been more of the same.

You can disagree all you want, it doesn't change what I know would have happened.

17 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

The SJFA chief was on a podcast recently saying how about 20 clubs had contacted him asking to start the west region again, because they don't have the ambition to go for a licence(!). But he said the right way to go is through the WOS and told them so, which is very sensible.

Clubs don't have to go for their licence to play at any level in the WoSFL, so that was a sensible response from Alex.

I've already explained my perspective on why all the clubs needed to be involved for it to be a pyramid rather than a case of still having separate grades in the post above. 12 clubs could have left the junior grade and joined the senior grade in the manner you described. To genuinely move to the pyramid concept it took all 64 (or whatever) doing so and having only one integrated league setup rather than two.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

2 hours ago, Meadowman said:

I’m not complaining,my team are safe 🤞, I feel sorry for the other teams who are getting relegated,I can guarantee you that there’s not a league in the world who lose over a third of teams to relegation,if you cast your mind back to the season 2019/20 when the season wasn’t completed,and Darvel was going to take the League to court if they weren’t promoted (allegedly)

The old Juniors West region had a a structure which it voted for and was put in place. That has altered as years have gone by too. The new WoS structure was voted upon and it is being put in place but it was agreed that it would not be fixed all in one season.

Whichever way it is looked at decisions were made as a group of clubs and they will be sorted out.  The WoS changes seem more like an agreed restructuring with larger numbers of clubs moved than usual but, thankfully, this is coming to an end. Clubs will be more settled and better able to plan ahead soon.

Additional clubs will have some affect on the future shape at the bottom end of the WoS but this is change for reasons of wishing to be open to new blood, which surely cannot be a bad thing.

Anyway, hopefully all divisions will be better balanced and more enjoyable for clubs and supporters.

Id go back to my position that i’ve held since this pyramid chat started, it shouldnt have been every club which moved, Talbot and all the others who had to be dragged kicking and screaming should have stayed junior. Agree they dont appear to want promotion, dont understand why they didnt just stay in a 2/3 league junior set up and let the others go on, fully believe if it was just 1/2 leagues in the wosl then the increased promotion thing would have happened as the clubs in it would accept dropping one level of the pyramid probably. 
But all that said it doesnt really matter, you can’t halt progress and the product we have is better on and off the park, disabled access improving everywhere which means a lot to me, the facilities and quality of play is better too imo. It will all be very positive in the long run. 
Your hatred for Talbot beggars belief.

3 hours ago, Meadowman said:

I feel sorry for the other teams who are getting relegated,I can guarantee you that there’s not a league in the world who lose over a third of teams to relegation.

At the end of the 1993-94 season five clubs were relegated from the 12 team SFL First Division and eight from the 14 team Second Division.

I've already explained my perspective on why all the clubs needed to be involved for it to be a pyramid rather than a case of still having separate grades in the post above. 12 clubs could have left the junior grade and joined the senior grade in the manner you described. To genuinely move to the pyramid concept it took all 64 (or whatever) doing so and having only one integrated league setup rather than two.

The junior leagues wouldn't have been an "integrated" league setup though. So there wouldn't have been two.

17 minutes ago, catakoom said:
1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:
Id go back to my position that i’ve held since this pyramid chat started, it shouldnt have been every club which moved, Talbot and all the others who had to be dragged kicking and screaming should have stayed junior. Agree they dont appear to want promotion, dont understand why they didnt just stay in a 2/3 league junior set up and let the others go on, fully believe if it was just 1/2 leagues in the wosl then the increased promotion thing would have happened as the clubs in it would accept dropping one level of the pyramid probably. 
But all that said it doesnt really matter, you can’t halt progress and the product we have is better on and off the park, disabled access improving everywhere which means a lot to me, the facilities and quality of play is better too imo. It will all be very positive in the long run. 

Your hatred for Talbot beggars belief.

Ok

I was personally happy enough in the juniors. But we’ve made the move so I want to see Pollok win the league and challenge the pyramid. 

I don’t think there is any going back. If a team doesn’t want to obtain the license there is very little difference between tier 8 or 7 in the WoSfl and a rejuvenated junior set up.

The Junior Cup is on its deathbed. Great memories of the junior days but it’s time to embrace the new set up, at whatever level is right for each club. 

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

No not true!! The eos and sos where single leagues playing at tier 6.funny thing i remember the sjfa pushing the west Premier league forward and they would take any clubs wishing to stay junior.then adopting the old stance if you take one club you take them all,stating thats the mandate the clubs gave them

3 hours ago, Ginaro said:

He also said the conferences were unfair, with those outside the Premier Division fighting for just one promotion place in each conference. Though of course if it had been four conferences, it would have produced even more one sided results. And for the likes of Gartcairn to be promoted they would need to have finished top 4 in their Conference whilst being up against the likes of Pollok, Glenafton, Rossvale, Largs...

What does it take for these people to understand this is just the beginning of the Pyramid, and it's not just about next season.  Come back in 10 years time and pass judgement on it, not after a handful of Covid disrupted seasons.

The EoS Premier faced relegating 4-6 clubs this season, it'll probably be 5, that's a hefty number out of 18 clubs but everyone understood it was a one-off, had to be done, and are getting on with it. We also finally kiss goodbye to Conferences.

The way the LL is being run isn't going to last forever either. It's shite what they're doing just now, but in 10 years time the league will be unrecognisable to what it is now, hopefully without any B teams to be seen.

The whole system was an artificial construct that gave teams the opportunity to play teams above their level. The quality between the top and bottom of the leagues has been stark and teams have now found their level. I don’t think there is anybody in the bottom league that we didn’t think wouldn’t be there. 

35 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I'm not sure many were predicting some of these names that will make up the new Third Division.

image.png.723c2ee7295c8c618c70a39bc12d1730.png

Thanks for that info. I don’t know if I stand corrected or not. What do you think ?