Lowland league

On 17/04/2022 at 08:38, FairWeatherFan said:

I see some people are only just learning the Lowland League tried a proper stitch up over the promotion/relegation issue.

First rate deflection from the Lowland League 😂

Edited by EdinburghBlue

On 17/04/2022 at 08:38, FairWeatherFan said:

I see some people are only just learning the Lowland League tried a proper stitch up over the promotion/relegation issue.

I wonder if Kennedy would be making as much of an issue of this if Darvel were clear at the top of the league and looked like winning it. The vote stinks as does having Colt teams and potentially other guest teams but there is no way of over turning it and making comments on social media isn’t going to achieve change. They’d be better offering free chicken and pies!!

Edited by Rugbyroader

We were simply sold the dream of pastures new of joining the senior setup from the juniors and simply we all feel for it, It was inevitable the lowland league or the sfa was going to do something like this 

Edited by megaspinnernet2

9 minutes ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

We were simply sold the dream of pastures new of joining the senior setup from the juniors and simply we all feel for it, It was inevitable the lowland league or the sfa was going to do something like this 

It's an absolute grift. I'm noticing the more unquestioning proponents of the pyramid are notorious by their lack of comment on the matter. 

Whoring your own league for a fairly measly fee, not to mention having one of the least risky relegation set ups imaginable is the meritocracy they wanted all along presumably. 

A gang of self interested boys clubs on steroids. 

18 minutes ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

Nothing really changes for the WoSFL unless the EoS/SoS win the playoff. Even if the Lowland increased promotion no one really talked of giving a league more than one promotion opportunity. It's any promoted WoS Premier champion that are going to have to deal with this nonsense from the LL.

11 minutes ago, Shanner said:

It's an absolute grift. I'm noticing the more unquestioning proponents of the pyramid are notorious by their lack of comment on the matter. 

Whoring your own league for a fairly measly fee, not to mention having one of the least risky relegation set ups imaginable is the meritocracy they wanted all along presumably. 

Im certainly not quiet on it, its a disgrace and the sfa should be stepping in. Regardless of what happens to the LL the WOSL has become a vastly improved product. 

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Its utterly disgraceful what the Lowland league are doing.  shameful.

However, its not the "pyramid" that's the problem, just one or two sections of it.

It'll work its way through in the next decade as one by one the big teams replace the smaller ones.

However bad the growing pains are at the moment, its still many many times better that the dead in the water old junior system with its glass ceilings and closed shop, blazers for the boys mentality.

I'll try to be as objective as I can and not ruffle any feathers but then again, i don't give two fecks if i do by speaking the truth

The shite some people talk on here honestly.
Saying they always knew the pyramid was going to do this, the Lowland League or the SFA was going to shaft them - what a load of crock

First of all the juniors are finished, always were heading that way, run by old guys and people who were on power trips and thinking they were important while that level were dwindling and by the way it had feck all to do with Lowland or SFA interference.      Even now there's  a couple of chairmen and committee wanting to return to the juniors, honestly just idiots - Guys like these and guys in the past are idiots who ran the asylum, no wonder Junior football is finished,  Having spent most of my life watching and playing in the juniors it was brill but was dwindling and the memory should never be forgotten but lets make it clear, in the next couple of generations, the young lads coming through will say, "what is this shite we hear about junior football".  Just move on and embrace the new challenges

The Scottish Pyramid System is very much alive, truly alive because ANY TEAM from the West or East or even the South can move up the leagues by winning every game after game and be in the Scottish Second Division and higher - FACT .  What we were all hoping for the change were most of the LL being relegated due to not being good enough and this will happen but will take a few more years than we all expected due to the looking after themselves brigade. Me personally, I think there should be automatic two relegations from the Lowland league and the 3rd bottom team in a play off. The winners of both the WOS Premier and the EOS premier are automatically promoted and either the 2 and placed teams of the EOS or WOS play against the 3rd bottom in the SPFL2.  and yeah the SOS should be moved to tier 7.  To speed it up the SFA should have balls and take away the self serving clubs of the LL voting on this matter and make them have those automatics relegation spots.  It is making Scottish Football a laughing stock

The shitty teams in the Lowland league, at least half know they aint as good as most of the WOS Premier and the EOS Premier but they are trying to look after themselves and make as much cash as they can before they are moved out by slowing relegation and allowing the old firm in.  Lets call a spade a spade, if it were WOS premier league teams together in the LL then they would do the  same or EOS teams in the LL they would look after themselves or even to go as far as say the Ayrshire teams of the West or central teams of the West would look after themselves.  In the WOS its either gonna be Auchinleck or Darvel and in the EOS its either Penicuik, Tranent or Linlithgow Rose. If one of these teams makes it to the LL will they vote to change the shitty self serving clubs views and each year when more clubs come up to the LL will they vote to change the rules until there is enough.
If right now its only 1 team gets promoted in the LL then after 5 years that's 5 teams after 10 years its 10 teams and so on, eventually the league will change with many different teams but will those new teams vote to have there relegation places added to unleash the bottleneck that is happening at this moment.

I'll tell you something, for the first few years of the promoted teams to the LL will be hard, due to fact with teams spread across the central belt so the crowds will even be lower, only once more teams get promoted each year will it rise.

There are teams who no doubt want to go higher, Darvel, Clydebank and Kilwinning but do the rest, Do Auchinleck and Pollok for example, do they want to try and head up the leagues or do they just want to get their SFA license to play in the Scottish cup and stay where they are. What happens if Auchinleck win the league, can they say NO we don't want promoted ?  I'm sure these questions have all been asked in the committee rooms of each team and more.
You only have to look at the 'South Challenge Cup'. Bonnyrigg Rose against either Auchinleck Talbot or Sauchie, how that's mouth watering, better then any recent Scottish Junior cup final

We have to face facts, the Pyramid system is working very well considering what there was 5 or even 10 years ago, now everyone is involved but is a slower process than expected or we all had hoped due to the Scottish second divisions relegation issues and the Lowland League issues, adding the Old firm teams and the 1 relegation, possible 2 it leaves a tainted stain in our mouth's but it will change, has to change and the sooner the better for the honestly and integrity of Scottish Football.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

5 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I'll try to be as objective as I can and not ruffle any feathers but then again, i don't give two fecks if i do by speaking the truth

The shite some people talk on here honestly.
Saying they always knew the pyramid was going to do this, the Lowland League or the SFA was going to shaft them - what a load of crock

First of all the juniors are finished, always were heading that way, run by old guys and people who were on power trips and thinking they were important while that level were dwindling and by the way it had feck all to do with Lowland or SFA interference.      Even now there's  a couple of chairmen and committee wanting to return to the juniors, honestly just idiots - Guys like these and guys in the past are idiots who ran the asylum, no wonder Junior football is finished,  Having spent most of my life watching and playing in the juniors it was brill but was dwindling and the memory should never be forgotten but lets make it clear, in the next couple of generations, the young lads coming through will say, "what is this shite we hear about junior football".  Just move on and embrace the new challenges

The Scottish pyramid system is very much alive, truly alive because ANY TEAM from the West or East or even the South can move up the leagues by winning every game after game and be in the Scottish Second Division and higher - FACT .  What we were all hoping for the change were most of the LL being relegated due to not being good enough and this will happen but will take a few more years than we all expected due to the looking after themselves brigade. Me personally, I think there should be automatic two relegations from the Lowland league and the 3rd bottom team in a play off. The winners of both the WOS Premier and the EOS premier are automatically promoted and either the 2 and placed teams of the EOS or WOS play against the 3rd bottom in the SPFL2.  and yeah the SOS should be moved to tier 7.  To speed it up the SFA should have balls and take away the self serving clubs of the LL voting on this matter and make them have those automatics relegation spots.  It is making Scottish Football a laughing stock

The shitty teams in the Lowland league, at least half know they aint as good as most of the WOS Premier and the EOS Premier but they are trying to look after themselves and make as much cash as they can before they are moved out by slowing relegation and allowing the old firm in.  Lets call a spade a spade, if it were WOS premier league teams together in the LL then they would do the  same or EOS teams in the LL they would look after themselves or even to go as far as say the Ayrshire teams of the West or central teams of the West would look after themselves.  In the WOS its either gonna be Auchinleck or Darvel and in the EOS its either Penicuik, Tranent or Linlithgow Rose. If one of these teams makes it to the LL will they vote to change the shitty self serving clubs views and each year when more clubs come up to the LL will they vote to change the rules until there is enough.
If right now its only 1 team gets promoted in the LL then after 5 years that's 5 teams after 10 years its 10 teams and so on, eventually the league will change with many different teams but will those new teams vote to have there relegation places added to unleash the bottleneck that is happening at this moment.

I'll tell you something, for the first few years of the promoted teams to the LL will be hard, due to fact with teams spread across the central belt so the crowds will even be lower, only once more teams get promoted each year will it rise.

There are teams who no doubt want to go higher, Darvel, Clydebank and Kilwinning but do the rest, Do Auchinleck and Pollok for example, do they want to try and head up the leagues or do they just want to get their SFA license to play in the Scottish cup and stay where they are. What happens if Auchinleck win the league, can they say NO we don't want promoted ?  I'm sure these questions have all been asked in the committee rooms of each team and more.
You only have to look at the 'South Challenge Cup'. Bonnyrigg Rose against either Auchinleck Talbot or Sauchie, how that's mouth watering, better then any recent Scottish Junior cup final

We have to face facts, the Pyramid system is working very well but is a slower process than expected or we all had hoped due to the Scottish second divisions relegation issues and the Lowland League issues, adding the Old firm teams and the 1 relegation, possible 2 it leaves a tainted stain in our mouth's but it will change, has to change and the sooner the better for the honestly and integrity of Scottish Football.

I think the 1 promotion to the Lowland League is the problem,there are a lot of teams wanting to move on (mine included)but only 1 team can per season,I like your idea of 2 being promoted and the 3rd involved in a play-off,but I can’t see the Lowland League agreeing to it,it’s like a turkey voting for Christmas 

What happens if Auchinleck win the league, can they say NO we don't want promoted ?

All Scottish FA licensed member clubs sign a declaration saying they are committed to the pyramid system, so the WoSFL champions are committed to playing in the Lower Pyramid Play-Off and, if they win it, they are committed to promotion. They can't just say "thanks for the trophy, but we'll just stay where we are".

What also has to be considered is that several other WoSFL clubs' league status for next season hangs on whether the WoSFL champions win the play-off or not. If they do, then only 6 teams would be relegated from the Premier Division, and consequently one extra team would also move into the First Division and Second Division from this season's Conference places.

A few teams will be relying on the integrity of the WoSFL champions' performance in the play-offs.

3 hours ago, Meadowman said:

I think the 1 promotion to the Lowland League is the problem, there are a lot of teams wanting to move on (mine included)but only 1 team can per season, I like your idea of 2 being promoted and the 3rd involved in a play-off, but I can’t see the Lowland League agreeing to it, it’s like a turkey voting for Christmas 

That's one of my main points about the post. Yes they are not voting for it and no wonder as they are looking after themselves and it would be the same if the WOS or EOS premiers teams were in the same position.

Yes the pyramid is working but not at full capacity yet.  The lowland league use only one excuse, They cant open up relegation until the Scottish second division opens up relegation. This is wrong, that's why the SAF have to step in and say it will be 2 relegation and 3rd bottom in playoff, right across the board of Scottish Football until tier 6 relegation where it could be 3 down and 4th lowest has play off, The SPFL Premier is a different problem.

When the second division vote to only have  a play off as relegation, it has a big effect on the leagues below so why should 10 clubs vote on something that is going to effect 241 teams below them, that's in essence is what's happening.
When the 18 Lowland League clubs vote on relegation it effects 146 teams in leagues below them, so why should they be allowed to vote on other clubs futures and destiny.  The SFA need to take the responsibility off these Leagues/Clubs and get it right.  The SFA was always looking after the old school but now teams, established old teams like East Stirlingshire, Berwick Rangers and Brechin City to name but a few have been relegated and now find it hard to get back up due to the standard below them and the SFA must realize this and act with everyone on an even keel, 2 up 2 down and 3rd bottom plays 3rd top to see who ends up in the higher division fairly.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread
More Detail

4 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

If Talbot or Darvel fail to get into the LL this season it would be a complete disaster for the WoSFL.

I'm not quite sure how you work that out, yes it would mean the 7th bottom team in the Premier Division was relegated and two teams in the Conferences wouldn't get into the higher Division, but how else would it be a disaster for the WoSFL ?

2 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

If Talbot or Darvel fail to get into the LL this season it would be a complete disaster for the WoSFL.

Not really, the WOS will still function and those teams will still function.  It will be disappointing for the Darvel and Auchinleck themselves but I believe they and many other WOS teams will eventually move up.
We all will have teams from the WOS playing in the second division eventually even higher but you have to remember, This is the WOS, the EOS is very strong and they are in the exact same boat as the WOS so the playoffs will be exciting, that's for sure

17 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I'm not quite sure how you work that out, yes it would mean the 7th bottom team in the Premier Division was relegated and two teams in the Conferences wouldn't get into the higher Division, but how else would it be a disaster for the WoSFL ?

Because the whole point of the pyramid is to change the dynamics, in our case, of the Wosfl.

Take the top say 6 clubs out the Wosfl and the clubs below get a chance to replace them at the top.

An example would be Rutherglen Glencairn.

Imagine the Glencairn being a top 6 side in the Wosfl league, pushing for promotion and getting a run in the big Scottish.

To me that's what the pyramid is all about.

A team like Rutherglen Glencairn and maybe 30 others thinking hey this is what it's all about.

Edited by Glenconner

Problem with the one promotion slot into the Lowland League is that the West or East Tier 6 champions are highly likely to win the Lowland league the year after (assuming Bonnyrigg win the SFL play off this year). Bonnyrigg I’d assume as an ex-junior club voted against the colts teams. So you’ll have the vote numbers for the ugly sisters and Hearts stay the same most years. 

Problem with the one promotion slot into the Lowland League is that the West or East Tier 6 champions are highly likely to win the Lowland league the year after (assuming Bonnyrigg win the SFL play off this year). Bonnyrigg I’d assume as an ex-junior club voted against the colts teams. So you’ll have the vote numbers for the ugly sisters and Hearts stay the same most years. 
Bo'ness, Bonnyrigg & East Stirling voted against 'guest clubs' with the 4th club believed to be Civil Service Strollers. Berwick abstained.

In regards to the vote for increasing promotion/relegation spots Berwick & I believe Caley Braves are the only clubs known thus far publically to have voted for an increase.

21 minutes ago, South_Pride said:

You're forgetting Club 42 in the equation you would hope any club being relegated from the SPFL while they still have their parachute payments will follow the voting pattern of a proper club that would vote for more relegation and no to the colts.