Livingston vs Motherwell - 9th April

1 hour ago, Al B said:

I take a lot of your points, but I think you've been guilty of "bookending" us a bit, in that you've seen us earlier in the season and seen us later in the season....and assumed that because they were similar then it's been like that all the way through.

I've definitely got it wrong due to doing that, aye, the "bookending" thing. Ultimately, I've only watched Motherwell properly twice this season as Sportscene highlights isn't enough to go on.

1 hour ago, Al B said:

Also, as much as you're right about one of the main issues being player selection changes, you're quite far off the reasons. One of the main frustrations amongst the fans is that a player doesn't have to be out of form or have a bad game to be dropped. It's been a season of team selection by tomobola, and formation/tactic selection by dartboard. The closest he's had to any sort of structure is that he seems to set up in a similar way against the same team, so for example if we tried to set up in a particular way against Livi once, chances are it would match the way we set up against them next time (regardless of whether or not it worked the first time...another frustration).

I experienced that frustration a bit with Gary Holt at Livi. There was obvious method most of the time but occasionally it was clearly just darts at a wall, particularly when he was into a rut with results. He also did the randomly dropping players thing. Maybe managers who do that select based on training performance or something us fans aren't privy to.

1 hour ago, Al B said:

Also in regards to Tony Watt, he was dropping deep much more last season and Alexander had a major word with him prior to this season starting, telling him to stop doing that as he wanted him in the box on the end of things rather than deep trying to create them. It definitely worked as shown by his goal tally in the first half of the season, but by all intents and purposes it seems he's reverted to type at United and is playing deep again as opposed to being on the end of things as he was from Aug - Jan.

Ah, that's interesting because in the Livi 1 - 2 Motherwell match earlier this season Watt wrecked havoc and that was playing as what I considered a false 9. Livi didn't know what to do when we was dropping off and he was playing in Woolery and Amaluzor but then he scored himself also. So maybe Watt's natural instinct to drop deeper combined perfectly there with Alexander pushing him to get into finishing positions too. Anyway, van Veen is a class replacement. Telling that he didn't have his greatest game on Saturday plus Livi had a specific focus on defending against him yet he still came so close to scoring.

Edited by FreedomFarter

This is Rikki Lamie being booked while Livi line up to restart the game after the equalising goal.  I suspect that even though he was the first Motherwell player back in his own half he got booked because his team mates were engulfed by the fans.

That is your strict liability right there.

7004618C-2070-4500-8FDA-4A19385DCAB9.png

16 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I wasn't even aware he was booked.

Looking at that picture, that was a cracking support we had through. Was there ever any mention of how many we had? I know Livi had a bigger than normal support but I couldn't see the other end of the stand we were in to see how busy it was.

Where the picture ends is where the Motherwell support ends actually, our free school tickets were at the other side of that picture and around the corner on that side.

7 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I know where they were, just couldn't see them. Was it a good turn out? Could the ticket hand out be viewed as a success?

It was a reasonable turnout for the hand out but not as much attended as done in the previous give aways......

Fair play to both sets of fans for a terrific atmosphere in what was a rollercoaster of a game......

Gutted to lose that equaliser so late on,but as has been said we lost our way in other games earlier in the season.....

Best of luck to the Well in the top 6 and for us a win or 2 to secure Premiership football again next season. 

4 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

It was a reasonable turnout for the hand out but not as much attended as done in the previous give aways......

Fair play to both sets of fans for a terrific atmosphere in what was a rollercoaster of a game......

Gutted to lose that equaliser so late on,but as has been said we lost our way in other games earlier in the season.....

Best of luck to the Well in the top 6 and for us a win or 2 to secure Premiership football again next season. 

Maybe some of them were away somewhere with the schools being on holiday?

14 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I wasn't even aware he was booked.

Looking at that picture, that was a cracking support we had through. Was there ever any mention of how many we had? I know Livi had a bigger than normal support but I couldn't see the other end of the stand we were in to see how busy it was.

From Burrows twitter, we sold over 1,000 away tickets the day before the match. Could easily be a bit more than that.