Livingston vs Motherwell - 9th April

9 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

I don't see much wrong with the celebrations. Other than potentially delaying there game and giving the opposition more time to score following the kick off.

It was orchestrated to allow us time to substitute two defenders on to the park.

I would like to thank the Livi keeper for lying down after our first goal to create the injury time that allowed us to score our second.  I think he gets as much credit as any ‘Well player on the park.

1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

I don't see much wrong with the celebrations. Other than potentially delaying there game and giving the opposition more time to score following the kick off.

As someone who had to watch it happening on an airport wi-fi, can I just say that looks like *fucking great fun* - and the situation feels like it was tailor made for a minor pitch invasion. 

Hope none of the bois are reporting joint pain due to the artificial surface - wouldn't like to see anyone ruled out of a pitch invasion later in the season*

*sorry.

Not to be pedantic but I would say that it was more of an incursion than an invasion.

First time I've heard someone  start a sentence with "Alexander get tae f**k" and ending it with "We're all going on a European tour"

Edited by santheman

I would like to thank the Livi keeper for lying down after our first goal to create the injury time that allowed us to score our second.  I think he gets as much credit as any ‘Well player on the park.
He got clattered on the back of the neck by Van Veen trying to grab the ball...VV even got booked for it I believe

12 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Without trying to be snide to any more Livi fans,  I think that's us undefeated against them over the last two seasons? 4 wins and 2 draws since the Bevis/Manzinga up top game?

Bit surprising given the general perception of our record against them in our fanbase.

Aye, I had a look at this yesterday as well.

They've only won 2 of the last 15 competitive games (we even won the 2 friendlies) and their last win was indeed *that* 1-0 when Holt was Livi's manager.

1321334675_ScreenShot2022-04-10at13_04_57.thumb.png.15f6db3a7aa6db69c5cbd280d58739bf.png

Edited by capt_oats

29 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Aye, I had a look at this yesterday as well.

They've only won 2 of the last 15 competitive games (we even won the 2 friendlies) and their last win was indeed *that* 1-0 when Holt was Livi's manager.

1321334675_ScreenShot2022-04-10at13_04_57.thumb.png.15f6db3a7aa6db69c5cbd280d58739bf.png

I think Alexander has found his Dundee.

For all the top 6 apathy on here from Well fans, they celebrated that equaliser like a cup final win, staying well after the final whistle singing and dancing too, i was standing outside in Lidl carpark waiting on my lift and could still hear them inside our stadium.

Aye it still burns a bit, gutting losing a goal and top 6 spot with about 30 seconds to play.

Would rather we had done the Kevin Keaghan approach and kept Forrest and Bailey on to score more goals, than bring Boyes on to shore up our defence against Shields down our left flank, but if we'd held on for another 30 seconds i would be lauding Martindale's genius, fine lines from hero to villian in football, still think he's done a remarkable job at Livi, dear knows where we'd be without him, hope he sticks around for a long time.

Enjoy your top 6 experience Well fans, going for a European place, ya lucky b*****ds. 

47 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Bit surprising given the general perception of our record against them in our fanbase.

I think it's because - results aside - we tend to play really badly in Livingston and yesterday was no exception. I feel like I've sat through some absolute soul destroyers there.

There's very little between 4th and 6th though so mid-table in the top 6 gives a very good chance of Europe, potentially even to the last day if we're looking at 5th place. I'd prefer that to meaningless games where we're miles ahead of 11th with 3 games to go.

I've still got the absolute fear that a late goal somewhere is going turn everything on its head this afternoon and that it'll work against us. As you can tell, I tend to look on the bright side [emoji6]
I was right about a late goal turning things on their head. Completely wrong about it being to our detriment though.

Regarding comments about over-celebrating, we've had very little to celebrate this year. An injury time goal is always going to be celebrated more and this one had much more meaning than just a point in a run of the mill league game. Great fun it was too.[emoji16]

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:
I'm not sure how a shot that gets clawed back when it is literally on the line doesn't count as a shot on target emoji848.png.

It hit the post so it goes down as off target

Would it have gone in without the keeper grasping it back?

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:
3 minutes ago, ropy said:
Would it have gone in without the keeper grasping it back?

It doesn't matter, a goal that goes in off the post is still off target

xG of zero?