Livingston vs Motherwell - 9th April

8 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

What do you expect from Martindale? Livi staying in the league is surely the first aim. Few seconds from top six is a great job imo. 

BTW stonewall penalty on Devlin. We moan players dive, if refs aren't giving fouls like that no wonder they do. 

Well I expect him not to lose 3 home games (1 being the biggest league game in at least 4 years) after 94 mins in a single season for a start 

Tbf if I was a Livi fan who had spent 60 minutes of that game watching a woeful Motherwell side play some of their most woeful football of the season, only for that Motherwell side to sneak into top 6 at Livi’s expense, then I’d be raging too.

Edited by ZX1886

1 hour ago, FreedomFarter said:

I find it grating. That's all, just grating. Does no actual harm but it is symbolic. It's the same arrogant contempt for a smaller club which Motherwell fans correctly highlight among Rangers and Celtic fans. They can get away with it at Livi because we're diddy but being able to do something doesn't mean you should. These same big brave boys fall neatly into line when going to Pittodrie, Ibrox and elsewhere. It's just reinforcing the hierarchy. 

Is there a difference when, like today, a last minute goal takes us into the top six, as opposed to week 8 of the league celebrating a 72nd minute goal?

Just now, ropy said:

No mention of the fact that twice the ball was played out for an injury and Motherwell didn’t give it back.  Cheating.  But under the circumstances understandable.

Only noticed it once , when livi player down with cramp and keeper takes an eternity to look around then boots it into the stand. First thought was we better not give them the ball back after that. We never so happy days , if that caused some heads to go then even better . 

13 minutes ago, ropy said:
No mention of the fact that twice the ball was played out for an injury and Motherwell didn’t give it back.  Cheating.  But under the circumstances understandable.

It’s game management by Livingston. Not quite on the level of Celtic misplacing a pass and then claiming they had a god-given right to receive it back because the intended target of the pass decided to go down afterwards to save his blushes, but still, there was no serious injury, Livingston knew what they were doing.

No need to give the ball back in such circumstances IMHO.

Edited by ZX1886

19 minutes ago, ropy said:

Is there a difference when, like today, a last minute goal takes us into the top six, as opposed to week 8 of the league celebrating a 72nd minute goal?

I'm unsure what you're arguing here.

12 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

I'm unsure what you're arguing here.

I agree with the grating feeling, I agree that things can be done to emphasise the natural order, but today it was a last minute goal that secured top six, so surely all bets are off?

12 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Correct.

Don't forget it.

While the current hierarchy doesn't have your club anywhere near the top, it does give it a comfortable enough placing. I don't forget this.

The Old Firm cash shouldn't have been hoarded by Motherwell/Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs/etc. for decades now. It should've been redistributed far more to the likes of Ayr, Queen of the South or Raith. I want that because I think the more towns and communities provided the amenity of live professional football matches, the better. But many of these clubs have been financially starved while others lavishly sucked the Old Firm teet. 

Now obviously, Rangers and Celtic controlling the finances of Scottish football as a whole, so much that sucking their teet needs to be done, that's the real problem. But some Motherwell fans seem to have never considered the perspective of clubs lower down than them. 

8 minutes ago, ropy said:

I agree with the grating feeling, I agree that things can be done to emphasise the natural order, but today it was a last minute goal that secured top six, so surely all bets are off?

For me, there's celebrating and there's gloating. Pitch invasions like that cross into gloating. There's also that I loathe making the stewards' jobs harder as worker respect is just a conviction of mine.

But you're right, it is genuinely just spontaneous emotion behind it, which is entirely fine. I suppose too that most of these same fans today would fucking love to pitch invade at a bigger club's ground such as Ibrox but it's just objectively not possible to do it. 

So aye, you've won me over on that.

14 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

For me, there's celebrating and there's gloating. Pitch invasions like that cross into gloating. There's also that I loathe making the stewards' jobs harder as worker respect is just a conviction of mine.

But you're right, it is genuinely just spontaneous emotion behind it, which is entirely fine. I suppose too that most of these same fans today would fucking love to pitch invade at a bigger club's ground such as Ibrox but it's just objectively not possible to do it. 

So aye, you've won me over on that.

Good man 

2 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

While the current hierarchy doesn't have your club anywhere near the top, it does give it a comfortable enough placing. I don't forget this.

The Old Firm cash shouldn't have been hoarded by Motherwell/Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs/etc. for decades now. It should've been redistributed far more to the likes of Ayr, Queen of the South or Raith. I want that because I think the more towns and communities provided the amenity of live professional football matches, the better. But many of these clubs have been financially starved while others lavishly sucked the Old Firm teet. 

Now obviously, Rangers and Celtic controlling the finances of Scottish football as a whole, so much that sucking their teet needs to be done, that's the real problem. But some Motherwell fans seem to have never considered the perspective of clubs lower down than them. 

Maybe one day we will rise above petty partisanship, not giving the ball back and avoidance of celebrating last minute equalisers. Thanks to your example we may, one day, truly be pillars of virtue. One of the issues of being Scotland's 4th most hated club I suppose.

We must try harder. Thanks for the advice, we know it comes from a good place.

22 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Maybe one day we will rise above petty partisanship, not giving the ball back and avoidance of celebrating last minute equalisers. Thanks to your example we may, one day, truly be pillars of virtue. One of the issues of being Scotland's 4th most hated club I suppose.

We must try harder. Thanks for the advice, we know it comes from a good place.

That's quite shite satire, though, as its just an incoherent jumble of stuff you must've read in this thread and been annoyed by. 

Anyway, Motherwell are a club that I admire a lot. I'm not here to argue, just got fed up with Moutaouakil's condescension earlier. Should've left it.

1 minute ago, FreedomFarter said:

That's quite shite satire, though, as its just an incoherent jumble of stuff you must've read in this thread and been annoyed by. 

Anyway, Motherwell are a club that I admire a lot. I'm not here to argue, just got fed up with Moutaouakil's condescension earlier. Should've left it.

FreedomFarter doth taketh away, then he giveth.

I'll take the incoherent vibe though, it takes special levels of it to take a matchday thread off on tangent into OF finances, dip down economics, wealth distriubtion and teet sucking, so you are more than qualified to make such an assertion. Not many Motherwell fans ringing our knickers like you tonight sparky.

So, vote me down then ....... bitch!

5 hours ago, JD and associates said:

Well I expect him not to lose 3 home games (1 being the biggest league game in at least 4 years) after 94 mins in a single season for a start 

Hows that his fault? He wasn't on the pitch to defend the corner. He's said he picked the team to specifically deal with that threat aswell so he was aware it may harm them. 

I think he's done remarkably well. 

24 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:
34 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

FreedomFarter doth taketh away, then he giveth.

I'll take the incoherent vibe though, it takes special levels of it to take a matchday thread off on tangent into OF finances, dip down economics, wealth distriubtion and teet sucking, so you are more than qualified to make such an assertion. Not many Motherwell fans ringing our knickers like you tonight sparky.

So, vote me down then ....... bitch!

"Ringing our knickers", you boomers and your smart arse phrases. How you carefully craft your comments too to display your superior wit and all that. Mental. You're an anonymous w****r on an internet forum as we all are. You've no reputation to protect or honour to maintain cos  nobody knows who you are. Calm down.

6 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

"Ringing our knickers", you boomers and your smart arse phrases. How you carefully craft your comments too to display your superior wit and all that. Mental. You're an anonymous w****r on an internet forum as we all are. You've no reputation to protect or honour to maintain cos  nobody knows who you are. Calm down.

Anyway, looking at the highlights I thought Livi were unlucky not to be awarded a penalty, that changed everything and means more than a few over excited teenagers getting carried away with themselves in the moment.