Livingston vs Motherwell - 9th April

7 minutes ago, Loki said:

Whilst Livingston fans will be seething at the penalties you haven’t got in the last two matches. Have you considered the ones you did get?  A very soft one against County that ended up in the North Sea. LOL.

Wait, the game where you equalised in the last minute? That was a clear, undebatable penalty was it not?

What's the stonewall penalty that has the Livi fans all riled up? The only one I remember was where Efford and the Livi player came together and the Livi boy went down in about 25 installments. Very much in the "seen them given" category but not what I'd call stonewall.

I was expecting the equaliser to be ruled out for some infringement or other. Got to love a proper injury time stramash [emoji23]

Livi had 2 winable games to get a top 6 finish and blew it,last game against St.Johnstone was their downfall, a terrible performance,which was the first nail in the coffin,which left a must win today,I have to say they were great for 70 minutes,played Motherwell of the park,then self destructed,Motherwell didn't even deserve a draw.
The same old,wrong subs at the wrong time.
Obileye is guilty of scuffing clearances to the opposition,and out for corners.He and Fizzywater just don't look strong and commanding at corners.
Stryjek needs to take more command of his box at corners,instead of getting boxed in on the goal line.
So all in all probably got what they deserved over the 2 games.A bottom six finish.

Stryjek   5/10  Get of the goal line ffs
Devlin    7/10
Fitzwater 5/10  Questionable strength at corners
Obileye   5/10  Lacks concentration at times
Penrice   5/10
Holt      6/10  To many passes going astray   
Pittman   3.5/10  Poor ball control,first touch poor
Kelly     5.5/10  Sturdy enough
Bailey    6.5/10  Great when on the ball, disappears to easily
Nouble    9/10
Forrest   8/10

Shinnie  done very little
Boyes    never noticed him
Lewis    done ok,not convinced overall 

6 minutes ago, fat_tony said:

What's the stonewall penalty that has the Livi fans all riled up? The only one I remember was where Efford and the Livi player came together and the Livi boy went down in about 25 installments. Very much in the "seen them given" category but not what I'd call stonewall.

I was expecting the equaliser to be ruled out for some infringement or other. Got to love a proper injury time stramash emoji23.png

Not sure who it was but Devlin was tripped towards the corner of the 6 yard box going to the byline, 100% a foul, was so close to it. Instead of going down straight away he tried to play on but had already lost his balance and couldn’t regain it, think if he goes down at the contact he gets it

9 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Wait, the game where you equalised in the last minute? That was a clear, undebatable penalty was it not?

Well that would depend on if you’re a County fan or a Livi fan.  There isn’t enough contact for your player to go down.  But I’m sure you’d say there was.  And I’ll continue to seethe over it, and you will have long forgotten it.  Got to love confirmation bias.  And in a weeks time I will have forgotten about the dubious nature of our one today.

But irrespective of the nature of the penalty award, you score that, and you’re leaving Dingwall with the win.

Commiserations on just missing out, and thanks for putting that penalty in the North Sea.

26 minutes ago, Loki said:

Whilst Livingston fans will be seething at the penalties you haven’t got in the last two matches. Have you considered the ones you did get?  A very soft one against County that ended up in the North Sea. LOL.

Feels like only seeing one side of things, ignoring things like a blatant red card which was not given of late.

The substitutions ( why ? )totally changed our approach to the game. 2-0  up and Motherwell with no serious effort on target , Martindale goes into panic mode to defend what we had and the two wide men are taken off leaving us backs to the wall. Not the first time this has happened this season. At the end of the day it was a perm any two from six scenario as to who hit the top six and we came up short. Target is to makes sure we are no lower than 10th now.

The substitutions ( why ? )totally changed our approach to the game. 2-0  up and Motherwell with no serious effort on target , Martindale goes into panic mode to defend what we had and the two wide men are taken off leaving us backs to the wall. Not the first time this has happened this season. At the end of the day it was a perm any two from six scenario as to who hit the top six and we came up short. Target is to makes sure we are no lower than 10th now.

I was quite happy when I saw Forrest was going off tbf. He’s been brilliant against us for the past couple of seasons.

Frustrating game. Were well on top for 70 minutes, but somehow fucked it. Theme of the season tbh.

We seem to have dropped a lot of points at the death this season. Off the top of my head, we've done it against County, St Johnstone, Aberdeen and now Motherwell.

We can moan about the penalty all we want (I'm also in the 'seen them given but not stonewall' camp), but the bottom line is we're not in the top 6 because we fucked it ourselves. 1 point from 12 in the final 4 games before the split put us here, not bed refereeing decisions. 

I know we've still got 5 games to go but the season is pretty much over here. It's been a decent season, after I thought we were getting relegated in December. Shame to come so close. 

Time to get some of the fringe players in who'll be here next season and see what they can do. Boyes should be starting every game from here on out IMO. Lewis, Forrest, Bailey and Soto can sit on the bench, time to look to the future.

Also Sean Kelly was really good in the centre of the park o_0 

I was convinced the pitch invasion was going to see minutes added on, but the goal must have been so close to the end.

You never want to see a pitch invasion but surely a 93rd minute goal that means something significant is worth celebrating.

2 minutes ago, ropy said:

I was convinced the pitch invasion was going to see minutes added on, but the goal must have been so close to the end.

You never want to see a pitch invasion but surely a 93rd minute goal that means something significant is worth celebrating.

Yeah, I don't mind the pitch invasion at all. If it had been the other way around I'd have been on the park

20 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

If I was Livingston I would simply have taken more than 1 point from the last 4 games.

You must feel like a right fanny giving it your snooty "why do Livi fans care about Top Six?" before the match only for Motherwell fans to chimp out over it today.

Martindale just doesn’t have the bottle and those 2 centre halves aren’t good enough. At 90 mins I was thinking “surely Ross county can’t nick a place in Europe off of us”…now I’m just hoping we stay up. And I’m not massively confident. Sickening but not surprising, if we stay up I think next season will be very tough. 

53 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Yeah, I don't mind the pitch invasion at all. If it had been the other way around I'd have been on the park

I find it grating. That's all, just grating. Does no actual harm but it is symbolic. It's the same arrogant contempt for a smaller club which Motherwell fans correctly highlight among Rangers and Celtic fans. They can get away with it at Livi because we're diddy but being able to do something doesn't mean you should. These same big brave boys fall neatly into line when going to Pittodrie, Ibrox and elsewhere. It's just reinforcing the hierarchy. 

40 minutes ago, JD and associates said:

Martindale just doesn’t have the bottle and those 2 centre halves aren’t good enough. At 90 mins I was thinking “surely Ross county can’t nick a place in Europe off of us”…now I’m just hoping we stay up. And I’m not massively confident. Sickening but not surprising, if we stay up I think next season will be very tough. 

What do you expect from Martindale? Livi staying in the league is surely the first aim. Few seconds from top six is a great job imo. 

BTW stonewall penalty on Devlin. We moan players dive, if refs aren't giving fouls like that no wonder they do.