Livingston vs Motherwell - 9th April

12 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Going by the ticket website, we've sold our tickets for Section L and there are a handful of tickets left for Section K so anyone turning up on the day will be in the corner. We didn't seem to get tickets for Section M nearer the half way line which seems a bit odd.

Possibly where the free tickets to the schools and sports clubs are sitting, they're in the South East and East stands.

Gutted that I won't make it to this. Hoping the stream is good and I can crack open a beer or two to celebrate our top 6 finish.

Realistically though, as has been said we lose a lot without Anderson and don't have a ready-made replacement. Soto looks lively and can make some good touches but not sure if he's got the same attacking instinct as Anderson. Nothing surprises me with Martindale anymore so half expecting Nouble back in the middle with the sole purpose of bringing down the long balls and playing it out to Forrest or Bailey.

Think I'd go for:

Stryjek

Devlin  -  Fitzwater  -  Obileye  -  Penrice

Pittman  -  Holt  -  Sibbald

Nouble  -  Soto  -  Forrest

3 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Gutted that I won't make it to this. Hoping the stream is good and I can crack open a beer or two to celebrate our top 6 finish.

Realistically though, as has been said we lose a lot without Anderson and don't have a ready-made replacement. Soto looks lively and can make some good touches but not sure if he's got the same attacking instinct as Anderson. Nothing surprises me with Martindale anymore so half expecting Nouble back in the middle with the sole purpose of bringing down the long balls and playing it out to Forrest or Bailey.

Think I'd go for:

Stryjek

Devlin  -  Fitzwater  -  Obileye  -  Penrice

Pittman  -  Holt  -  Sibbald

Nouble  -  Soto  -  Forrest

If it's 0-0 or 1-1 going into the last 10 mins, i'm hoping he brings on Konovalov and Boyes and sticks them and Ayo up front to punts balls up into their box.

Slightly off topic but a big shout out to the Livi board for holding next seasons , season ticket prices at the same level for the 4th year in a row. Brilliant stuff. Motherwell leading the way in the free tickets for the unemployed and also recognising the importance of their fan base. 

On 07/04/2022 at 23:48, Archie McSquackle said:

Going by the ticket website, we've sold our tickets for Section L and there are a handful of tickets left for Section K so anyone turning up on the day will be in the corner. We didn't seem to get tickets for Section M nearer the half way line which seems a bit odd.

We've given close to 4,000 tickets out. It's likely that there will be fans in there

Top 6 doesn’t really bother me. I get that it normally constitutes a good season but even if we do somehow now scrape it, the whole of 2022 has been so utterly wretched and unwatchable that my interest is at an all time low. 

But…..if we don’t now make it, especially with it being so tight in the end, whilst to say it would be a disaster is pushing it, it certainly doesn’t feel like anything worth celebrating. 

Edited by Allroy for Prez

Top 6 doesn’t really bother me. I get that it normally constitutes a good season but even if we do somehow now scrape it, the whole of 2022 has been so utterly wretched and unwatchable that my interest is at an all time low. 
But…..if we don’t now make it, especially with it being so tight in the end, whilst to say it would be a disaster is pushing it, it certainly doesn’t feel like anything worth celebrating. 

If we do make it then at least we can’t be relegated.

You beat me to it! Top 6 takes away that fear that one win against St. Mirren hasn't quite made go away. Bizarrely, it means we're in with a decent shout of a European place which would be great as we all missed out the chance of some decent away trips the same trip. OK, it was NI but it would have been some brilliant trips.

I'm very meh about finishing sixth in general. It's obviously objectively a good season and there are financial benefits but being midtable and sixth as opposed to midtable and seventh doesn't do much for me in sporting terms either way. Indeed, if you're the worst of the top half there's a decent chance the end of the season is rather dull in comparison to potentially some light-hearted wins over the dross on sunny days.

The annoyance this season isn't potentially missing sixth, it's that even a moderate start to the year would have had us safe as no worse than fifth - which given that's likely Europe would have been something worth having. 

Not making Europe is never a disaster for us but these opportunities don't come around all the time and throwing one away through our own caution in the window and inexplicable team selections - coming on top of two farcical cup exits - means this season will likely have a huge 'chance missed' stamped on it.

There's very little between 4th and 6th though so mid-table in the top 6 gives a very good chance of Europe, potentially even to the last day if we're looking at 5th place. I'd prefer that to meaningless games where we're miles ahead of 11th with 3 games to go.

I've still got the absolute fear that a late goal somewhere is going turn everything on its head this afternoon and that it'll work against us. As you can tell, I tend to look on the bright side [emoji6]

The thing is, the point to sack Alexander was after St Johnstone, the club didn’t move and now we face falling out of top 6 AND keeping the manager. For me, that would be a disaster.