Livingston vs Motherwell - 9th April

3 hours ago, welldaft said:

By only 1 point as it happens so not a huge difference. 

Contrast that with Motherwell. 28 home points and only 11 away points. 

That said stats can be dressed up any way you want. For example Livi have won 5 home games from 15. So only 1 in 3 games. 

I guess it comes down to who can handle the pressure better. There is not much between the teams this season.

Happier we got a win and 4 goals on Saturday. Should allow the players some more self belief and stop the Management from tinkering too much - one can only hope 🙏

That makes the huge advantage from playing on our own pitch an invalid statement though, Motherwell have had a bigger advantage playing on your own pitch, or the pitch is only a part of it. Home advantage can incompass a number of variables, not travelling to another ground, playing in front of your own fans, knowing the pitch you're playing on better, basically familiarity with the pitch and your surrounding, and being more comfortable playing there. But it always gets put on Livi that it's all about the pitch. 

When you're pish you're pish though, as Accies and Killie proved last season, their plastic pitches had no advantage at all to them, it's only when they were doing well the pitch was the reason.

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

I see Livi are giving away a couple of thousand tickets to schools etc for this one.

Yeah done it already this season, was good to see the South stand and part of the East stand with noisy kids cheering on Livi, just hope we get a win to encourage some of them to come back.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

That makes the huge advantage from playing on our own pitch an invalid statement though, Motherwell have had a bigger advantage playing on your own pitch, or the pitch is only a part of it. Home advantage can incompass a number of variables, not travelling to another ground, playing in front of your own fans, knowing the pitch you're playing on better, basically familiarity with the pitch and your surrounding, and being more comfortable playing there. But it always gets put on Livi that it's all about the pitch. 

When you're pish you're pish though, as Accies and Killie proved last season, their plastic pitches had no advantage at all to them, it's only when they were doing well the pitch was the reason.

I never mentioned the pitch 🤨.  In fact it never entered my mind when I responded. I actually pointed out as did you that your home form is little different from your away form.

Someone is maybe a little sensitive about the subject 😉.  Probably comes from it being brought up all the time...

Fair to say this is the biggest game at Almondvale since we came back up? Pretty much do or die stuff in the 90 minutes, which is a bit of a novelty for us in the league over the past few years. 

Tough one to call lineup-wise, for as much as the likes of Forrest's and Omeonga's performance levels have dipped slightly in the last month or so, the alternatives either haven't set the heather alight recently (Bailley) or played at all (McMillan). We've also seen it before that when everyone does turn up and is at it, we've been at our best (Hibs away, Dundee away).

Third game this season we've distributed out tickets to the community, and we've drawn 1-1 the previous encounters. Going to go for a Livingston win, but wins for Hibs and Ross County and us to lose out on GD. 

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Didn't know it was possible to have "pitch" Tourettes , most sufferers don't feel the need to write down their ticks however.

6 minutes ago, Afro said:

Fair to say this is the biggest game at Almondvale since we came back up?

In my eyes there's no doubt about it. The financial rewards for the remainder of this season are huge for us.   

5 hours ago, welldaft said:

I never mentioned the pitch 🤨.  In fact it never entered my mind when I responded. I actually pointed out as did you that your home form is little different from your away form.

Someone is maybe a little sensitive about the subject 😉.  Probably comes from it being brought up all the time...

This fellow did, which was the original post i responded too. Yeah it becomes tedious talking about it but so far Motherwell fans seem reasonable and decent posters in this match thread, and it didn't look like bait. Sure it'll all change post match, for both sets of fans.

20 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Annoyed that 3 points over 1 against bottom club Dundee decimated by Covid and it would be top 6 in the bag already.

Don't fancy this pitch and Livi have such an advantage knowing the nuances of the bounce and pace.

Slugfest or cricket score .... I don't know, none of us do under Alexander. A wee bit of confidence restored after being devoid in recent weeks and Anderson missing are two plus points for us.

1-3

4 hours ago, Afro said:

Fair to say this is the biggest game at Almondvale since we came back up? Pretty much do or die stuff in the 90 minutes, which is a bit of a novelty for us in the league over the past few years. 

Tough one to call lineup-wise, for as much as the likes of Forrest's and Omeonga's performance levels have dipped slightly in the last month or so, the alternatives either haven't set the heather alight recently (Bailley) or played at all (McMillan). We've also seen it before that when everyone does turn up and is at it, we've been at our best (Hibs away, Dundee away).

Third game this season we've distributed out tickets to the community, and we've drawn 1-1 the previous encounters. Going to go for a Livingston win, but wins for Hibs and Ross County and us to lose out on GD. 

That would be cruel, but I suppose the 3pts for winning this game would keep us safely away from 11th place, as St Johnstone will likely lose to Celtic, and we'd be 10pts ahead of them, so as scenarios go, that isn't all bad. 

9 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I see Livi are giving away a couple of thousand tickets to schools etc for this one.

Now I think about it, free tickets is what got me going to games regularly as a kid and cemented me as a Livi fan. The club was in the third tier at the time so it maybe took that bit of encouragement for me to plump for Livi when my pals were all supporters of top tier clubs.

Anyway, this season the ticket giveaways have meant a third stand being opened and it's been a nice wee atmosphere improvement. 

Are Livi in financial bother? Why are you all so arsed about finishing Top Six?
The financial boost from a top 6 finish with crowd numbers and prize money plus the added possibility of Europe could see us debt free by the end of the season...pretty decent incentive if you ask me

10 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Now I think about it, free tickets is what got me going to games regularly as a kid and cemented me as a Livi fan. The club was in the third tier at the time so it maybe took that bit of encouragement for me to plump for Livi when my pals were all supporters of top tier clubs.

Anyway, this season the ticket giveaways have meant a third stand being opened and it's been a nice wee atmosphere improvement. 

Apart from Hugh Keevins who had a go on Clyde Super Score Board at Livi giving away free tickets. Then again he is often found mentioning how embarrassing it is for Celtic to score 5 goals against anyone without mentioning them having ten times the budget.

Recently (last few months) started listening to the podcast walking the dog every day. Never realised how much of a knob-end he is. Thinks he is smart but is a clown. The rest are OK inc Gordon Duncan who is an eloquent and excellent host. Leaving aside the fact he is a Motherwell fan 😉.

My point being any side outside the City clubs need to do anything and everything to increase their fan base. We have 5500 season ticket holders (500 given to unemployed / unable to afford etc) yet we still only had 3600 fans there on Saturday. Our shit run will have a lot to do with it as will rampant Covid. But that is a sizeable %. 

5 minutes ago, welldaft said:

started listening to the podcast walking the dog every day.

The Clyde 1 Podcast? With Hugh Keevins on it?

f**k me, you’d have got more sense if you’d listened to the dug’s opinion on the fitba’. 

12 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I know the make up of the top six this year will be different, but we lost out on an est. 500k what with the season being called early due to COVID in 2020. 

We’re not desperate for money like that, we certainly haven’t budgeted for anything like it, and thinking back to where we were at the start of the season it’s almost laughable that we’re in this position. 

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Yes and no. Not in immediate financial danger but not long out of it therefore still very vigilant. I've not celebrated anything as a Livi fan more than the 17/18 promotion to the Premiership. The league cup win in 2004 didn't even compare. The club in 17/18 was still so mired in debt from being punted down to the fourth tier and it is so difficult to chip away at that debt in the Championship as the margins are so small. The Premiership is just a different planet financially. As an example, Lyndon Dykes was sold for around £2M in the Premiership. The same player would've attracted a maximum bid only a tenth of that price in the Championship.

So that 17/18 promotion was the first time in about 15 years I had finally relaxed about the club continuing to exist. Even just a single season in the Premiership (immediate relegation was the expectation for the following season) would've brought in enough cash to get the debt down to a more manageable level while back in the Championship. 

To our delight, relegation hasn't happened yet and every season spent in the Premiership further relieves that anxiety over the club's future financial viability. However, St Johnstone are the only side in the last 20 years who've been promoted then fully established themselves as a top tier club. St Mirren, Dundee, Falkirk, Dunfermline, Partick, Hamilton, ICT, County, Livi first time around, all haven't managed it. I think the difference with St Johnstone is they came up and consistently achieved top 6 finishes. Many of the others just hovered lower mid table and regressed each season until they fell through the trap door. So I'd love for Livi to emulate St Johnstone with this and a third consecutive top 6 season would be in line with that aim.