Queens vs Thistle - Friday night football - 8th April 2022

24 minutes ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

I'm actually relishing relegation and going to coastal towns by the seaside in League One where Queens haven't been on League business for quite a while!

Keep telling yourself that. It will get easier over the summer!!

5 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I’d imagine that Gorgeous George remains a Gorgeous George fan. That my club facilitated his need to be in the spotlight remains a source of anger for many of us. 

If I remember rightly, everyone (inc. non-QOS fans) found that whole episode really bizarre. 

7 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Is Gorgeous George still a Queens ‘fan’? If so, that smash & grab result is even more amusing. 

A Wee West end of Glasgow tale;

I really used to fuckin hate Sat shifts (albeit only to noon).

Nonetheless......here was me at the bus stop..opposite Safeway(remember that name?....now Waitrose)

7-30am and standing within the shelter and then all of a sudden......

"Good Morning Good People of .............

I was still a bit friday-nighted'.....but ah kent it wis Galloway.

I got the opporchancity tae tell him...."not this time George."

Not a chance we deserved anything from that game. Sneddon kept us in it and Tiffoney was excellent for the goal. Looks like we might shiftfest it into the play-offs. Delightful.

2 minutes ago, Reid said:

Not a chance we deserved anything from that game. Sneddon kept us in it and Tiffoney was excellent for the goal. Looks like we might shiftfest it into the play-offs. Delightful.

Then again....this is the Championship.

18 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Keep telling yourself that. It will get easier over the summer!!

Ladies and Gentlemen...I give you........a particle who enjoys saying bad things about people for no accountable reason other than he's maybe got a bigger keyboard than you.

So there.

1 hour ago, Slipmat said:

Two goals in six games tells our story.  Our strikers are shit.  Add to that Sneddon is a really good keeper and our habit of snatching at shots meant him keeping a clean sheet was always odds on.

To be fair we should have been relegated in any one of the last 3 or 4 seasons - overall performances like tonight's have been too few and far between.

I get the feeling Thistle are only in with a shout of the play-offs because they have taken 10 points from their "bogey team"... they were Dung with a capital D.

To add to the despondency, it was f**king freezing for an April night tonight 🥶

If those 10 points were taken away we’d only drop one place and be 4 points behind the team we play next.

If you took them off us and gave them to Queens we’d still be ahead of you.

We’ve been shite recently but still quite rightly in with a shout along with the other consistent form avoiders in the top half.

18 hours ago, jagtastic said:

If those 10 points were taken away we’d only drop one place and be 4 points behind the team we play next.

If you took them off us and gave them to Queens we’d still be ahead of you.

We’ve been shite recently but still quite rightly in with a shout along with the other consistent form avoiders in the top half.

We'll allay yer fears tomorrow.

Edited by TONTROOPER

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

It was a game low on quality - I’d probably have given it to Sneddon entirely for that save in the first half. 

Look....you won the game....but if like me you appreciate watching good footballers....Willie Gibson takes the plaudits.

Thought we were pretty comfortable once a goal up but, offtt, the hour before that. Dug Meat indeed. 

But I'll take that. Might just be the kind if boost needed at just the right time. 

We're those crowd figures read out accurate? If so less than 700 home fans? Even allowing for the struggles on the pitch, the game being on TV etc. that's really poor. Back to what it was first like in the 80s when I first visited Palmerston. 

I know Queens away days are popular but I, for one, won't be remotely sorry to see them exit the Championship. 

Just now, John MacLean said:

Thought we were pretty comfortable once a goal up but, offtt, the hour before that. Dug Meat indeed. 

But I'll take that. Might just be the kind if boost needed at just the right time. 

We're those crowd figures read out accurate? If so less than 700 home fans? Even allowing for the struggles on the pitch, the game being on TV etc. that's really poor. Back to what it was first like in the 80s when I first visited Palmerston. 

I know Queens away days are popular but I, for one, won't be remotely sorry to see them exit the Championship. 

Ahem........you were never comfortable.

2 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

I'll rephrase, I didn't think Queens remotely looked like scoring

My goodness.Well there you have it folks........the jags deserved it.

And I believe in Santa Claus.

once we did. We should have been a couple down before then.