Queens vs Thistle - Friday night football - 8th April 2022

5 minutes ago, sneeuq said:

I fear for us next season, the fact we cant hit the target will mean we will continue to struggle. I know most will disagree but if only we still had dobbie.

C'mon, cheer up, we'll bring in new faces in the close season.

Yes, it will be a tough league, what's not to like, eh?

Gibson was the best man on the park by a distance I’d say (the BBC are unlikely to give it to a losing player though), Sneddon was our best player for sure, couple good saves and really commanding from crosses. 

McCall’s post match assessment spot on, all about the points for us just now. 

Much like Sunday, we could/should be out of sight. 
Thistle 3 points incoming .
I wish but we're awful atm.

Settle. It was entirely predictable.
Queens just never getting the breaks, shame it looks like you aint gonna make it 
Genuinely feel for Queens and their fans. Gibson very classy despite the fact it’s, IMO, a stonewaller. Cliché as it is, but when you’re down there, you just don’t get those breaks. 

League 1 will be a tough league next year but reckon they’ll be right up there next season. 

Meh. We got plenty of breaks tonight but lack the quality in the final 3rd to do anything. Luck isn't the reason we are where we are - shite strikers like Cameron, Roy and Junior are a far bigger problem.
.......thats why I dont gamble.

I do. That's why I put Thistle on at HT at 7/5.

Well the effort was there but we aren't good enough to take our chances or keep sides out at the other end. We're down and it's no more than we deserve. I think it may be a while before we're back, sadly.

2 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Gibson was the best man on the park by a distance I’d say (the BBC are unlikely to give it to a losing player though), Sneddon was our best player for sure, couple good saves and really commanding from crosses. 

McCall’s post match assessment spot on, all about the points for us just now. 

^^^ this.....(mostly)

We all know the plastic fussul are BEEB luvvies....kissie kissie

The story of our season you just don't deserve to win games missing chances like that .

Thistle very poor but they will not   care they won the game .

Gibson was excellent but for the goal he  really has to bring him down take the red card .

East must go the danger he does nothing makes it far to easy to score .

Guest Flash
4 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

I thought that was his best game for us. He's shown quality in patches but looked up for it tonight. Absolutely baffled he was taken off

As did Thistle. The difference, of course, is that they scored

This. Absolutely done with this season and watching the same thing happen every game. For the first time in over 30 years I think I would consciously choose not to go to the remaining home games, if I didnt have to. No chance I'll be going to Dunfermline.

I mean, he did score the only goal. Apart from that he did hee-haw other than get booked for a ridiculous dive. Honestly dont think I've ever seen a game where I thought he looked as good as the hype

No, Thistle had one shot on target out of 4 attempts. Queens final numbers were one shot on target out of 14 attempts. The point I was making was how often Queens missed the target - 13 times out of 14 attempts.

Just now, Flash said:

No, Thistle had one shot on target out of 4 attempts. Queens final numbers were one shot on target out of 14 attempts. The point I was making was how often Queens missed the target - 13 times out of 14 attempts.

Obviously I was referring to the one shot on target.

I get your point but if we had also scored from our one we would have got a point. 

Immensely satisfying to watch a team batter and batter you and you get the winner with a sucker punch on the counter.

McCall correct in assessing that as dugmeat, we've capitulated to teams putting that amount of pressure on us in recent games too.

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

does anyone know what area or town Willie Gibson grew up in?

I've watched the last couple of QoTS games on BBC but the commentary team never seem to broach the subject? 

I would think your first port of call would be QoS Supporters Club?

Two goals in six games tells our story.  Our strikers are shit.  Add to that Sneddon is a really good keeper and our habit of snatching at shots meant him keeping a clean sheet was always odds on.

To be fair we should have been relegated in any one of the last 3 or 4 seasons - overall performances like tonight's have been too few and far between.

I get the feeling Thistle are only in with a shout of the play-offs because they have taken 10 points from their "bogey team"... they were Dung with a capital D.

To add to the despondency, it was f**king freezing for an April night tonight 🥶