Queens vs Thistle - Friday night football - 8th April 2022

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

It was a game low on quality - I’d probably have given it to Sneddon entirely for that save in the first half. 

To be fair ... between Sneddon and Gibson.

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Ruari Paton sounds like he’s away to have a greet 

So how would you sound if you were in his position, gave everything and someone shoves a microphone in your face ... seriously

Genuinely feel for Queens and their fans. Gibson very classy despite the fact it’s, IMO, a stonewaller. Cliché as it is, but when you’re down there, you just don’t get those breaks. 

League 1 will be a tough league next year but reckon they’ll be right up there next season. 

1 minute ago, sneeuq said:

I fear for us next season, the fact we cant hit the target will mean we will continue to struggle. I know most will disagree but if only we still had dobbie.

Alas......every club can say that....

MORTON: if only we had .......McGraw....Ritchie....McInnes......etc.,

7 minutes ago, Acon said:

Genuinely feel for Queens and their fans. Gibson very classy despite the fact it’s, IMO, a stonewaller. Cliché as it is, but when you’re down there, you just don’t get those breaks. 

League 1 will be a tough league next year but reckon they’ll be right up there next season. 

Cheers mate, that's fitba though.

Queens were a million times better than us, played through beautifully and created some amount of chances but when you have a clown like Ali Roy upfront that's what happens. I thought they were tidy at the start of the season so the fact they are rock bottom much show how useless they are at converting, would love to see their XG.

However I humbly take the 3 points, Sneddon stopped alot, distribution still woeful. Bannigan won a bunch. We still havent found the perfect formation after Rudden, crying out for another winger as it's not fair shoving Smith out there and expecting miracles. Want to see more of Turner in the middle. McKenna not upto to much as per but hes never a full back and thats not his problem.

We tak and move on 

59 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Is Cochrane any use, generally? He looks like the odd one out here, on a different wavelength from the rest of the Queens midfield. 

I thought that was his best game for us. He's shown quality in patches but looked up for it tonight. Absolutely baffled he was taken off

30 minutes ago, Flash said:

According to BBC stats Queens have had one shot on target out of eleven attempts.

As did Thistle. The difference, of course, is that they scored

28 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Do we have to play these remaining games? 

This. Absolutely done with this season and watching the same thing happen every game. For the first time in over 30 years I think I would consciously choose not to go to the remaining home games, if I didnt have to. No chance I'll be going to Dunfermline.

24 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Tiffoney man of the match? I thought Gibson was outstanding. 

I mean, he did score the only goal. Apart from that he did hee-haw other than get booked for a ridiculous dive. Honestly dont think I've ever seen a game where I thought he looked as good as the hype

8 minutes ago, Acon said:

Whats a stonewaller......did I miss something?

11 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

So how would you sound if you were in his position, gave everything and someone shoves a microphone in your face ... seriously

I’d be a lot more perplexed as to why Queens had trusted me, an out of shape 28 year old with zero previous professional footballing experience, to play up front for them.