Queens vs Thistle - Friday night football - 8th April 2022

The very nature of a bogey team is they are shit yet somehow you play badly/drop points against them. I would expect us to drop points against ict/Arbroath/killie etc

You've dropped two points against us in 3 games. That's nowhere near bogey team territory.

Ask Ayr fans about visiting Palmerston trying to get a result - that's what a real bogey team is.

32 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You've dropped two points against us in 3 games. That's nowhere near bogey team territory.

Ask Ayr fans about visiting Palmerston trying to get a result - that's what a real bogey team is.

I wouldn't even bank on Queens holding on to their 20 year Palmerston hoodoo over Ayr Utd.

We are getting closer to “mission impossible” territory now. Looking at the table 3 wins has an outside chance of catching Dunfermline so long as one of the wins comes against Pars as they are away to Killie on Saturday. Realistically, though we need 4 wins which I don’t think any Queens fan thinks is even a remote possibility. I think the best we can hope for is beating Partick and at least hanging in there as long as we can. The reality is that we may actually do well to win any of the remaining 5 fixtures far less 3 or 4 of them.

At the very least it would be good to see a really committed energetic attacking performance tomorrow. Our performances against Raith & Hamilton reminded me of “dead rubbers” as opposed to matches that were firmly in the “must win” category. 

Part of me really wants queens to win this just for the chaos but then I remember Dunfermline have won 6 times all season and we need all the  help we can get to shitfest our way away from the seaside

Thistle please kindly repay our fife derby favour, thanks.

If queens do win i could see it leading to 4th, 9th and 10th being undecided until the last day

Fitness permitting I'd like to see us start with the same eleven that started on Sunday albeit with Connelly up front and Paton on the right.  Ally Roy is piss poor but he's the only player who's managed to get on the scoresheet in the last 5 games.  The donkeyesque Cameron may put himself about more but he doesn't score or create goals and the temptation for our defenders to endlessly pump long balls into empty spaces is reduced dramatically when he isn't on the pitch.

On 07/04/2022 at 09:43, Otis Blue said:

Thing is ... getting out of this level of deep shit requires that all remaining games must be won. That requires that we carry a significant forward threat and are able to score from any chances that might fall our way. Unfortunately this is the very thing we lack in this squad. Hence the season is over now.

Last season we had the likes of Shields up front and big Obileye who could come up from the back and score a few. There's no equivalent this season.

I'm not particularly depressed about relegation, I've accepted it a good while ago - we knew the squad was low on quality. All about building for next season now. Have to look forward not back, eh?

While sticking the ball in the net is a issue the defence is our main problem imo. 

Trying to score more goals than we concede every game is no way to go on. 

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, Kunter said:

While sticking the ball in the net is a issue the defence is our main problem imo. 

Trying to score more goals than we concede every game is no way to go on

Aye, they have managed that once in the league so far - against Morton on 21 August. Both teams have scored 13 times in league games. The record is P13 W1 D5 L7.

Queens have conceded the first goal 15 times in league games (whether Queens score or not). The record is P15 W0 D1 L14.

So, if the opposition score at any time (when Queens score as well)* the chance of a Queens win so far this season has been 7.7%.
If the opposition score first, the chance of a Queens win so far has been 0% with a 6.7% chance of a draw and a 92.3% chance of defeat.

*Eta

Edited by Flash

2 hours ago, Kunter said:

True but the defence has looked a bit better of late.

We could all see early on that we lacked quality across the squad, so we knew it was going to be a big ask from the outset. Not the greatest surprise really.

Our main hope was that Ayr and Morton would be equally crap, but those ships sailed a while ago.

Scally in the match preview -

“Ross Docherty, who missed the Arbroath game, has been back in as has Alex Jakubiak although he’s only had one day of training."

So Docherty starts, Mayo back in central defence, Holt at LB with Hendrie dropping to the bench?

11 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Scally in the match preview -

“Ross Docherty, who missed the Arbroath game, has been back in as has Alex Jakubiak although he’s only had one day of training."

So Docherty starts, Mayo back in central defence, Holt at LB with Hendrie dropping to the bench?

and Brian Graham to rip our defence a new one yet again. 

7 hours ago, Kunter said:

I'd tend to disagree.

I think our failure to score in so many league games - the lack of threat consistently posed by our attacking players -  is our biggest problem.  

That's what makes the concession of goals, usually just 1 or 2, so decisive.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

You think that we have any chance of catching you, regardless of tonight's result? emoji38.png

I'd never rule it out considering you have the 3 points banked on the 23rd to factor in.     If you win tonight then add that one on the gap is only 2 points 🤮

Anyway Mon the Thistle.