Queens vs Thistle - Friday night football - 8th April 2022

Just beating Raith next week in what is shaping up to be an all time worst game of football ever would probably be enough to get us in the playoffs. This is very last chance saloon for Queens so probably 1-0 to them. 
Nope .... that ship departed East End Park earlier this evening.

Aye I'm afraid tonight's result pretty much kills it. Our only way out now is by grabbing some miracle results and Dunfermline capitulating.

We have to beat ICT at home - something we've done twice in the last 14 fixtures/20 years. And go to Arbroath and get a win. The latter may be easier than the former is the title race is done but I still wouldn't fancy picking up a win. Even if we manage to get to East End Park needing a result I'm sure our typical 'shit the bed when needing a result' selves would turn up.

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye I'm afraid tonight's result pretty much kills it. Our only way out now is by grabbing some miracle results and Dunfermline capitulating.

We have to beat ICT at home - something we've done twice in the last 14 fixtures/20 years. And go to Arbroath and get a win. The latter may be easier than the former is the title race is done but I still wouldn't fancy picking up a win. Even if we manage to get to East End Park needing a result I'm sure our typical 'shit the bed when needing a result' selves would turn up.

It isn’t looking like ICT can get 2nd spot, so unless they need points to be absolutely sure of 3rd, they might be taking it a bit easier prior to the playoffs.

It isn’t looking like ICT can get 2nd spot, so unless they need points to be absolutely sure of 3rd, they might be taking it a bit easier prior to the playoffs.
They could send their 18's and I still wouldn't fancy our chances [emoji38]

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Thing is ... getting out of this level of deep shit requires that all remaining games must be won. That requires that we carry a significant forward threat and are able to score from any chances that might fall our way. Unfortunately this is the very thing we lack in this squad. Hence the season is over now.

Last season we had the likes of Shields up front and big Obileye who could come up from the back and score a few. There's no equivalent this season.

I'm not particularly depressed about relegation, I've accepted it a good while ago - we knew the squad was low on quality. All about building for next season now. Have to look forward not back, eh?

I don't think this game even feels very meaningful for us any more.

I might revise that if we somehow win it, but we're now needing too many things to happen for us in a handful of games, when they've scarcely happened at all over dozens.

If it's cold tomorrow night, I might just take it in on the telly.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't think this game even feels very meaningful for us any more.

I might revise that if we somehow win it, but we're now needing too many things to happen for us in a handful of games, when they've scarcely happened at all over dozens.

If it's cold tomorrow night, I might just take it in on the telly.

I think it's very meaningful. If, and it's a big if, we win then we can at least take a playoff place down to the last game by matching Dunfermlines results. We don't necessarily need to beat ICT or Arbroath if Dunfermline lose to Killie and Ayr. 

We do, almost, certainly need to win a couple of games after tomorrow, most likely the last two games. 

45 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

I think it's very meaningful. If, and it's a big if, we win then we can at least take a playoff place down to the last game by matching Dunfermlines results. We don't necessarily need to beat ICT or Arbroath if Dunfermline lose to Killie and Ayr. 

We do, almost, certainly need to win a couple of games after tomorrow, most likely the last two games. 

I get that, but momentum is the key factor now. Dunfermline have loads of it going in the right direction. We have loads of it all in the wrong direction. Even if Dunfermline were to spectacularly implode now, I still don't think we'd do it because I just can't see us winning any games now and we'd have to win at least two if not three.

Hope to hell I'm wrong though.

From a thistle perspective I would like to think that a win here would all but us be home for 4th at least. Raith going into Saturday 6 points behind might be a deal breaker. Getting a few of our players back and fit seems to make us a bit better again so hopeful of 3 points here despite queens being a bit of a bogey team for us this season.

Until recently our worst performances of the season had come against queens. The spfl trust tie being a particular lowlight

It doesn't matter how shit you've played, you've still taken 7 from a possible 9 points from us. If we're your bogey team then I've no idea how you aren't sitting comfortably at the top of the table.

I imagine this along with the remaining games will be played out without too much fuss from a Queens perspective. A comfortable away win is on the cards. 

Can relegation be confirmed this week or will it be the Easter weekend?

Either way the end of the season can’t come quick enough for me. I am sure the players are all honest pros, but sadly they haven’t been up to the task. 

Roll on the new intake of hopefuls for our return to the seaside. 

2-0 for Thistle. 

It doesn't matter how shit you've played, you've still taken 7 from a possible 9 points from us. If we're your bogey team then I've no idea how you aren't sitting comfortably at the top of the table.
The very nature of a bogey team is they are shit yet somehow you play badly/drop points against them. I would expect us to drop points against ict/Arbroath/killie etc

3 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

I imagine this along with the remaining games will be played out without too much fuss from a Queens perspective. A comfortable away win is on the cards. 

Either way the end of the season can’t come quick enough for me. I am sure the players are all honest pros, but sadly they haven’t been up to the task. 

2-0 for Thistle. 

That's extremely negative and pessimistic.

It absolutely matches my outlook.

Guest Flash
5 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

2-0 for Thistle. 

Can’t be confirmed this weekend. Next week at the earliest. 
Bring back the Count.