TIER ONE COLTS IN LOWLAND LEAGUE

MAC THE KNIFE

2 hours ago, zenon said:

But you need the excitement of the play-offs to keep fans interested. 

I would go club 42 automatically down, winners of HL and LL play off for automatic promotion, losers then play off with Club 41. 

Bottom of LL automatically down, EOS and WOSL play off for automatic promotion, losers then play off with second bottom of LL.

All very well but another poster totally ignoring the SOS champions. It's a 3 way playoff system for promotion to the LL.

3 hours ago, zenon said:

But you need the excitement of the play-offs to keep fans interested. 

I would go club 42 automatically down, winners of HL and LL play off for automatic promotion, losers then play off with Club 41. 

Bottom of LL automatically down, EOS and WOSL play off for automatic promotion, losers then play off with second bottom of LL.

How about a straight 3 down and 3 up between LL and tier 6, which has 3 leagues. Fair?

1 hour ago, B75 said:

All very well but another poster totally ignoring the SOS champions. It's a 3 way playoff system for promotion to the LL.

41 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

How about a straight 3 down and 3 up between LL and tier 6, which has 3 leagues. Fair?

OK. Time for some speculation !

If the three champions gained automatic promotion to the LL what would follow that?

Would the Ayrshire clubs join the SoS in order to get promotion quicker - by avoiding the better clubs from greater Glasgow?

Or would the licenced SoS clubs, which would have to take the promotion to the LL, ....  all opt for a switch to the WoS in order to avoid the costs of promotion to the LL?

That would leave the SoS "free" of currently licenced clubs and no longer an effective part of the pyramid. Is the recent gossip about Threave Rovers  the first step in the SoS losing its' current status? 

9 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

The average away crowd in L2 will be significantly higher than the average away crowd in the LL. Well over half the clubs in the LL have an average attendance below 200. No club in L2  has an average attendance that low.

From experience in League Two this season, we had some larger visiting crowds in the LL, most clubs in L2 bring double figures if you’re lucky. 

13 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

From experience in League Two this season, we had some larger visiting crowds in the LL, most clubs in L2 bring double figures if you’re lucky. 

Which clubs in the LL did you think brought good away crowds? I'd have thought Bonnyrigg and maybe Bo'ness aside, it would have been fairly slim pickings.

17 hours ago, Dev said:

OK. Time for some speculation !

If the three champions gained automatic promotion to the LL what would follow that?

Hazarding a guess but if this came to pass I think the boundary lines would be set with less leeway and the SoS would be only for clubs in D&G and Ayrshire/Lanarkshire clubs would be stuck to the WoS (historic members like Kello would be fine where they are but new clubs wouldn't).

There aren't many D&G clubs that could/would want to be in the LL but of the better ones (Dalbeattie, Gretna, St. Cuthberts, Threave) would all be fine with it and as the LL slides further west and south with (presumably) a few Ayrshire/Glasgow ex-junior sides getting promoted the worry about travel wouldn't be such an issue and I don't see any of the smaller clubs really challenging above that lot. 

I would like to have seen the winners of the East, West and South promoted to expand the Lowland League to 18 teams.  And I was ready to throw my toys out the pram when I read that the LL were welcoming these B teams in again.  But now I'm thinking that the longer they are kept in suspended animation as Guest clubs, the longer they are kept out of the SPFL and the Pyramid proper.  So possibly credulous of me but right now it looks like a wee touch of genius from the LL clubs that may be of benefit to the rest of us. 

6 hours ago, footnotes said:

I would like to have seen the winners of the East, West and South promoted to expand the Lowland League to 18 teams.  And I was ready to throw my toys out the pram when I read that the LL were welcoming these B teams in again.  But now I'm thinking that the longer they are kept in suspended animation as Guest clubs, the longer they are kept out of the SPFL and the Pyramid proper.  So possibly credulous of me but right now it looks like a wee touch of genius from the LL clubs that may be of benefit to the rest of us. 

May cause a lot of arguments but not sure.  We wont see each of the winners of the West, East and South get promoted direct as many think they south is of an Inferior league and should not even have their winners in the playoff never mind a straight forward promotion.  I suspect many think the SOS should be a tier down in either the West region or the South region but should that or will that happen.  It will be interesting to see how the winners do in the play off. I do personally think the West and East will be too strong for them, but time will tell

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

HEARTS WANTING A COLTS TEAM IN LL. ASSUME THEY GOT ONE " GUEST " SPOT BASED ON TRAVEL WHICH GLASGOW COLTS TEAM GETS IN  ? WOULD THEY THEN TAKE UP THE PLACE IF THEY COULD NOT PLAY THEIR BIG GLASGOW DERBY GAME OR WOULD THEY SUDDENLY APPLY JOIN THE "WEST " LEAGUE ?

2 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

League have not stated a limit to number of guest teams, so even if Hearts get a place, you can be sure both the old firm will too.

After all, how can an arse operate with only one cheek?

In the rulebook it only allows the ability to temporarily expand to 18. On a podcast appearance the LL Chair said there's a vacancy for two guest clubs.

If they can't rip up the rulebook to expand to 18 proper clubs. Why would they be allowed to rip it up for 3 guest clubs?

16 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Do you have trust in this league?  To think I thought my club would at least be escaping the clutches of Tom Johnston, only to find the 'professional' league was being run equally as bad. 

I don't really have much trust in the League. Not sure they want to open up their rulebook after all the hassle last year.

At this point none of the talk from Hearts have come from someone that has access to purse strings. So i'm not expecting them to go through with an application to give the LL anything worry about. They'll get to pay lip service to it being guest clubs and not just about the OF.