Chill Down Your Spine

Well, it's your fault I had to Google lotus pods, and you said pictures didn't affect you. 

I'd do it again. 
That picture you posted is tolerable but it reminds me of that awful lotus image. *Shudders*

That picture of the nail clippers on teeth did it and the bit about the injections in the eye.   Injuries with a cruching sound will do it, real or fictional. 

Bit baffled by the whole cotton wool, spoons and holes stuff though. Bunch of loonies. 

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I can't drink anything hot with food. Has to be juice. I don't really like having a pint with food either.

Only exception, would be a bovril with my bridie. I'm also with you having pints with food, that can wait until I've finish.

I also don't like needles getting injected into myself (in the vain), ok with the vaccine type. Also ok, watching someone else. This all steams from me being in hospital when I was about 16 and was getting blood taken from me about 3 times a day. On one occasion the needle broke and was inside me, they had to get tweezers to get it out my arm. Took about 15 minutes and very unnerving.

Edited by SlipperyP

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Maybe it's something to do with mafia fillums but the thought of a barber going anywhere near my face / neck with an open razor gives me the heebie jeebies.

It's something they do every time over here to give a sharp edge to the outline.   They even use it to trim the ear and nose hair.  And they throw in a quick  shoulder and head massage which is awkward.  

3 hours ago, Raithie said:

Even though I have zero intention of ever doing this the videos of folk scaling large buildings/cranes/satellite towers with no safety harness or parachute genuinely gives me the fear. 

Was just going to post something similar. Being at the edge of anything that is more than 8/10ft off the ground and I’m useless.

Those daft cnuts that scale telecoms towers and the like have to be a special kind of stupid. Or have balls of steel. I have my own opinion. 

On 05/04/2022 at 15:51, Bairnardo said:

Well, it's your fault I had to Google lotus pods, and you said pictures didn't affect you. 

I'd do it again. 

Thanks to this is have now discovered I can add Trypophoria to the already fairly extensive list of things I dislike.

Whispering or people speaking in a very quiet voice really gets me. It’s that sort of low almost slight whistle that you get, I hate it.

I also can’t stand certain fabrics, stuff like satin, silk, polyester. It’s just the feel of them, I can’t wear them. It does make shopping nice and easy though 🤣

I keep singing the title of this thread to the tune of The Eurythmics' "Thorn in My Side"

Chill down my spine,  

That's all you ever were,

A bundle of holes, 

It chills me to the bone, try try try trypophoria... 

Loads and loads of animals in the same place at once.

There was a thing on TV last night about a abandoned house which was full of hundreds of birds and it still gives me the chill now. Couldn’t change the channel quick enough.

Same for a rat infested house or even a video of 20/30 cats running about together indoors. No no no.

5 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Loads and loads of animals in the same place at once.

There was a thing on TV last night about a abandoned house which was full of hundreds of birds and it still gives me the chill now. Couldn’t change the channel quick enough.

Same for a rat infested house or even a video of 20/30 cats running about together indoors. No no no.

Grass snake nest - Stock Image - C025/8364 - Science Photo Library

Like this?