Chill Down Your Spine

Working in warehouses and production lines in a life gone by and I was fine doing anything until someone would ask me to build carboard boxes. The sound of the two edges of dry cardboard scraping against each other is fucking horrific.

Similarly, I don't fear polystyrene on it's own but taking a polystyrene insert out of a cardboard box gives me the boak.

+1 for trypophobia. Honeycomb in particular but I stupidly typed the word into Google years ago and a whole lot of images came up that made my teeth grind. There's some kind of plant that is truly awful. Teeth are clenched just thinking about it.

As for sounds. I hate opening freezer drawers. That noise goes right through me and makes me feel extremely uncomfortable. Just bizarre.

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

+1 for trypophobia. Honeycomb in particular but I stupidly typed the word into Google years ago and a whole lot of images came up that made my teeth grind. There's some kind of plant that is truly awful. Teeth are clenched just thinking about it.

As for sounds. I hate opening freezer drawers. That noise goes right through me and makes me feel extremely uncomfortable. Just bizarre.

Lotus pods?

19 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Anything to do with touching eyes.

People putting in contact lenses gives me the absolute fear

My dad gets injections in his eyes every 3 months. 

A couple of weeks ago he went, and as much as the nurse pushed and pushed, it would not go in. She turned to another nurse and said the needle was blunt, and asked for another. It worked fine with that one. 

When my mum was telling us this, my son's eyes were watering like mad. Tears rolling down his cheeks at the thought. 

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

My dad gets injections in his eyes every 3 months. 

A couple of weeks ago he went, and as much as the nurse pushed and pushed, it would not go in. She turned to another nurse and said the needle was blunt, and asked for another. It worked fine with that one. 

When my mum was telling us this, my son's eyes were watering like mad. Tears rolling down his cheeks at the thought. 

Like, directly into his eyeballs? What for, out of curiosity?

I think I could cope with that, but being repeatedly poked in the eye with a blunt needle doesn't sound fun.

25 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I think I could cope with that, but being repeatedly poked in the eye with a blunt needle doesn't sound fun.

Yes, directly into his eyeballs. 

He has a fuch's dystrophy and is waiting to see if he can get a cornea transplant. Whilst he is waiting though, he gets the injections. He isn't keen on them but without them, instead of being mostly blind he would be almost totally blind. 

I wonder what makes some folk hate stuff that others find totally innocuous?  Cannot fathom why people are turned off by wooden spoons or carboard or polystyrene but totally get the fear of cotton wool.  

Another one for me is the feeling when my nails are cut right down and then they run across some rough fabric.  

I wonder what makes some folk hate stuff that others find totally innocuous?  Cannot fathom why people are turned off by wooden spoons or carboard or polystyrene but totally get the fear of cotton wool.  
Another one for me is the feeling when my nails are cut right down and then they run across some rough fabric.  

Sensory overload; what actually controls what your senses get overloaded by is down to the old genetics/environment combo, as far as I’m aware. Big distinction is that “chills down the spine” doesn’t = phobias.

1 minute ago, SweeperDee said:

Sensory overload; what actually controls what your senses get overloaded by is down to the old genetics/environment combo, as far as I’m aware. Big distinction is that “chills down the spine” doesn’t = phobias.

Makes sense as the thought of the things that push my buttons doesn't really make me squirm, it's just when they happen in reality. 

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

I have been getting this done for about 10 months now after losing most of the sight in my left eye after a small stroke. It's a strange sensation getting it done and can be painful for 2 days after the injection. They haven't worked and I'm waiting on an appointment to have an implant fitted to see if that makes a difference, but tbh, I'm not sure that will work either.

14 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I would avoid hitching a ride on any passing yellow submarines then

holes.jpg.a4dbbdc5f26e9917c91acf8a1def804b.jpg

That doesn't have any effect on me tbh. Because it's a picture. It's real life holes (hold the Kenneth) that give me the shivers.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
26 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

That doesn't have any effect on me tbh. Because it's a picture. It's real life holes (hold the Kenneth) that give me the shivers.

d98.jpeg.jpg