Dundee United v Dundee

Dust settled.. would have been a very good game for a neutral (2nd half anyway)

apart from the usual gripes, I’m annoyed we didn’t make a sub, particularly when Adam went off. 

2 points dropped, but there’s a bigger picture here and I’m content where we are. Crucial we act properly this summer 

7 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

Dust settled.. would have been a very good game for a neutral (2nd half anyway)

apart from the usual gripes, I’m annoyed we didn’t make a sub, particularly when Adam went off. 

2 points dropped, but there’s a bigger picture here and I’m content where we are. Crucial we act properly this summer 

Fair summary although both sets of supporters think we should’ve won. Keeper’s flogged 2, miss of the century and hit the bar. Should’ve won comfortably. 

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Like your recent cup win it was a very easy cup draw. Not exactly constitutes a good side. The 1 before that the team got relegated 🥴 I take the Championship Hibs team that win the cup was a good team in your eyes as well. 

Yenited have been shite since the end of the 80s end of. 

I'm not quite understanding your garbled sentences. When you say "it was a very easy cup draw", which cup win are you referring to? And "Not exactly constitutes a good side"? I'm afraid you'll have to further explain that.

You won't have seen either of the teams I'm talking about. The 1994 team was, I assure you, a reasonably good side. They played some entertaining stuff.

You look to be in your 20s, perhaps? So you'll only have started following football in the 2010s, I imagine? I know you'll have read the stats and perhaps watched some of the highlights on YouTube, but that doesn't tell the full story.

40 minutes ago, The Master said:

Of course it is. He talked about it as a general idea, but was clearly relating it to his actual goal. He then quickly adds an "of course I meant it" at the end, as any striker would do.

However, none of this changes the fact that Kenny Macintyre misrepresented Mark McGhee's words. 

Christ man, it would be bad enough that you can’t make out what he says but in the BBC clip I’ve seen it’s even got sub-titles!  Maybe try watching it again.  He says you hit it towards the goal, it might take a nick off someone or someone might get something on it.  If not it can still go in.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Christ man, it would be bad enough that you can’t make out what he says but in the BBC clip I’ve seen it’s even got sub-titles!  Maybe try watching it again.  He says you hit it towards the goal, it might take a nick off someone or someone might get something on it.  If not it can still go in.

Which is what I said he said. 

Apart from the "it can still go in" part, but that just reinforces the idea that it was "a little fortunate". 

10 minutes ago, Thorfinn said:

I'm not quite understanding your garbled sentences. When you say "it was a very easy cup draw", which cup win are you referring to? And "Not exactly constitutes a good side"? I'm afraid you'll have to further explain that.

You won't have seen either of the teams I'm talking about. The 1994 team was, I assure you, a reasonably good side. They played some entertaining stuff.

You look to be in your 20s, perhaps? So you'll only have started following football in the 2010s, I imagine? I know you'll have read the stats and perhaps watched some of the highlights on YouTube, but that doesn't tell the full story.

vaqix29.jpg.b78a1f66b776186dc4bdc0f63a84a0d7.jpg

10 minutes ago, Thorfinn said:

Go and look for the cup draw, I’m sure it was a very, very favourable draw. Do you understand that?

The 94 team got relegated the following season. Do you understand that?

The 80s team was a good side. 

Outwith Celtic and Rangers the rest of the teams are poor sides 

34 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Like your recent cup win it was a very easy cup draw. Not exactly constitutes a good side. The 1 before that the team got relegated 🥴 I take the Championship Hibs team that win the cup was a good team in your eyes as well. 

Yenited have been shite since the end of the 80s end of. 

Ignoring the fact we drew a Rangers team that won the league that season in the quarter finals and knocked them out?

Edited by captainkev

1 minute ago, captainkev said:

Ignoring the fact we drew a Rangers team that won the league that season in the quarter finals and knocked them out?

Aye , rangers (who won league and league cup) away in the quarter finals is a very easy draw!!

22 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I think the Funsters on here should keep posting.  Might be a long time before we share a match thread again and I’m kind of hoping for a heads gone at some point.

I can see it coming.

25 minutes ago, Thorfinn said:

What an absolute cock you're coming across as.

Take your condescending and utter nonsensical shite elsewhere 'pal'.

6 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Go and look for the cup draw, I’m sure it was a very, very favourable draw. Do you understand that?

The 94 team got relegated the following season. Do you understand that?

The 80s team was a good side. 

Outwith Celtic and Rangers the rest of the teams are poor sides 

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to challenge your premise. I don't want to sound ageist, but must insist that first-hand experience counts for something here. If you only started going to games in the past decade, or so, how can you possibly judge the merit of a team that played in the 1990s? 

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

What an absolute cock you're coming across as.

Take your condescending and utter nonsensical shite elsewhere 'pal'.

Eloquently put. A recourse to insult is always an argument-winner. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

12 minutes ago, Thorfinn said:

Eloquently put. A recourse to insult is always an argument-winner. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

f**k off and f**k up m8. No interested.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

f**k off and f**k up m8. No interested.

The fact you keep replying, with ever-reducing charm, would suggest otherwise. 

Losing an argument so badly hurts, doesn't it. It will be even more embarrassing to have done it on a public forum. But you can learn from this. It will make you a better person in the long run. 

3 minutes ago, Thorfinn said:

The fact you keep replying, with ever-reducing charm, would suggest otherwise. 

Losing an argument so badly hurts, doesn't it. It will be even more embarrassing to have done it on a public forum. But you can learn from this. It will make you a better person in the long run. 

I've not even been arguing with you, you utter melt. 

I'd just like to point out @Thorfinn's card was marked early doors from none other than yours truly. I still see multi paragraph posts but decide to skim by them as they're clearly going to be havering bullshit.

I suggest numerous other posters of this illustrious site also do so.