Dundee United v Dundee

Have to be happy with an unexpected top six finish guys, surely.

Most of you, certainly on P&B anyway, predicted straight relegation after your new Head Coach was appointed last year.

If you were true gentlemen, I feel an apology to the man is in order.

Merely my opinion.

1727322274_download(21).jpg.0324c0a22262a143fc6f65c00b7b73ea.jpg        imageproxy.gif.3b57b205f8de5590931d400098c0e962.gif  

10 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Have to be happy with an unexpected top six finish guys, surely.

Most of you, certainly on P&B anyway, predicted straight relegation after your new Head Coach was appointed last year.

If you were true gentlemen, I feel an apology to the man is in order.

Merely my opinion.

1727322274_download(21).jpg.0324c0a22262a143fc6f65c00b7b73ea.jpg        imageproxy.gif.3b57b205f8de5590931d400098c0e962.gif  

I’m happy to apologise.  I’m sorry Tam is such a frustrating c**t.

Happy now?

Fair result.  Even at 0-2 I did not feel confident.  At 2-2 it was end to end but lacking quality in the final 3rd.

McNulty showed yet again why we struggle to kill games off.

Fair play to the Dee's for sticking at it to get a deserved point.  Wonder how all those Dees that left when the second went in feel now.  Missed out on a battling performance that should give them some hope going into the business end of the season.

As for us?  Top six and got to be happy about that but can easily see us missing out of a potential European slot through lack of firepower as we can no longer rely on our defence to get a clean sheet.

I had a debate with a fellow Arab some weeks back when I pointed out our worrying low goals scored tally in comparison to the two times I have seen us relegated.  He pointed out how much better our defence was compared to back then.  While it was fair comment at the time, last time we kept a clean sheet was 9 games ago.

Edited by Sugar_Army

11 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

I had a debate with a fellow Arab some weeks back when I pointed out our worrying low goals scored tally in comparison to the two times I have seen us relegated.  He pointed out how much better our defence was compared to back then.  While it was fair comment at the time, last time we kept a clean sheet was 9 games ago.

We scored 45 goals the last time we got relegated.  As it stands, we have scored 31, and could potentially finish 4th with an average below a goal a game.

Absolutely mental.

You’ve got to be happy with a point in a derby from 2-0 down, but I feel there was a missed opportunity there to get the win. 

We were the better team overall but as ever defensive stupidity cost us. 

Shocking standard of football on display today but an entertaining game for the neutrals. Easy to see where our problems lay. Lawler doing a decent impression of Jack Hamilton and the rest of the defence following his lead. Our signing policy in the past few years is why we are where we are. If we do end up going down, I'd still empty most of these c***s. He's been a good servant, but this has got to be the dying embers of Paul McGowans Dundee career. And don't get me started on fucking Mullen. This squad needs ripped up and if that means 2 or 3 seasons in the Championship then so be it. Still, for all that, we merited a draw. Both sides will feel they could have won. As for the DAB's, I have to hold my hands up and say fair do's. I laughed with the best of them at Tam Courts but he's done a fine job. Top 6 for that squad is a fantastic achievement. Spunking a hundred grand on Tony Watt is a shocker but I can't believe some dayglos on here are having a go at him. Football fans eh? Bunch of fucking weirdos. Anyway, incredibly, we're still in with a shout of 11th. By the way, did that co-commentator just go home after Bonnie Prince Charlie's rasper. p***k.

I never watched the game but have enjoyed this @Sugar_Army cunts meltdoon over the past day and a bit. Totally eclipsed by the ending to the story being "we were 2-0 up and I still wasn't confident" after his side blew a two goal advantage against one of the most hupny sides to grace the top flight of Scottish football.

GIF by FOX International Channels

How much are you fruits paying this McNulty clown? Going to need to cut the wage bill very soon IMO. The 130/140% ain't sustainable, no matter how many middle aged women, and teenagers you have in attendance.

Thank you.

Long shot though it is, I hope Dundee can get the 11th spot.

On the game, when United went 2-0 up, it seemed like a time slip took place around me, as not a single person could explain Dundee why United were kicking off at 2-1.

And like the fans, United players probably had turned off, thinking it was all over.

Shit game, but I'll miss the fixture if that's it for a while. The best in Scottish football.

57 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Shocking standard of football on display today but an entertaining game for the neutrals. Easy to see where our problems lay. Lawler doing a decent impression of Jack Hamilton and the rest of the defence following his lead. Our signing policy in the past few years is why we are where we are. If we do end up going down, I'd still empty most of these c***s. He's been a good servant, but this has got to be the dying embers of Paul McGowans Dundee career. And don't get me started on fucking Mullen. This squad needs ripped up and if that means 2 or 3 seasons in the Championship then so be it. Still, for all that, we merited a draw. Both sides will feel they could have won. As for the DAB's, I have to hold my hands up and say fair do's. I laughed with the best of them at Tam Courts but he's done a fine job. Top 6 for that squad is a fantastic achievement. Spunking a hundred grand on Tony Watt is a shocker but I can't believe some dayglos on here are having a go at him. Football fans eh? Bunch of fucking weirdos. Anyway, incredibly, we're still in with a shout of 11th. By the way, did that co-commentator just go home after Bonnie Prince Charlie's rasper. p***k.

Shows that criticising a player who you’ve barely seen is a bad idea.  Watt has been very good for us.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Shows that criticising a player who you’ve barely seen is a bad idea.  Watt has been very good for us.

OK. I bow down to your superior knowledge. You'll have definitely seen him more than me. This, more than anything, shows you can ask 10 fans and get 10 different opinions. He was unarguably, atrocious today. Maybe not the worst player on show but definitely the worst one who cost £100,000.