Dundee United v Dundee

Guest Wieghortsnut
11 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's 5 each isn't it?

Sorry ment to say one more scottish cup, because nobody gives a f**k about the league Cup

5 minutes ago, Wieghortsnut said:

Sorry ment to say one more scottish cup, because nobody gives a f**k about the league Cup

Most Dundee fans would give their right nut to lift the League Cup anytime in the near future.

9 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

I am more than happy with my choice.

I saw my team win the league cup and Dens, twice.

I saw my team win the league at Dens.

I saw my team win the Scottish Cup, twice. 

I take pride in the fact I saw my team play in a European final and despite losing it still coming out it with a lot of credit, as did our fans.

I take pride in the fact I saw many great European night at Tannadice, one which almost secured us a European Cup final

Despite the disappointment of losing so many cup finals, getting there was a great journey which brought me many happy days with my fellow Arabs.

"Heritage is the full range of our inherited traditions, monuments, objects, and culture. Most important, it is the range of contemporary activities, meanings, and behaviors that we draw from them. Heritage includes, but is much more than preserving, excavating, displaying, or restoring a collection of old things."

Reading the above, it sounds like a case of “me, me, me.”  I’m sure you don’t want everyone to think you only support your club in good times.  In the interest of avoiding people thinking you only turn up for the big games can you please confirm you have stood by United at their low points?  Specific events would also assist.

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Reading the above, it sounds like a case of “me, me, me.”  I’m sure you don’t want everyone to think you only support your club in good times.  In the interest of avoiding people thinking you only turn up for the big games can you please confirm you have stood by United at their low points?  Specific events would also assist.

Thank you.

Absolutely right!  If he doesn’t post corroborated evidence of attendance at every poor game we’ve had I just won’t believe him.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Absolutely right!  If he doesn’t post corroborated evidence of attendance at every poor game we’ve had I just won’t believe him.

Again, you’ve misunderstood.  I clearly didn’t mean every poor game but that would have be obvious to all I would have thought.  

In no way was I suggesting every poor game.  Clearly I didn’t mean anything before 1979 😉

11 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

f**k up, the only thing in your blood is high pressure you rotund wee ferret.

Mon the Dees.

Thank you.

Still not sobered up?  Mind you it might’ve best to stay drunk.

45 minutes ago, Wieghortsnut said:

You really are smugness personified. For all your success and history you boys only have one more trophy than us and we are a basket case of a club so its hardly an achievement pal

Why thank you, one try's one's best.  It is all part of football rivalry,try not to take me seriously as only having fun on a Derby weekend.😁

While we are on the topic of smugness.

I am old enough to remember the days when Dees would slag us for never having won a trophy. 

Then we did.  On their patch.

Then they sang "You won the league cup, we don't give a fcuk coz you'll never win it again".  But we did.  In spectacular fashion by humping you lot on your own patch.

Then it was you have never one the league.  Which we did, again in spectacular fashion.

Then it was we've never one the Scottish.  Which we did. 

Then it was fehv-four.  But we put that one to bed when we won the big eared jug again (apologies to Billy Dodds if you are looking in).

Now it is we are all dayglo mongrels from east Angus with no heritage.

I agree that we could possibly have had more trophies than we have, but that is football. But I also treasure being able to have seen what I have. 

I have also seen us relegated twice (I was at both the Celtic game at Tannadice and the Claude Whittington game) and countless losing finals so I actually have a bit of humility. 

Happy to buy you a beer after the match and talk the finer points of how shite both our teams are. 😁

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

This game sold out or is it possible to get tickets for the home end?

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

You are the worst sort of c**t.

I think it's because of this 'Dundee haters' alliance that St Johnstone fans have with United.

Fermers cheering on the DABs today. I know you don't do this Tam, it must make you sick.

8 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

On all known evidence we should win. My only concern is the fact that Dundee may be far more motivated for this than us.

Mark McGhee has pinned the article where Mark McGhee says Dundee are shite to the dressing room wall.