Cowdenbeath v The Binos

33 minutes ago, TheVoiceofReason said:

Guy stopped me in the leisure centre car park just before kickoff.  Cowden fan looking for the ground.  Had been away for many years, was back home for a wedding and this was his first game for over 30 years.  I did try to warn him...

It's in the same place as it was 30 years ago 😂

Poor game both teams were poor, regarding the disallowed goal, did not have a good view of it, looked in but I could be wrong. Will have to wait for the SATV highlights to see it again. Neither team deserved the points tbh. On this sort of form I fear for Cowdenbeath in the playoffs, lets hope I am proved wrong, would expect Bonnyrigg Rose to beat whatever team wins the Highland League. 

As for us the sooner this season finishes the better and for Darren Young to start rebuilding for HOPEFULLY our promotion to League 1 (Famous last words) 😀

Thought the referee was really good yesterday. Sadly he was the only one. Second half we tried to be more positive and  it opened the game up a bit. I was hoping our new signing from Cruden Bay would get a run, he looked good when he played against Stenhousemuir,  but  it seems like he will be out for four weeks

54 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Thought the referee was really good yesterday. Sadly he was the only one. Second half we tried to be more positive and  it opened the game up a bit. I was hoping our new signing from Cruden Bay would get a run, he looked good when he played against Stenhousemuir,  but  it seems like he will be out for four weeks

Aikamhenze won't be able to play in the Play Offs so that's him potentially out for the rest of the season. 

2 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Aikamhenze won't be able to play in the Play Offs so that's him potentially out for the rest of the season. 

The boys got something about him but as you say no point in playing him time to get a side right for the play off,

26 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

The manager should have been doing that weeks ago.
If we cannot find someone to put the ball in the net we are stumped.Still can’t believe we started a game with Robbie as our striker.

To be fair he will have been chopping and changing the side in recent weeks to try things out ahead of the play off games.

If you listen to his interview on BBTV you would have heard him say he has been watching Bonnyrigg a few times and had had Fraserburgh and Buckie watched a few times also.

42 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Why won't he be able to play in the playoffs is he injured?

Ineligible. Think sfa changed some rule...  about players playing in play offs if signed after a certain date. Another spfl or sfa weird one..

49 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Why won't he be able to play in the playoffs is he injured?

You have to be signed by 1st March to be eligible for play offs.

There was a complaint a few years ago when Cove signed Jimmy Scott after he left us, but the transfer window was closed for the L2 sides.

So this deal line was brought in for all 3 leagues.

9 minutes ago, NELLY 1 said:

Ineligible. Think sfa changed some rule...  about players playing in play offs if signed after a certain date. Another spfl or sfa weird one..

To be fair we probably voted for the change back then!

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

You have to be signed by 1st March to be eligible for play offs.

There was a complaint a few years ago when Cove signed Jimmy Scott after he left us, but the transfer window was closed for the L2 sides.

So this deal line was brought in for all 3 leagues.

Why did we sign him then? Surely you bring in someone who will be able to support our cause in the playoffs especially that late on where it was likely that's where we are headed unless there is some other rationale behind it.

Looks an excellent player. Hopefully If we win the playoffs he can be in our plans for next season.

11 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

Why did we sign him then? Surely you bring in someone who will be able to support our cause in the playoffs especially that late on where it was likely that's where we are headed unless there is some other rationale behind it.

Looks an excellent player. Hopefully If we win the playoffs he can be in our plans for next season.

He had been training with us for a while but due to a few things he couldn’t be signed earlier.

I imagine he was signed with a view to next season.