Cowdenbeath v The Binos

Could this be the last time we visit Central Park if Cowdenbeath finish 10th and lose Playoff games. ? 

Time will tell on that matter but its always a tough place to come and get points. Cowdenbeath will be hoping to get a win and keep them for the meantime in with a chance of avoiding 10th spot. 

For us lets hope we can get something from this game given our list of injuries etc, lets hope we can get together a decent squad for Saturday. 

Prediction Cowdenbeath 1 Binos 1  

May be wrong  but a feeling we will make a couple of changes and give a couple lads opportunities to play more minutes tomorrow and see if they can grasp that chance.

That's what it's all about now for us. Who is gonna step up and be in those 2 cup finals we have looming. If they dont take it no one to blame as manager has given everyone chances to impress.

Think thommo still injured.. maybe back in week or 2... 

15 hours ago, NELLY 1 said:

May be wrong  but a feeling we will make a couple of changes and give a couple lads opportunities to play more minutes tomorrow and see if they can grasp that chance.

That's what it's all about now for us. Who is gonna step up and be in those 2 cup finals we have looming. If they dont take it no one to blame as manager has given everyone chances to impress.

Think thommo still injured.. maybe back in week or 2... 

Has Maurice Ross been any good as a manager? I think ex players like him sometimes struggle at this level but I expected a bit more from him tbh.  Think he had useful experience at lower level in Norway maybe?

5 hours ago, TheVoiceofReason said:

Has Maurice Ross been any good as a manager? I think ex players like him sometimes struggle at this level but I expected a bit more from him tbh.  Think he had useful experience at lower level in Norway maybe?

He inherited an unbalanced squad.

Tried to redress it in the window with limited success.

We seem better organised under him and I would think we wouldn’t have been in our current position if he had been here at the start of the season.

Not a game which will live in the memory for both sets of fans.

Typical end of season bore score daw.

Sammy unlucky with his effort which skimmed the bar.

Good to see a decent amount of youngsters taking up the kids go free offer.

A dull end of season affair with a draw, probably being a fair result, however we scored and with the linesman not being up with play, the officials missed it, and we had a stonewall penalty also turned down, which kind of sums up officiating at this level.

Take nothing away from the two teams on the park, both were well organised and both huffed and puffed but neither had any real quality in creating clear cut chances or taking them, and the fact that both….ok, all 3, Goalkeepers didn’t really have a save to make.

Can’t really say much more about the game, wouldn’t have wanted to pick a Sponsors Man of the Match today, what I would say is that I suspect Cowdenbeath won’t be push overs when it comes to the Play Offs but they really need to find a way to unlock defences if they’ve to have any chance of being a League 2 side next season.

For us, only 4 more games to limp through.

Didn’t think the ball went in to be honest and don’t recall the so called penalty incident either.

One of the worst games I have been to in my puff.

This team can’t score goals and that’s why we are bottom. Thought we might try to go for it a bit more as the game went on. And if we did then it just shows how lacking we are. No urgency whatsoever.

Didn’t think the ball went in to be honest and don’t recall the so called penalty incident either.

Don’t want to get into a “did it or didn’t it debate” because you just end up going round in circles and ultimately it wasn’t given, but the angle I had in the stand, it was as clear as day to me. This video is on our Instagram account so I’ll let others decide, as I said, a draw was fair in my opinion

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cb2161HD53i/?utm_medium=copy_link

Don’t want to get into a “did it or didn’t it debate” because you just end up going round in circles and ultimately it wasn’t given, but the angle I had in the stand, it was as clear as day to me. This video is on our Instagram account so I’ll let others decide, as I said, a draw was fair in my opinion

My son thought it was in, I didn't see it well enough to say for sure.

First half was dreadful, 2nd a bit better.

6 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

My son thought it was in, I didn't see it well enough to say for sure.

First half was dreadful, 2nd a bit better.

Got a bit better second half but the whole game had the end of season dead rubber feel about it.

Not too bad a crowd as well highest in the division today and just short of the crowd at Ainslie Park last night.

Good we were able to keep a clean sheet not so good we couldn’t score.

Fair enough looking at that it looks likely it went in. I was sitting opposite the away dugout and it look a routine push on to the bar from there

One of the worst games I have been to in my puff.

This team can’t score goals and that’s why we are bottom. Thought we might try to go for it a bit more as the game went on. And if we did then it just shows how lacking we are. No urgency whatsoever.

Worst game I’ve seen for years, most have been like that this season.
I know it’s been mentioned before but surely we have someone who can take throw ins to our players.

Just now, wulliemc said:

Fair enough looking at that it looks likely it went in. I was sitting opposite the away dugout and it look a routine push on to the bar from there

I was just behind you and I wasn’t sure.

If it was in , not looked at the video yet, it wasn’t as bad as Bobby Barr’s disallowed goal against Albion Rovers that was a f**k up by the match officials.

1 minute ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Worst game I’ve seen for years, most have been like that this season.
I know it’s been mentioned before but surely we have someone who can take throw ins to our players.

Hardly a decent game over the last two seasons but that’s one of the worst I’ve seen in almost 50 years of watching.

My eyes are still sore.

What was the injury to Craig McDowall getting replaced in the 35th minute?

Seemed a strange one and it will probably take someone in the know to answer that because there was nothing obvious, and even when he went off, he didn’t appear to be any treatment given that we could see.

No goals, no football, few chances and a feeling of relief, from spectators and probably players as well, of thank heavens we got Saturday afternoon out of the way. Perhaps SPFL should introduce a fourth result of no points awarded for any matches masquerading as a game of football.

12 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Pretty inconclusive from that video bud. Don’t think the ref can give a goal if he’s not certain it crossed the line. 

14 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:
12 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:
I was just behind you and I wasn’t sure.
If it was in , not looked at the video yet, it wasn’t as bad as Bobby Barr’s disallowed goal against Albion Rovers that was a f**k up by the match officials.

No it wasn't

Wee Bobby Barr shoved the 6 foot odd goalie out the way 😀 he wasn’t even near him you seen that in the video and still photos.

Our photographer was right next to it and said the same and he was the closest to it apart from the players.

The ref was giving the goal as well it was the linesman who ruled it out.

Edited by cowdenbeath