Season 4: Episode 18

Hullo! Looking for some Friday night telly? Look no further.

Watch the show at 10:30pm on the BBC Scotland Channel, catch-up later on BBC iPlayer and feel free to tell us what you think on here.

Tonight’s show looks a bit like this:

This Is The News
- We start the show with a roundup of the biggest headlines spinning around Scottish football.

Social Media - Don't Quote Me On That 
- Social media can often be a weird and wonderful place. The comments section is another world. We take a deep dive into what supporters have been saying online.

How To Start A League - Fiona McIntyre   
- Fiona McIntyre, Head of Girls and Women's Football at the Scottish FA, joins us to discuss the challenges of building a new league and the growth of the women's game

Six Pointer  
- We preview some of the weekend's biggest ties. Cup finals and potential title deciders. It's going to be a massive few days.

The Banker
- Joel returns and joins Fowler and Shaughan as they once again take on Telfer in the quest of the Lone Wolf Trophy.

In the 'Wee Films', we tell the remarkable story of Hibs fans and their support of Ukrainian orphanages that began with a UEFA Cup tie 17 years ago, we meet the man who has been driving the St Johnstone team bus for over 30 years and we revisit the Dundee derby which saw Dundee United get relegated. 

So, what Scottish football headlines got you thinking this week, who do you think will win the weekend's six pointers and come next week, who do you think will be leading the chase in The Banker?

See you tonight!

DSCF4024.jpg

Was the language thing for saying “bitch”?

6 pointer bit - our ship is still sailing but while we may limp into the play-offs in 4th, we are absolutely shite at the play-offs and if we ever get through them, it’ll be after finishing 2nd. Let’s fry that diddy cup 🏆 trophy.

Every single one of those ‘ground hoppers’ hard drives should be checked immediately.

Has anyone on here done the full 42 spfl stadiums? Me and a mate are going to do some of the ones we haven’t been to yet over the next few seasons.

10 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Has anyone on here done the full 42 spfl stadiums? Me and a mate are going to do some of the ones we haven’t been to yet over the next few seasons.

Know a guy from Perth who i believe has done the 42 or isn't far off. 

There's a great book called Europe United, basically a guy does groundhopping around europe. Goes and sees a match in every UEFA nation. 

Know a guy from Perth who i believe has done the 42 or isn't far off. 

There's a great book called Europe United, basically a guy does groundhopping around europe. Goes and sees a match in every UEFA nation. 

That would be quite cool actually. I’d really like to go a game in Germany.

5 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

That would be quite cool actually. I’d really like to go a game in Germany.

Aye, the book is really good, he doesn't usually go to the 'Big' team, often goes to watch lower league/regional sides, worth a read.

And yeah,i'm the same, would love to go a game in Germany. A Union Berlin game would be epic. 

Currently sitting at 20, including Hampden park.

Every ground in Perthshire ticked off too but I wouldn’t really go out my way to go to a fixture.

That was episode 19, wasn’t it?

Should have just let us create the topics on here. Lazy hoors.

Where did they find the random unshaven Hibbee in a tracksuit?

I like the idea of ticking off the 42 SPFL grounds but i’m still about 10 short. However, the idea of getting on a 50 seater bus and doing several obscure non-league grounds in a day, sounds like my idea of hell.

Kudos to Joel on guessing Montrose v Airdrie would finish 2 v 2. 

On 09/04/2022 at 10:01, buchan30 said:

For me, it’s about seeing Rovers play in each of the 42 grounds. Harder now, as teams whose ground I had been to (Brechin, Clydebank, Meadowbank) get relegated or go bust (or rather get taken over by Airdrie/Livi) and other teams (Falkirk, Accies, St Mirren) get new grounds. 

Before the Covid thing, I was trying to pick off a couple a season. I’ve still not been to a game at Inverness CT’s stadium. I was sitting in the Bevy Park waiting to get on a bus to the Scottish Cup QF back in March 2015, only to be told the game was off due to a waterlogged pitch. Next season I’ll try and pick off another two.

Edited by Scary Bear