Dave's Pentagon Challenge

Dave

April 2025

Another busy month in Bahrain. Two Premier League games to seal the title, the re-arranged dead rubber FA Cup match, and two more ACC group games with one more win all but securing my place in the next round. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7aa95e041c07c271cda62b10d043f96b.png

So far, so good. Very good, in fact. I did say at the end of March that performances were starting to pick up and that has definitely been the case. Al-Isa is in incredible form up top but I'm getting a lot of goals from almost every position. It's great to see. Next stage of the ACC confirmed with a game to spare. 

I've cut it there as we are just about to go into the last game of the Premier League season. It's not really a 'Helicopter Sunday' though, as although it is not mathematically over in terms of points scored, it is realistically over in terms of the tie-break decider of goal difference. 

image.png.b7a3c4a554dd64f49686e6900d77d540.png

Despite the fact I have just lost my first choice goalkeeper to injury for 4-6 weeks, I still don't expect to be on the wrong end of a 17 goal swing 😂 we play Manama while Muharraq play East Riffa...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.acebd266cb5e8c457bbf0573646263bf.png

Never in doubt as we make it back to back league titles. Loving that assists rankings list, but I think having looked at this page for the first time in a long time I'm going to have to check out Sameer Madan in the transfer window...

May 2025

Asian Confederation Cup

The last ACC group game went the way of the rest of them, with a comprehensive 4-1 victory away to Al-Wathba of Syria, which completed a 100% record in the group and qualification into the next round. 

image.thumb.png.da357494edea312442d41afc57ece597.png 

So into the West Asian Zone Semi Final playoffs I go, and I have been drawn against Fahaheel of the Kuwait First Division, the 67th ranked league in Asia! Not even a premier league team at this stage, which seems incredible. Granted they also didn't lose a game in the groups, but I've got to be confident again of making the final and either a rematch with a team I've already pumped twice or Wehdat who are 1st in the Jordanian Premier League, but that league is lower ranked than Bahrain as well. Might actually have a nice wee run in this tournament. 

I fired off job applications to a number of teams in South Korea, Australia, Qatar and a couple other bigger leagues in the hope of moving on to a bigger club and progressing my career. However all but a team in Uzbekistan rejected me, and their squad registration rules are even more ridiculous than Bahrain so I've signed another one year contract and finally got the green light from the board to work towards a coaching qualification. So one more year in the desert.

I said in my previous post that I was going to have a look at Sameer Madan of rivals Muharraq and decided to pull the trigger and get a deal in place to bring him in when the window opens in October. A domestic, 16 year old, 5 star potential striker who has already finished as top goalscorer in the league and swept every player of the year award, a no brainer to part with £55k still burning a hole in my pocket from this seasons transfer budget. Will be moving a couple of attacking players on to make sure he gets the game time he needs, and now the focus is on defensive reinforcements. 

image.thumb.png.9e3174a1c451247308c8aeacbdb993bb.png

May 2025 pt. 2

The ACC West Asian Zone Semi Final is the last bit of action of the 24/25 season, as the next round is scheduled for September. The opponents are Fahaheel of Kuwait, as previously mentioned they are in the Kuwait First Division but unlike my previous continental opponents they are top of their domestic league and by some margin, so while I still expect to progress this could be a potential banana skin. 

Spoiler

image.png.82a9e9a55ff87750ab42c1ab1cc48e57.png

It certainly looked like it could be a banana skin effort, just getting away with a draw in the away leg. Ridiculously wasteful up front. So into the home leg with all the pre-match build up indicating it should be a comfortable home win...

image.png.9e18f781cc5c5f5f08b8a5144006137f.png

And thankfully it was. So into the ACC West Asian Zone Final, and my opponents are Al-Wethba who I beat 4-0 and 4-1 in the group stages. No reason to believe it shouldn't be another easy couple of victories for Busaiteen and progress to the next stage. 

• 3 weeks later...

August - September 2025

Been a while since I've been back here for an update (I genuinely spent about four days last week completely drunk/hungover thanks to the mighty Queen's Park and the heroic playoff final victory, and work has got in the way since) but I have managed to get back on this week and pick the game up. Partly because I think I'm going to have to send my laptop away for repairs to the screen so I will be totally offline while that happens in the coming week or two.

The beginning of each season in Bahrain is pretty much all about the cups, with the FA Cup draw plus rounds 1 & 2, and my first game in the Kings Cup. Thrown in for good measure is the first Premier League game of the season, and the all important Asian Confederation Cup West Asian Zone Final. A busy month with 7 games to get things going. 

In the FA Cup, I was apparently one of the seeded teams in the tournament. However it's done me absolutely no favours as the group contains my Busaiteen side, Muharraq, Manama and East Riffa. As you will see from the post at the top of this page, these are the teams that finished 1st-4th in the Premier League, so the draw really couldn't have any worse. Add in the fact the database doesn't do the cup properly, and I'm playing these teams repeatedly for the first five rounds, and it throws up plenty of chances to f**k it. So, did we f**k it in round one?...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.590e8e4addd21911db27b7f8d970f3f5.png

We did not, so far so good. It was close in the East Riffa game, however I sent the reserves out for that as the next game up was the first leg of the ACC West Asian Zone Final and I wanted to keep the first XI as fresh as possible. 

So, into the massive game against Al-Wathba we go. We are drawn at home in the first leg, and get a record crowd of 15,709. Just a shame that 14,001 of them were away fans 😂 did we let them affect us?

Spoiler

image.png.760963f41859f8788ca5849415c56062.png

We did not. A very tight affair though, nothing like the group games where I scudded them both legs. I was a bit concerned about the second leg after this performance...

image.png.2786cfec8de8835407352d0bdd097735.png

But despite being second best on the day, we get a draw and we are through to the Asian Confederation Cup Final proper! Musab Omar, who is my first (and currently only) choice left back being forced into a left wing role due to suspension to Al-Khatal, and he came up with the goods when it was so badly needed. 

In between the Al-Wathba games we had the first league game, which was an expected 4-1 victory of newly promoted Al-Najma, who I am also just about to play in the Kings Cup Eighth Round Final to finish September.

So a hectic month draws to a close. In amongst the action on the field, I have also been busy off it getting the transfer dealings sorted in time for the window opening in October. Transfer dealings to follow. 

Edited by Dave

Transfers 25/26

There has only been one notable departure from the club this offseason, with Zackariah Mohammed going to Al-Taee in the Saudi First Division. While I could have done with keeping him around, he wasn't performing as well as I'd hoped, he was taking up a foreign player spot and was my highest earner, so in the end the decision was made to let him go. Also leaving the club were a handful of youth jobbers that would never get a game for me, Jassim Ayyash who while being a useful player for me at times wasn't getting any younger and wanted to leave for more football, and Yahya Ahmed who I sent packing to some mob in Yemen after he started skipping training. 

So far there are four new faces coming to Busaiteen when the window opens. I mentioned Sameer Madan previously and am very much looking forward to his arrival, particularly as I lost starting RW Ahmed Maher to a broken leg for 6 months in the first game of the season against Manama 😭.

Edmundo Alberto joins from East Riffa for £10k and he is a player I have been watching ever since he signed with them 18 months ago. A big, strong centre half with excellent mental attributes and enough physical attributes to get by in this league, only 18 years old and once again ticking that final box of an obscure nation to get my heart racing. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5c0ef2ba7823ba1170cc55f7e695c2d3.png

Hussain Jameel will be joining from Manama for £5.75k will be left back and centre half (in case of a real emergency) cover. I've really struggled to find a domestic left back and he is the best of a bad bunch. Not expecting much from him but he's accepted a backup role so I'm not going to complain too much. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7fa49a96172cd60b4ce2c930d595bbb0.png

And finally Moussa Ballo is a free agent signing and will challenging Musab Omar for the starting position at LB. Looks like a solid player for this level and being able to play LW will also come in handy as the season goes on. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e156f9c68c8a46aa535089ab3bf94e77.png

October 2025 pt. 1

1724763341_WhatsAppImage2022-05-27at10_15_21PM.thumb.jpeg.805c181dfe16ede7e7b8c1cd7126d1bc.jpeg

Could you imagine Rangers or Celtic playing two domestic games in the same week before a continental final? Bahrain FA doing me absolutely no favours here.

I've got the three games of the FA Cup Second Round to play before the big Asian Confederation Cup Final against Yokohama F. Marinos of Japan. They are currently 7th in the J-League and absolutely miles ahead of my team in every aspect. Add in the fact I haven't been able to register any of my new signings and I can't see anything other than a Yokohama victory here unfortunately. But we'll see how it goes...

image.thumb.png.60ef173bf10d6a793d180161bf7da288.png

Not a great set of results here, partly due to resting every first XI player in the Manama game and not taking the chances we created with former superstar striker Salman Jameel missing at least four sitters.

Up next, the long awaited ACC final...

October 2025 pt. 2

ACC Final

Spoiler

image.png.8044b7110806cf48713a9fce7e8590e8.png

Well, it's not going too well so far. One effort on goal and it was correctly ruled out for offside. Not got much to change it with on the bench so will see what can be done.

Into the second half though, and there has been another early goal in the half!

Spoiler

image.png.01fefade52b338b6be2b863aafa7e470.png

But it's not for me. Game over. Will go ultra attacking and thrown on a couple of the youth players to see what they can do. My only right winger Wang Jiahao putting in a 6.2 in a cup final, that's an incoming two week fine for him. 

Unless...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1c27c7e552383a6534a0fc24f86e0804.png

We couldn't, could we?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2dd5040d6490d6e9580710773aaeff11.png 

miguel herrera mexico nt GIF

image.thumb.png.7a9751b673e63df0d2a26332fe95fe48.png

Into extra time...

Spoiler

And there's a red card for Yokohama! About 20 minutes to play with a man advantage. I have no more subs to make and everyone apart from the recent subs are absolutely blowing out their hoops. What can we do with this?

Spoiler

Nothing. After an incredible 120 minutes, it goes to penalties...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.58d3743fe9144df951c4c36b1fb8fb80.png

But it ends in heartbreak for the underdogs from Bahrain, as Yokohama F Marinos lift the Asian Confederation Cup. An amazing comeback from 3-0 down but it wasn't to be. 

• 2 months later...

It's been a long time, but I am now back! Laptop was away for repairs for a couple weeks, and then I had been having issues with the Gamepass for PC app for the last month that meant I couldn't even load the game. Took the plunge and just bought it to have on Steam, so let's get a quick recap of where we are.

I'm just going to bring everything right up to date, because I did play for a while without posting here before my laptop died, so here we go.

October 2025 - April 2026

image.thumb.png.ef7f1c7d570d5285d1c1d47d89bdf5d1.png

image.thumb.png.c7bdfefc5b34f88117db6c3d252c2c93.png

image.thumb.png.c7bdfefc5b34f88117db6c3d252c2c93.png

Domestically, it has been an absolute demolition of everyone who stood in my way. Quadruple secured for the first time. However I am STILL stuck in Bahrain as even the clubs (couple in Iran and the bottom end of the Qatari league which are some of the top leagues in Asia) that were coming to me and offering me a job interview were still rejecting me. So I have signed another years contract in Bahrain, however I have finally been allowed to do a B Licence and I hope that will allow me to move on soon. 

Three games in the ACC group to go along with two meaningless Premier League games to finish the season. 

image.png

• 4 weeks later...

April 26 - August 26

The aforementioned Premier League games were a simple walkover even with my reserves out, and I won the last three group games that sent me through to the West Asian Zone Playoff final against Al-Quwa Al-Jawiya of Iran. I won the home leg 2-1, but lost the away leg 1-0 so was eliminated on away goals. 

On 29/07/2022 at 23:53, Dave said:

However I am STILL stuck in Bahrain as even the clubs (couple in Iran and the bottom end of the Qatari league which are some of the top leagues in Asia) that were coming to me and offering me a job interview were still rejecting me. So I have signed another years contract in Bahrain, however I have finally been allowed to do a B Licence and I hope that will allow me to move on soon. 

But the above was still annoying me. I really can't do any more at Busaiteen, and I want to move on and get a chance at a bigger club and league. But as I was still continuing to be rejected by every team I interviewed for, as well as beginning to get a reputation of being a wee hoor trying to get every and any job while still employed, I decided it was time to rip the band-aid and I resigned from Busaiteen Sports Club after an incredible 8 trophies in 3 years. 

I continued to apply for jobs and, finally, mercifully, I have been given a shot at one of the top leagues in Asia...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6a051aeced84089ab80de1b97b95ec40.png

It's not going to be easy, but I have job in the K-League! Time to see what my team is all about and what I can do to save the season. I did it in Bahrain in my very first season with only 5 games, so anything is possible here.

Time to meet the club and the team...

So here we go, Suwon FC of the K-League 1

Club crest

Located in the city of Suwon in the North West of South Korea, the "Dashers" were actually founded by the city government as a semi-pro club in 2003 before turning professional in 2012. Wikipedia lists the chairman of the club as the Mayor of Suwon, so if you're elected to office here you get a city and a football club to play with, not bad. 

A big fan of this sentence from Wiki: 
"In the second round of the 2020 Hana Bank FA Cup between Suwon FC and Gwangju Seo-gu Hyo-chang FC at Suwon Stadium on the afternoon of the 6th (Korea time), the team completed a 10-0, a rare victory in professional football. It was the most perfect victory in this round"

image.thumb.png.26a184ec313c91efc190f7b275f21131.png

We currently sit 11th and there are 11 more games to be played in the season. It's pretty tight at the bottom though, easy to say right now the aim is 9th and take it from there. Suwon finished 5th last season, so clearly got the potential to improve.

Lets have a look at my current squad who are hoping to get a few more perfect victories under their belts...

image.thumb.png.7a5923d01b9d84da8081d6b6098d061d.png

image.thumb.png.2a160ca503a541d4cb939de8e481bcd1.png

So I do have a transfer budget of £1m, but I am yet to even check and see when the window is open. Going to take some time to have a look at these players and see who is staying and who is getting shipped out. The South Korean GK only policy is clearly a cause for concern right now, as well as getting a bit better depth at CM and CB. But the goalkeeper issue might not be a long term one, because here's another message I've received just as I get my foot in the door...

image.thumb.png.a8b4479ff80b6079a69f050a3bf99edb.png

🤩

Aug 26 - Sept 26

So it turns out that you get a split in the K-League just like the SPFL, so here's an update of the league as of the beginning of the split.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.87c66eb4a26ec10024191d033065956f.png

image.thumb.png.e82d61f553af8e9cc5f94a45340f5a2a.png

My first game in charge was the game highlighted in purple, against Pohang who at the time were in 1st place and it took a 93rd minute equaliser from them to keep me from a debut victory. A very good run since joining the club though, with big victories over Gangwon and Suwon allowing me to leapfrog them into 9th place. Fully believe if I'd joined a little bit sooner I could have caught up to the top 6 but that's the aim for next season. 

The youth intake came in at the end of September, and while it wasn't quite the excellent intake that was predicted, there are still a few players there that will come in handy. If I can develop the goalkeeper into the 3.5* potential stated he'll be more than good enough for this league. 

image.thumb.png.c351c167937c2ce179bffa6ba187365b.png

The transfer window opens in January, and I have already started making moves due to some of my major players having their heads turned. Finnish international Urho Nissila has been the subject of a crazy amount of bids, but they have all been absolutely shocking and nowhere near his agreed asking price of £1.2m. I also have a young Brazilian who has been injured since I joined, and was hoping that he could replace Nissila if he left, but he too is wanting out. 

So with two midfielders on their way out, I needed two in. So I went back to Busaiteen and paid three times the release clause for Edmundo Alberto as a favour to my old club... and the fact it was still only a £50k transfer. And I have also scouted and agreed a contract for free agent Ben Soumahoro, another young CB/CDM with decent potential. I am going to save my final foreign player slot for a top quality left mid and then look at the domestic market to replace ageing players who I am not renewing.

image.thumb.png.81fe5bdc722739eac3e311d2b378d926.png

image.thumb.png.59657746101525d14b67b7e013404ea6.png

October 26 - November 26

image.thumb.png.99a0fd5a85974fef418c1aac610fd7aa.png

Continued my excellent run into the split fixtures and comfortably saw out the season. A great turnaround since I came in, joined the club in 11th place on 23 points and finished 9th on 46 points. 

image.thumb.png.d60a53d93180eb4c06fd6b38c85ca570.png

Time to get stuck into the transfer window and prepare for a push back into the top half of the K-League next season. Unfortunately having to go back to looking for another defender, as one of my best young players Park Je-Ho has been called up for his military service so I'm losing him for 18 months 😭 forgot that this was a thing in South Korea, and hopefully won't take any more of my promising players any time soon. 

Edited by Dave

And the first potentially huge signing of the window is confirmed... 

I offered this guy a contract after popping up in my scouting recommendations. He was certainly attracting a lot of interest...

1140752291_WhatsAppImage2022-08-31at23_11_05.thumb.jpeg.15136c73c0e1600c07232589e0e2b8b6.jpeg

...and it turns out that Suwon FC are MASSIVE.

2095435642_WhatsAppImage2022-09-01at10_41_57.thumb.jpeg.c7757c731c16569abfe2c5d7ae23bfd5.jpeg

If he's anywhere near as good as that interest suggests then that non-negotiable release clause is going to be a real pain in the hoop, but delighted to secure that signature there. Going to be the highest earner at the club, but 34 year old Modou Barrow is only just behind him on that front, and he's getting sold as he's been shite for me and went in a huff when I told him so after two 6.2 performances in a row. So not even breaking the bank in that regard either. 

2026 Transfer Window

I was going to wait until the end of March 26 and the window shutting to post an update, but it's been a pretty active window so this will be a big post, and I've just had a bit of a bombshell dropped on me that has actually made me consider leaving Suwon FC already. 

Players out

image.thumb.png.6adb5743456644a82373df288c26c3b7.png

There were a number of pointless backup/reserve players sold for whatever I could get for them, basically everyone sold for £50k and less was max 2 stars ability and nowhere near getting into my team. Alessandro Lopane and Lee Ji-Sol were actual rotation options, but they wanted to leave so not standing in their way.

Nattakit Butsing was my best striker last year by a distance, scored plenty when I came in, and unfortunately attracted the attention of some bigger clubs in Japan. I kept rejecting every offer as I was intent on keeping him, but the board eventually accepted an offer for £4.2m, given he was signed for £1.5m the season it's good business by the club but weakened me significantly. 

Urho Nissila was again one of my best midfielders last season, but he wanted to leave to play in the Asian Champions League, and then signed for a team that isn't in the Asian Champions League 🤷‍♂️. I didn't want to sell Kamel Hmeisheh as he was pretty solid, but I kind of messed up looking at the squad registration rules and therefore he had to go in order to allow all of my new signings to come in. Modou Barrow was shite and I was happy to get rid of him. 

Park Je-Ho is one of my best youth prospects at the moment in defence, but he has been called up for his mandatory military service and sent to Gimcheon on loan for 18 months. Apparently his contract will have 18 months added to it to make up for it, but still annoyed that I've lost him for that length of time.

And lastly, not listed here yet but soon to be leaving is my best right winger Lee Young-Woong, who I just gave a new contract to in order to fend off competition for his signature from Japan. The board have stepped in and accepted a bid of only £900k for him on my behalf, and when I told them I wanted them to reconsider they told me to bolt. Incredibly annoyed at this. Here is Lee Young-Woong for reference.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f644bd826827c8cba1c87f157ad2a439.png

Players in

image.png.64375ff9ccfeeb6d0b767846f1d939d1.png

I posted Edmundo Alberto and Ben Soumahoro above so won't repost them here.

Park Dong-Hyuk was a transfer that was arranged before my arrival. Looks like an alright prospect and a suitable rotation option when called upon. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.dd16fccea90cb5e64de679a2cf444ea5.png

David Tavares Fernandes is the big one. Can play in any midfield role I need him to, and going by the stats he is one of the best players in the league. I doubt I'll keep a hold of him for more than one season but he should be vital to any success I have this year. Off to a good start already with two assists in two games. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.37d9857153c5c7e0dcd27d790cd7ed4e.png

After the Fernandes signing, I'd hit the maximum of foreign players allowed in the squad (however I do have space for one more Southeast Asian player) so I had to start focusing on South Korean talent. And unfortunately with Suwon FC's current standing in the league, it was difficult to get some of the players I was after, so I mainly focused on young players promising them plenty of playing time and release clauses. 

Lee Jin-Ho goes straight into the starting lineup at CB and big things are expected of him. He'll be playing every single week barring suspension or injury. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3b8f76cdf47b7b63fd49caed6cb8c8b5.png

Losing Butsing and Barrow meant I had a real lack of options upfront and on the wings. And all of the best domestic talent in those positions seem to already have a contract with Pohang Steelers who have a phenomenal youth academy. So far I have signed three attackers who are all straight into the lineup, but with the above mentioned loss of Young-Woong I'm going to have to sign at least one more, maybe even two. Thankfully, these next three signings have all hit the ground running. 

Lee Min-Chul is my new starting AML, a bit of work to do technically but I'm hoping with a lot of games he'll improve naturally. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.da2124f8cc6c79c63b032486f2ca9c8a.png

I chased An Seong-Hyeon for ages during the offseason, and despite upping my contract offer for him he chose to sign on again with Pohang. However, I was able to get him on loan for the season with an optional future fee, which I think I've already decided I will be doing at the end of the year. He is currently the starting ST.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6dac106a6ea0683d1e5d67db6b4fbfd6.png

Lee Jin-Hyuk is... raw... to say the least. If he can improve then he could be an absolute gem but will have to take the rough with the smooth. For now, he is the starting AMR.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8941950c22aec7ef00533901b6b1f4e6.png

And finally, Noh Ji-*** is a backup goalkeeper option. My current keeper did well towards the end of last season so he is the started for now, and Noh is the backup until my youth prospect keeper turns 17 and can sign a professional contract, then he's out of here. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e8baf61a2b8068cb884a6f9cbdf4e7b8.png

So a very busy window which hasn't finished yet due to the board selling players out from under me. Twice already this window, there isn't any interest in any other key player at this moment but if it happens again then I'm quitting 😂

Edited by Dave

March 2027

So the transfer window has now slammed shut. The excellent news is that Lee Young-Woong, who the board accepted an insulting £900k offer from city rivals Suwon on my behalf, rejected the contract with them and chose to stay at Suwon FC. The new contract I'd given him to increase his foreign release clause coming in handy for the domestic market there, delighted with this.

A few other jobbers left as well, one permanently and three youngsters on loan to my affiliate club Incheon Majang. There were also two names incoming, both at striker, one as a depth option and one who was given the #9 jersey.

Kang Min-Gyu is the backup option, only cost me £7k and can even cover in defence if required. Can't complain given the money involved to sign him.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9d7ed9e863918440de75bb96d74b3d42.png

Pham Duc Anh comes in with the intention of becoming the new starting striker, but he's going to have to displace An Seong-Hyeon first. He takes up the final foreign slot in my squad for the season and it was close between him and a couple of promising Thai talents, but hopefully I've chosen wisely.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.45175e84fad78d7d856b805ce24bbbb2.png

As well as the transfer window closing, we also had the league campaign starting with six games crammed into the first three weeks before an international break. We also had a few injuries to big players in preseason, including Murilo and the new keeper Noh. But it didn't matter too much...

image.png.18ad689494d12ea48566a81d99d89f2c.png

An excellent start to the season, completely incapable of keeping a clean sheet but as long as we keep scoring goals I'll take it. David Fernandes with 4 goals and 5 assists in his first 6 games, certified baller. Fully expect him to be the subject of interest during the midseason window. Also delighted that the new South Korean front 3 that I signed in my previous post have all scored already and put in good performances. With Lee Young-Woong staying though, definitely a little bit top heavy now...

April & May 2026

image.thumb.png.5b49b37b29a0c1caf7beb8570b6d65a2.png

Very few complaints about this superb start to the season. After complaining in March that we couldn't keep a clean sheet we then went on to keep 5 in a row in April, although that run was ended with our first loss of the season. The FA Cup Third Round win over Hwaseong was annoying because it went all the way to extra time, we dominated them but couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. New #9 Pham Duc Anh is taking his time to settle in, a long goal drought before scoring the winner in the last game against Seoul. 

As you would expect, this run has us right up at the top of the league table. But despite pumping them 4-0 already this season, I am trailing Pohang Steelers in 2nd place. The aim from the board this season was purely to avoid relegation, and next year to secure a top half finish, so to be where we are just now is excellent. 

image.thumb.png.8042d3b3c6b2ba2eb8122396f34ac61a.png

The transfer window opens at the end of June for a month so will begin looking at reinforcements shortly. I have already agreed a deal to make the loan of An Seong-Hyeon permanent which is very good news for Suwon FC, he might be taking the #9 jersey of Pham Duc Anh if he keeps up his current form of averaging a goal every two games. 

June 2026

image.thumb.png.974f2d0981ec0401d8cd00c39587941b.png

Another very good month. The loss against Gyeongnam is one of two results that stand out, but I went down to 10 men in the 3rd minute and didn't register a single shot on goal the entire game for I think the first time ever in my time playing FM. The other result that stands out is completing the double over Pohang in spectacular fashion. Seven goals scored one conceded against the league leaders. Had a right good FM moment against them though, as one of my most recently scouted players scored his first ever goal against me 😂 hate it when it does that. 

image.thumb.png.fa041de24095ed283705a78166437ddc.png

Despite doing the double over Pohang, as mentioned above I remain in 2nd place but the title race is very much on. The transfer window is now open and I've got £2m to play with, going to see what I can do to improve the squad, could do with a quality left back and a back-up left mid, and will see what else is out there. 

July 26 - August 26

image.thumb.png.9674e6a03bcd185961e21f093891a70a.png

The incredible run of form continues. We just keep scoring goals. Murilo has been incredible, 32 years old but having his best season of his career in every measurable category. And An Seong-Hyeon proving he was well worth the hassle to firstly tap him up, then secure on loan, and to have already paid the £1.3m to make it permanent at the end of this season. Had a late goal disallowed in the last game against Pohang which was disappointing, but due to them dropping points in the last two months we are currently top of the league as we approach the end of the season and the split. 

image.thumb.png.c4229647e1673cbbfcbd67dd015cb5f6.png

The summer transfer window closed at the end of July, and in total three players came in and four left. Of the four that left, only one was worth mentioning. Iman Salimi was one of my better defenders but a good offer came in from a club in UAE, so off he went for £800k. And with that the youth revolution continues, as I am now down to only four players aged over 26.

Stephen Adelson has came in to replace Iman Salimi. Added bonus of also being able to play right back, and I'm going to see if he can improve at left back to provide cover right across the back. Not off to the greatest of starts to be honest, but plenty of time for him to improve.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3b0c21833ffdb8afec1b9730b0fa1c04.png

Park Jae-Hyeok joins as a depth option at AML. He only cost £8.5k, at that price it was almost rude not to. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.46e6fc5d8ec337085a4e1197a685695c.png

And finally, the big signing of the summer window was Chiu Wing Kin who is my third signing this season from title rivals Pohang. Has South Korean second nationality so doesn't count towards any squad registration rules, and he looks like a player. Unlike Adelson, he's off to a pretty good start for me. And it allows me to use either Edmundo Alberto or Ben Soumahoro (currently out injured long term) in central defence instead of midfield. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2ca842b178ae490a4b15fc2e35700252.png

So I am still missing that quality left back, but my youth candidates will appear in September and although the initial report wasn't promising overall, it did state that their could be one A+ candidate at the fullback position. Everything crossed it's a left back...

September 27

image.thumb.png.54b0e29551cf7a9eed89aaed75353bac.png

The 3-2 defeat to city rivals Suwon was just one of those games which thankfully haven't come around all too often, both teams evenly matched in every category but they scored twice in 2 mins late in the second half to get the win. Otherwise though, we continue our march to the league title. Pohang have continued to drop points, and with that final regular season game against Jeonbuk we head into the split, a superb six point lead over Pohang with five games to go. 

image.thumb.png.da3eb4c4c515e7bbe35a7c8cfebb1932.png

The 5-0 win over Seoul sets up a two legged FA Cup Final against the aforementioned Suwon, which thankfully is played after the last game of the league. If (big if still) I manage to do it, then I'll be resting all of the key starters prior to those games. 

Murilo continues to absolutely dominate the league. Moving him to a CM(A) role has brought him to life, as you can see by looking at his career stats here. Coming alive at age 32. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.91c6e38755497bfa6c7040cbae0aa936.png

2027 Split pt. 1

Spoiler

image.png.ca23e763d47c66a2a78fd8b31ecfe8df.png

image.thumb.png.7fe59b3564a8bb56933313a5a99bb3ab.png

Due to Pohang playing in the ACL Semi Final, they haven't actually played a game in the split yet. But they're about to play their first, and then have three games in the space of a week... I have one hand on the trophy already.

image.thumb.png.ec6d17661ab3f7613090bbb3eeb9b416.png

Edited by Dave