Tenerife

Ylf

Going to las americas in Tenerife at the end of July for the first time anything you would recommend doing? Mrs wants to go to Siam park and I would like to go on a boat trip. Any decent bars restaurants you’d recommend thanks

Was there last month and the answer is it depends on what you're into really. It's a large area with all kinds of restaurants, bars beaches, activities etc. If you're into a bit of Bawdy Glaswegian humour i'd recommend going to see Billy Porter in Lady Di's in Las Americas, he's got a residency in there three nights a week and is a good laugh, assuming you don't offend easy. You need to book a meal to get an inside seat, the food in there is decent pub grub.

All kinds of boat trips too. Everything from a booze cruise full of over a hundred teenagers with the music blasting or a small whale watching trip with a dozen other passengers. We opted for the latter on Opera 60 and it was decent, meal and all drinks included, would recommend.

36 minutes ago, Ylf said:

Going to las americas in Tenerife at the end of July for the first time anything you would recommend doing? Mrs wants to go to Siam park and I would like to go on a boat trip. Any decent bars restaurants you’d recommend thanks

Siam Park well worth a visit. Get up to Los Christianos for the Mongolian Barbecue. You will not be disappointed with that. 

One of the things the mrs and I love about Spain is the Jamon Serrano, there is a place in Los Cristianos that does some of the best Serrano and small plate food ive ever had, not cheap but it was incredible. Its called Jamon y Mojo and is one street back from the sea front. Also in Los Cristianos is Panna Cioccolato which was one of the best Gelato places ive ever visited. 
We went to aqualand which tbh was shit and the food was overpriced (and not great), go to Siam instead. 

I was in the Mongolian last week. It had been shut until recently but is back up to standard, I think Fortuna is better though.

It'll be a bit early for a Marino home game I think in July, but spend the days like the locals, drinking and watching football on the telly.

On 04/04/2022 at 18:11, Lyle Lanley said:

Get a tour book to visit Mount Teide. 

Teide is a must visit. Well remember the altitude effect when u got off the cable car at the top. Literally takes your breath away😄

Would definitely recommend a hire car. The drive along the ridge that runs past Teide and up the centre of the island is spectacular. Fantastic views down to the ocean on either side.

Loro Parque and Puerto de la Cruz is a nice day trip. Totally different vegetation and scenery on that side of the island.

• 4 months later...