St Johnstone vs Livingston - 2 April 2022

Agree on Crawford @PauloPerth but without going all Danny Grifin, I'd happily not see Ciftci ever again.  Crawford covered a load of ground and seems to have had an attitude shift. Ciftci would do well to learn from it. Muzz doing Muzz things is a joy to watch.

Where would we be if Hendry hasn't returned. Absolute warrior. CD very lucky how that's turned out.

Clancy needs to be taken out back... Absolute shocking, yet again from him. Genuinely inexcusable. 

His f**k ups today could easily cost us 500k-2m. 

Martindale also at fault though, shocking set up and Kelly?! Ffs. Forrest needs binned ASAP, get him gone. He spends the game trying to score 25-30 yarders to get a few extra hundred pound on his wage elsewhere

Edited by ATLIS

I was 90 odd yards from the Livi penalty claim and it was as clear as day.

Some of the decisions by Clancy and Co were absolutely mind boggling. I'd be absolutely seething if I was a Livi fan.

Thankfully I'm a follower of the back to back cup double winning champions and not a peasant from some shity new town with zero redeeming qualities.

Seeing livi fans crying about the ref is hysterical considering they should have been down to 8 (possibly 7 if Pittman had been booked for every 5 fouls…) maybe it was a hand ball but the worst decision was to let penrice off with what even back in the 70’s was a red.

Crawford outstanding as was Murray and Rooney. Hallberg ok in flashes but disappeared at points.

Callum Hendry is like a new player from what we had at the start of the year.

Ciftci better but still miles off good enough! 

As for Walter white in the away dugout - he has a team like he is - indisciplined and dangerous

1 hour ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Livingston had all the ball but did they create a real clear chance bar the header in the 93rd minute?

Our penalty looked clear but that penalty shout for Livi was surely a stonewaller.

Sums up what i was going to post, no complaints with St Johnstone pen, silly challenge by Fitzwater elbowing their player in the face, but equally blatant hand ball by St Johnstone should've seen us getting a pen. Draw would've been fair, neither team was great creating clear chances in open play, we're really light up front for a goal scorer. 

Nouble causes problems and gets fouled just about every time he's on the ball, but because he's powerful enough to keep going the ref lets play go/ignores him being fouled, finally got a foul when Davidson chops him down. Really need a focal point to our attack though, we need to beat Motherwell next week, and hope Hibs lose, or County draw/lose, to get a top 6 spot now. Not optimistic we can hold our end up on that scenario.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

I think he’s trying to say that we’d lose out on money from Europe, only thing that makes that sort of sum, but that really doesn’t make sense as even with a point we’d be in 7th I think. 
Really not sure where St J fans are getting that we should’ve been down to 7 or 8? Don’t think anyone at all disagree that penrice should’ve seen red. That’s 10. Apart from that devlin and holt maybe had tough challenges but both won the ball well. Likewise you could claim for Davidson making no attempt at the ball being a red (good cynical challenge imo), and hendry booting the ball away already being booked, but not seen any livi fans mentioning it. Folk seem to cry over any challenge nowadays. 

9 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Where is Martindale getting his figures from by the way? Ludicrous hyperbole.

They've seemingly decided that, despite losing twice to one of the shitest sides in the division in the last few months, they were guaranteed qualifying for the European group stage.

4 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

I think he’s trying to say that we’d lose out on money from Europe, only thing that makes that sort of sum, but that really doesn’t make sense as even with a point we’d be in 7th I think. 
Really not sure where St J fans are getting that we should’ve been down to 7 or 8? Don’t think anyone at all disagree that penrice should’ve seen red. That’s 10. Apart from that devlin and holt maybe had tough challenges but both won the ball well. Likewise you could claim for Davidson making no attempt at the ball being a red (good cynical challenge imo), and hendry booting the ball away already being booked, but not seen any livi fans mentioning it. Folk seem to cry over any challenge nowadays. 

To be fair aye, if we're playing that game then Davidson and Hendry should've been off. Penrice easily could've been off but there wasn't much else

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

If Penrice gets sent off, which he should have, it changes the game. Which in turn kind of rules out Livingstons shout at a penalty, mainly because it likely wouldn't have happened. 

Same goes for Clancy spotting the offside on Davidson before the penalty? Pen isn't given and game changes

Just now, Fife Saint said:
2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:
£500k in attendance money for top 6, £2m if you end up getting into Europe

Lol

I mean...? Those are the numbers, it's not exactly a hugely debateable thing. 

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

£2m if you end up getting into Europe

Only if you make the groups though, finishing 4th or 5th just puts you in the qualifiers.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Only if you make the groups though, finishing 4th or 5th just puts you in the qualifiers.

True but the potential is still there. There's very little chance we could ever make the groups but it'd have been fairer/more accurate to say it can cost us 500k-1.25m or so I imagine

Just now, ATLIS said:

True but the potential is still there. There's very little chance we could ever make the groups but it'd have been fairer/more accurate to say it can cost us 500k-1.25m or so I imagine

Id highly doubt you'd make £750k profit from one tie in Europe, or even two, even if you sell out at home. I don't think we've ever made that much from any of ours.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Id highly doubt you'd make £750k profit from one tie in Europe, or even two, even if you sell out at home. I don't think we've ever made that much from any of ours.

I'm honestly not that sure on what the prize money is etc. I know that home games vs Rangers and Celtic tend to bring in about 250k each for us but those are usually sold out

I mean...? Those are the numbers, it's not exactly a hugely debateable thing. 
It's a ridiculously spurious scenario. Why stop there? Let's assume Mrs Martindale then doesn't go to Tesco because she has to stop Davey smashing the house up, she then doesn't buy the winning Euromillions ticket which he would have used to eventually fund scientific study into Cancer cures. Clancy has now caused untold human suffering and millions of, what could have been, preventable deaths.

What a c**t.

15 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Martindale also at fault though, shocking set up and Kelly?! Ffs. Forrest needs binned ASAP, get him gone.

The idea was probably to replicate the attacking pattern of Dundee away. Forrest and Nouble hitting the byline in the channel between the St J wingbacks and wide centre backs and crossing for Soto or Pittman. But St Johnstone took a very early lead then went very defensive. Their wingbacks immediately fell back in line with their central defenders when out of possession. This meant there was no space either behind their wingbacks or between their wing backs and wide centre backs. So Forrest started drifting central and acting as a sort of playmaker for us in front of their defensive line, which really isn't his game. Shinnie and Bailey do that much better.

I can only think Kelly was chosen to replace Omeonga because Kelly gave the option of later moving to centre back to allow Obileye to go up front. It seems probable now that McMillan and Sibbald aren't being selected due to their contract situations.