St Johnstone vs Livingston - 2 April 2022

Being reported a "21 year old man" is headed to court over the incident after the match.

I wasn't there so shouldn't comment too much, but if reports are true that both sets of fans got involved and made sure he couldn't drive off after then fair fucks to them.

Hopefully the man he hit is fine and recovers well, would be good for the club to somehow help him but I'm not sure how they could.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Being reported a "21 year old man" is headed to court over the incident after the match.

I wasn't there so shouldn't comment too much, but if reports are true that both sets of fans got involved and made sure he couldn't drive off after then fair fucks to them.

Hopefully the man he hit is fine and recovers well, would be good for the club to somehow help him but I'm not sure how they could.

I didn't see it either, just saw the ambulances with the blue lights on and wondered what had happened. 

I'm not even sure it's a club issue. I've never understood why the police don't have at least some traffic management in place. I've seen a few near misses before, and arsehole drivers inching forward in to fans crossing at the roundabout. 

15 minutes and a couple of traffic cops would take away a lot of the danger. 

38 minutes ago, Radford said:

A real insight into the mind of Davidson: "I was really pleased with that. We got our goal early and we didn't concede."

We didn't give much away, I accept that. We crowded our own box and defended it well at times but they should have had a penalty and miss as easy a chance as you can ask for with the last kick of the ball. I also felt they made some poor decisions in good areas. 

The way we defended for the majority though would be better received if it was balanced with even a modicum of attacking intent after the early goal. 

The argument will very obviously be that winning is all that matters but I'm just not convinced that camping in, trying to keep the ball in play for as little time as possible, is the best approach, short-term or long-term, either for Saints or Callum Davidson.

Exactly. You cannot just invite pressure for 90mins. It's tiring for the players. Physically and mentally for one thing.

Plus a football match has too many things that you can't control such as a player error or a poor referee performance.

He was an attacking full back FFS!

36 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I didn't see it either, just saw the ambulances with the blue lights on and wondered what had happened. 

I'm not even sure it's a club issue. I've never understood why the police don't have at least some traffic management in place. I've seen a few near misses before, and arsehole drivers inching forward in to fans crossing at the roundabout. 

15 minutes and a couple of traffic cops would take away a lot of the danger. 

Totally agree with this. There is a safety risk there.

Not sure if it’s the club or the police. Suspect it will be the club as still connected to a sporting event and would be included in the planning I’d have thought.

Either way it’ll come down to money the club don’t feel they need to spend and/or lack of police resources available.

Oh and it was miles quicker for the car park to clear when they had traffic control on the Crieff Road!

1 hour ago, Radford said:

A real insight into the mind of Davidson: "I was really pleased with that. We got our goal early and we didn't concede."

We didn't give much away, I accept that. We crowded our own box and defended it well at times but they should have had a penalty and miss as easy a chance as you can ask for with the last kick of the ball. I also felt they made some poor decisions in good areas. 

The way we defended for the majority though would be better received if it was balanced with even a modicum of attacking intent after the early goal. 

The argument will very obviously be that winning is all that matters but I'm just not convinced that camping in, trying to keep the ball in play for as little time as possible, is the best approach, short-term or long-term, either for Saints or Callum Davidson.

Agree. I hope this isn’t the attitude going forward or it’ll be torture!

Edited by Sh*teAndMuck

On 03/04/2022 at 08:03, Theyellowbox said:

I think no one would argue that it should have been a penalty for Livi. Shocking decisions from the ref and highlights the poor standard in Scotland. Imagine if that happened in todays Bigotfest? Likewise the obvious red for Penrice. You could argue either way the Hendry penalty. If it is for your team you can clearly argue for it. If it is against you, you'd clearly argue against it. You are bang on about Nouble, he gets fouled a lot, but because of his size, carries or, but in a way that balances out Soto. A couple of times in first half, he was about to throw himself down for slight contact and realised at last second he'd not get anything.

For Saints, Cleary is going to end up costing us points eventually. He is too rash with challenges and seems to have at least one 'heads gone' moment in each game.

A draw would have been a fair result and Livi can feel hard done by with the penalty decision. As for the refs decisions evening themselves out, they probably do which means another horrific decision to come.

Saints have been no where good enough for most of thos season, but if even just a couple of the bad decisions against us earlier in the season led to wins instead of draws or draws instead of losses, we'd be nor far off a top 6 place, which is unthinkable. Had we addressed the slide earlier, even just 2/3 games earlier how different would this season be looking? 

He should've gone down for a penalty when Cleary pushed him just before he went on to get a shot off for Clark to save then if that was the case, stayed on his feet for that one. Saying that, it would be less likely we'd have got it when Clancy failed to give us the blatant hand ball one, but still, you never know.

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

He should've gone down for a penalty when Cleary pushed him just before he went on to get a shot off for Clark to save then if that was the case, stayed on his feet for that one. Saying that, it would be less likely we'd have got it when Clancy failed to give us the blatant hand ball one, but still, you never know.

Yeah except that wasn't a foul. If he'd of gone down it would have been a dive and he'd of probably been booked. Just because he gets a hand on his back doesn't mean it's a penalty, even less so when there's zero force in it.

Either way this is all immaterial, for all Livi had the ball and dominated possession, Clark had very little to actually do and made the same number of saves Stryjek did. We know we're rubbish, but Martindale didn't exactly try and alter the game in Livi's favour effectively once.

Yeah except that wasn't a foul. If he'd of gone down it would have been a dive and he'd of probably been booked. Just because he gets a hand on his back doesn't mean it's a penalty, even less so when there's zero force in it.
Either way this is all immaterial, for all Livi had the ball and dominated possession, Clark had very little to actually do and made the same number of saves Stryjek did. We know we're rubbish, but Martindale didn't exactly try and alter the game in Livi's favour effectively once.
It's a push in the back...a foul everywhere on the pitch and one that was given countless times in the game. There was zero force by Fitzwater in the challenge that resulted in your penalty other than Hendry running into his arm

45 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Kevin Clancy admitted to Sebastian Soto that he saw the handball but refused to give the penalty as the player fell over....what the actual f**k??? He's essentially admitting to cheating!

Its not a handball if a player falls and the ball hits his arm as he tries to protect himself from face planting. That's literally in the rules.

Presumably Clancy saw it that way, rather than Cleary diving to punch the ball away.

I think I’m in the minority here, but I didn’t think it was a penalty for Livingston. Even taking my blue tinted glasses off, he lost his footing and had nowhere to go imo. He’s a good honest lad so I’m sure it was indeed accidental. 

Hope this clarifies the issue. 

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its not a handball if a player falls and the ball hits his arm as he tries to protect himself from face planting. That's literally in the rules.

Reminds me of the passback rule where if the passback is "accidental" then it's allowed. This sees donkey centre backs rewarded rather than punished for their miskicks. 

31 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Reminds me of the passback rule where if the passback is "accidental" then it's allowed. This sees donkey centre backs rewarded rather than punished for their miskicks. 

Unless you're playing the Old Firm.

We had a defender go into a 50/50 on the halfway line and just leather it, keeper picked it up as it went flying towards our goal and Celtic got a free kick 8 yards out 😂

Edited by RandomGuy.

4 hours ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

Totally agree with this. There is a safety risk there.

Not sure if it’s the club or the police. Suspect it will be the club as still connected to a sporting event and would be included in the planning I’d have thought.

Either way it’ll come down to money the club don’t feel they need to spend and/or lack of police resources available.

Oh and it was miles quicker for the car park to clear when they had traffic control on the Crieff Road!

That is an accident that has been in waiting for years. There has been so many near misses over the years. Part of the rationale for the new road round the pack was to release pressures on the Crieff Road, but doesn't feel much less.

The solution is pretty simple, 5 mins before end of game until 20 mins or whatever after, traffic coming up the Crieff Road should be diverted down the new road and back up beyond the bypass.

Equally, just open a gate from East that goes down the side of the training pitches and allows fans down the Crieff road that way.

Suspect some changes will be made when the new Lidl shop is built. 

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

There was that one, but there was also one outside the box, where he looked as though he was expecting a kick and was about to go down, until it never came.

Interesting that Livi fans don't seem that keen on him, I though he looked pretty sharp and dangerous. 

I'm no fan of the way Police Scotland have abdicated responsibility for egress from the stadium and traffic management on the Crieff Road but the incident (accident seems the wrong word) was purely down to an arsehole behind the wheel, driving aggressively and at speed. His behaviour at the roundabout was deplorable but it's hard to find words to describe his intentions after that.

The sooner he is off the road, at the very least, the better.

20 minutes ago, Radford said:

I'm no fan of the way Police Scotland have abdicated responsibility for egress from the stadium and traffic management on the Crieff Road but the incident (accident seems the wrong word) was purely down to an arsehole behind the wheel, driving aggressively and at speed. His behaviour at the roundabout was deplorable but it's hard to find words to describe his intentions after that.

Yep sounding his horn, revving his motor and being abusive towards supporters trying to cross. He then purposely drives towards them forcing ppl to scramble out of the way, the injured man stumbled during this where he then ended up under the car. Be interesting to see what charges are thrown at the driver ( obviously no idea how many witness statements were given) but certainly can't be deemed as an accident. Dangerous driving at the least surely 

31 minutes ago, Radford said:

Absolutely this.  No amount of traffic management would have stopped what happened.  The guy was a fucking arsehole, boy racer type.  He caused the accident,  nothing else.  Should be banned and made to resit a test.