St Johnstone vs Livingston - 2 April 2022

1 hour ago, Nelly78 said:

Any joy immediately taken away by that fucking idiotic driver outside the ground. Just hope and pray that the old guy he ran over is ok and the driver gets what his reckless driving deserves. My 8 year old son is pretty upset and in shock still about seeing it happen. 

I didn't see any of it but reading some of the responses on the Banter page is horrific, the fact the b*****d driver had his missus and young bairn in the car makes it worse. Both sets of fans getting some praise for their actions and assistance etc, hopefully the guy who was injured makes a full recovery.

As for the game, kinda pish but 3 points, ref was fucking grim for both teams. 

1 hour ago, hamicle said:

Livi’s organisation is admirable. Getting forward and back in numbers. Much better at closing down than we are.

Different strategies. St Johnstone don't press as often as Livi do but instead focus more on getting players back behind the ball and crowding their own defensive area. It worked well today as Livi continually hit quicksand once advancing into the final third. Their attacks kept losing momentum and direction as St Johnstone squeezed all the space and blocked them out.

30 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Different strategies. St Johnstone don't press as often as Livi do but instead focus more on getting players back behind the ball and crowding their own defensive area. It worked well today as Livi continually hit quicksand once advancing into the final third. Their attacks kept losing momentum and direction as St Johnstone squeezed all the space and blocked them out.

Spot on mate.Our usual front line with Anderson would have torn them apart.Fortunate for them he wasn't there.Saints were overall poor today but got those all important decisions going for them.MOM.Clancy.Abismyl.And even Saints fans agree.

6 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Spot on mate.Our usual front line with Anderson would have torn them apart.Fortunate for them he wasn't there.Saints were overall poor today but got those all important decisions going for them.MOM.Clancy.Abismyl.And even Saints fans agree.

That's why we are relegation material and you are the next Europa league cup winners if Jail Boy is to be believed !  

48 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

I think that's fair comment. Sometimes it's a little clearer what other teams are doing well, rather than seeing what your own team are doing effectively at times.

Also the reaction from the Livi bench when Gallacher was "attacked"  was shocking , The crack was so loud i thought the young lad had got his leg broken, it may still be the case when Scans are done, shocking tackle the REF and more importantly the 4th Official and nears side linesman could miss that was unbelievable!    

20 minutes ago, Center half said:

Also the reaction from the Livi bench when Gallacher was "attacked"  was shocking , The crack was so loud i thought the young lad had got his leg broken, it may still be the case when Scans are done, shocking tackle the REF and more importantly the 4th Official and nears side linesman could miss that was unbelievable!    

f**k me :D It was a 50/50 and he pulled out of it. Nowhere near even a foul

2 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Saints penalty: correct call
Tackle on Gallacher: not a foul imo
Penrice on Cleary: should be a red
Handball in the box: howling with laughter when that wasn’t given. Unfortunate for Livi, when you’re a club representing a “town” that has a shopping centre and a roundabout you’re not gonna get those sorts of calls against the big boys.

Btw worst call of all was the booking for Hendry. Light touch on the back of a defender shielding it out for a goal kick?

Honestly, I don't even think you're wrong with any of that.

Penalty probably should've been given I think
Gallacher's wasn't a foul
Penrice was a clear red
Handball in the box, potentially one of the worst decisions all season from any ref :D Almost as bad as the AFCON ref blowing for FT 5 mins early.

I'll also have you know that the great town of Livingston is in the application process of becoming a CITY.

:D 

Edited by ATLIS

Aye the Gallacher one wasn't a red, Devlin makes an effort to make sure he goes in sideways rather then studs first to protect Gallacher I reckon. Just two players going for a ball and one gets there first, it happens.

I think Don Davie Martindalio should come out with an apology. This chat about being cheated out of all that money is bad enough, but claiming it wasn't a penalty for Saints is comical.

And I can see why Clancy didn't give the Livi penalty.

I remember a referee talking years back saying the principle for refereeing decisions should always be you don't offend the offended. For example, you don't give a free kick to a team who continue to play and score as you're rewarding the team who broke the rules.

Penrice tried to cripple Cleary, it's no wonder Cleary's legs gave way just a short while later after that assault, causing him to fall over and accidentally touch the ball with his arm.

To give a penalty would basically be rewarding cheating by Penrice. No pen, correct decision.

FFS

Saints fans.You got away with one today.And you know it.Retrospectivy .Soft pen so early in the game kinda knocked the stuffing out of our game.Please don't disagree. Yous know we dominated that game.But fair Play to Saints.They held on.For both sides.Yous can understand our frustrations with the ,as your fans have said an  absolute stonewall at the end.Think a point apiece would have been fair.But to loose.in that fashion was galling to say in the least.

Just seen it. It's a penalty all day long.  

It's also a sending off!!!! 

Fuckin dreadful refereeing on all counts. Why does he not have to explain pish like that? 

27 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I think Don Davie Martindalio

As a Person of Fart myself, I don't know why more folk don't go with "Davie Fartindale".

46 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

FFS

Saints fans.You got away with one today.And you know it.Retrospectivy .Soft pen so early in the game kinda knocked the stuffing out of our game.Please don't disagree. Yous know we dominated that game.But fair Play to Saints.They held on.For both sides.Yous can understand our frustrations with the ,as your fans have said an  absolute stonewall at the end.Think a point apiece would have been fair.But to loose.in that fashion was galling to say in the least.

I think I will disagree, not to be controversial, but because it was clearly a penalty against Fitzwater. 

As others have said, it’s a red card all day long for the Penrice tackle and it’s a penalty to Livingston for Cleary’s handball. However given some of the decisions we’ve had this season, we had to get the rub of the green eventually, just a shame the first time it’s happened was against Livi. That being said, you’re technically 1-1 for wrong match altering decisions from Clancy in this game, so maybe it did even itself out naturally today. Either way, we were awful and the fact we kept a clean sheet says a lot about how resilient our defence is looking again and how poor Livi actually were today, the boy Soto looked like a lost kid up top. 

48 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

FFS

Yip have to agree, I'd be a bit pissed if I was a livi fan at our penalty decision, but can see why it was given. Horrendous from Clancy (or his assistant's)to miss the handball though, no wonder Livi fans are raging. A few meaty challenges that in other days might have merited a red card but the ref was so unpredictable it was like a lottery. Not pretty by far but great to get the win, overall I wouldn't have grudged livi a draw but certainly wasn't their day today due to some shite refereeing