St Johnstone vs Livingston - 2 April 2022

I thought Rooney was poor. He got forward well but he didn't really create anything and gave the ball away a lot. Hopefully just rust but if he keeps on like that I'd prefer Sang in there.

Livingston manage to be both dirty and lightweight. They do play some nice stuff though. Better to watch than us but as others have said, they didn't really fashion many chances for all the ball they had.

3 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

I think he’s trying to say that we’d lose out on money from Europe, only thing that makes that sort of sum, but that really doesn’t make sense as even with a point we’d be in 7th I think. 
Really not sure where St J fans are getting that we should’ve been down to 7 or 8? Don’t think anyone at all disagree that penrice should’ve seen red. That’s 10. Apart from that devlin and holt maybe had tough challenges but both won the ball well. Likewise you could claim for Davidson making no attempt at the ball being a red (good cynical challenge imo), and hendry booting the ball away already being booked, but not seen any livi fans mentioning it. Folk seem to cry over any challenge nowadays. 

Boy's talking shite.

Devlin's wasn't even a foul.

Yeah the draw would've still had things in our own hands, but now we're reliant on either Hearts or Aberdeen getting a result, and us beating Motherwell. All academic if we can't win next week though, but i think i prefer us needing to win the game, than if we'd won today and thinking a draw would've been enough to ensure we'd be top 6 next week, always feel complacency creeps in when you're playing for a draw.

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I'm honestly not that sure on what the prize money is etc. I know that home games vs Rangers and Celtic tend to bring in about 250k each for us but those are usually sold out

You've already played Celtic at home twice so you'd likely only get Rangers. 

Prize money difference between 6th and 7th is £130k.

I'm not even sure you get 6 figures from UEFA if you don't win a round, it's something daft like £50k if you win and less if you draw/lose.

I can see why Martindale is frustrated but he deserves any mocking he gets for any claims of "£2m" being stolen from Livingston.

Not much to say about that. Solid defensively, other than that it was a shite performance, but a great result.

Any joy immediately taken away by that fucking idiotic driver outside the ground. Just hope and pray that the old guy he ran over is ok and the driver gets what his reckless driving deserves. My 8 year old son is pretty upset and in shock still about seeing it happen. 

Edited by Nelly78

3 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

I can only think Kelly was chosen to replace Omeonga because Kelly gave the option of later moving to centre back to allow Obileye to go up front. It seems probable now that McMillan and Sibbald aren't being selected due to their contract situations.

Kelly is also out of contract though. For what it's worth, I think he did fine. 

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, Omeonga needs to up his game again. Not been playing well in the last 3 games.

25 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

I was 90 odd yards from the Livi penalty claim and it was as clear as day.

Some of the decisions by Clancy and Co were absolutely mind boggling. I'd be absolutely seething if I was a Livi fan.

Thankfully I'm a follower of the back to back cup double winning champions and not a peasant from some shity new town with zero redeeming qualities.

I am seething.How the fech we lost that,I'll never know.Enter agent Clancy.A dominant Livi undone by a clown in black. But we're used to it.

Apparently the bad refereeing decisions even out over the season, so it seems we’re seeing some evening out.

Pleasing to see a bit more fight from Saints, though we still feel a bit disorganised. Crawford looking a lot better. Not sure about Ciftci. Hendry has been fantastic since coming back…but money on a Hendry yellow looks like free money at the moment.

Livi’s organisation is admirable. Getting forward and back in numbers. Much better at closing down than we are.

Great three points.

1 minute ago, Nelly78 said:

Any joy immediately taken away by that fucking idiotic driver outside the ground. Just hope and pray that the old guy he ran over is ok and the driver gets what his reckless driving deserves. My 8 year old son in pretty upset and shock still about seeing it happen. 

Heard about this after the game. Hope the guy makes it through.

8 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

It's a ridiculously spurious scenario. Why stop there? Let's assume Mrs Martindale then doesn't go to Tesco because she has to stop Davey smashing the house up, she then doesn't buy the winning Euromillions ticket which he would have used to eventually fund scientific study into Cancer cures. Clancy has now caused untold human suffering and millions of, what could have been, preventable deaths.

What a c**t.

Well said.

The year is 4067.

The alien invasion was swift and without mercy. The few remaining members of the International United Earth Army look to General Martindale for the counter order.

Unfortunately, Martindale's forefathers suffered a spirit crushing decision by a referee in a football match 2 millennia ago that led to a chain of events which curtailed his will and ultimately his military education.

The Zorgians advance wasn't halted and humanity was extinguished.

4 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Kelly is also out of contract though. For what it's worth, I think he did fine. 

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, Omeonga needs to up his game again. Not been playing well in the last 3 games.

Kelly did do fine and you're correct on his contract too, of course. Murray Davidson was quite dominant in centre mid at the time Kelly was sent on, so Kelly's extra physicality to match up to Davidson could also have been why he was chosen over Sibbald. 

5 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

Afaik yes, previously our issue was having no academy, since then we have now set that up

Afraid not.Today was our chance.For me thats gone now.Clancy has seen to that.Best of the rest has to be our goal now.Though I wouldn't bank on that just yet.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Clancy needs to be taken out back... Absolute shocking, yet again from him. Genuinely inexcusable. 

His f**k ups today could easily cost us 500k-2m. 

Martindale also at fault though, shocking set up and Kelly?! Ffs. Forrest needs binned ASAP, get him gone. He spends the game trying to score 25-30 yarders to get a few extra hundred pound on his wage elsewhere

Forrest was our best player today, got forward with a lot more pace and looked more creative than anyone else. I’d be pulling out the stops to keep him here, think he’ll move on unfortunately. 

Few pretty poor performances today. Back 3 looked shakey, Omeonga a shadow of the player from 4-6 weeks ago. We got forward but couldn’t break them down, I think we would’ve won if we had Anderson fit. 

A lot of shitehousing from St Johnstone and they got the better decisions from the ref, no doubt. Stonewall pen denied - I think we’d have deserved at least a draw. St J very difficult to play against - they’ll absolutely not go down. Livi and st mirren ought to watch out if they don’t get top 6. 

Also didn’t see what happened on Crieff road but I’m pretty sure I heard it. Hope the person is OK, the sound was pretty sickening and at the back of your mind your always hoping it wasn’t some getting hit by a car. 

Got to say, I think a few Livi fans (and martindale) are making more out of the ref’s impact on the game than is fair. Our midfield is really lacking confidence at the moment and, as much as Nouble and Forrest were decent up the wings, overall our attack was nullified for most of the game. 

It pains me to say it because, yes, I am still bitter about last year’s league cup final but St Johnstone won’t go down. Although I do still expect them to finish in 11th, there’s no chance any of the championship sides will beat them over two legs. 

As for us, next week is massive. If we win, I think it’s likely that we’ll finish top six. I don’t see both Hibs and County winning. A substantial increase in performance levels would be required to make that a reality though. I would start with Forrest, Nouble and Bailey as the front three. Soto hasn’t impressed. 

57 minutes ago, Nelly78 said:

Any joy immediately taken away by that fucking idiotic driver outside the ground. Just hope and pray that the old guy he ran over is ok and the driver gets what his reckless driving deserves. My 8 year old son is pretty upset and in shock still about seeing it happen. 

Hope your lad is OK, mate, and really obviously the guy involved. 

Won't say too much more as those are the important things.