Queen’s Park v Cove Rangers

43 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Murray certainly wouldn’t be retained as there’s no doubt he’ll be the highest earner at the club

Just curious 

who are the top earners and how much do they earn (roughly)

41 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I think Quitongo will leave no matter what. The guy must be scratching his head wondering why Mcbride and Longstaff are getting so many more minutes. Mental that he got 0 minutes against cove considering the difference he made against Clyde. 

My thoughts exactly. I am bemused at Coyle/Potter picking Longstaff ahead of Quitongo yesterday. Does anyone know if these loan deals require X amount of games/minutes? I would stay well clear of that contractual obligation in the future, if it is a thing. We'll see who Coyle fancies for next year but Jai himself must be getting frustrated. Perhaps he's satisfied enough if the money is good.  

9 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

My thoughts exactly. I am bemused at Coyle/Potter picking Longstaff ahead of Quitongo yesterday. Does anyone know if these loan deals require X amount of games/minutes? I would stay well clear of that contractual obligation in the future, if it is a thing. We'll see who Coyle fancies for next year but Jai himself must be getting frustrated. Perhaps he's satisfied enough if the money is good.  

I wonder if Quitongo is not fully fit & they didn't want to risk him - its the only explanation that makes sense - he has certainly been used very  sparingly since returning to the squad.

Speaking of, i wasn't all that impressed by McBride. I've seen him a few times now and you can see why he's not in the fold at Blackburn. Everything played backwards and fairly reluctant to take on a man. In an ideal world you'd be looking to start Quitongo, but i'd even be putting Darcy in there. 

30 minutes ago, DundeeSpider1867 said:

Speaking of, i wasn't all that impressed by McBride. 

McBride is rotten. He’s basically a less effective Longstaff, which may be the worst insult i have ever thrown at someone. 

Theres a lot of positives round the club just now, but a big clear out in the summer is definitely required. 

4 minutes ago, Gall09 said:

McBride is rotten. He’s basically a less effective Longstaff, which may be the worst insult i have ever thrown at someone. 

Theres a lot of positives round the club just now, but a big clear out in the summer is definitely required. 

Probably should of seen it coming with Mcbride when we were told on here about how bad he was on loan at Stenny a couple years back. 

Weird because somehow it seemed like he was highly rated by Blackburn when he was signed 

17 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

I wonder if Quitongo is not fully fit & they didn't want to risk him - its the only explanation that makes sense - he has certainly been used very  sparingly since returning to the squad.

Perhaps it's his private life!! 

32 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

Am not buying into this idea of a big clear out being necessary.  

Connell, Smith, Longstaff, McBride and Darcy will be gone. Moore and Yeates surely as well. I think Gillespie will go. Lyon has impressed since coming back and we don’t really have another player like him in the middle of the park but wouldnt be surprised if we were looking at better come summer. Murray can go. Would like to keep Quitongo but understand if he’s let go. Wouldn’t be fussed on retaining Kilday or Davidson. 

Of course some of these players under Coyle’s management could really turn their form around, but I doubt many would be missed. I also think we might be seeing the likes of Cammy Bruce, Liam McLeish and Zak Mauchin in the first team squad. 

Sorry, in that respect you are quite correct, there will be a high turnover; however, not because it is necessary but due to loanees returning to their parent clubs 

It will be interesting to see if we go down the loaned player route so much next season. 

8 minutes ago, CathcartSkins said:

It will be interesting to see if we go down the loaned player route so much next season. 

I imagine Coyle will have plenty of contacts in the game to get loan players in, and it would be crazy not to if a really good player becomes available, but ideally we’ll be signing players on permanent contracts. And after Longstaff and McBride, I would much rather give a couple of the 18s game time and actually develop our own players rather than developing other teams players for them. 

2 hours ago, Gall09 said:

I imagine Coyle will have plenty of contacts in the game to get loan players in, and it would be crazy not to if a really good player becomes available, but ideally we’ll be signing players on permanent contracts. And after Longstaff and McBride, I would much rather give a couple of the 18s game time and actually develop our own players rather than developing other teams players for them. 

I've often wondered how the loan system works, contractually. Can't imagine the likes of Liverpool or the OF paying the wages of some mibbee and not having it written in that he has a minimum amount of games, both starts and subs. They are with us to get developed after all. So it seems logical that if QP get a free player and the trade-off is they get a game every week, regardless of form or capability, then consequently if they don't get played there would be some form of penalty clause, either a fixed fee or percentage per game of their salary, that would be a cost to the host club. 

I'd doubt that there would be a penalty for not playing a loan player. More likely, he'd be recalled and you'd have hee-haw chance of getting another player on loan from that club.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

Was having a look at the squad to see how many I’d realistically keep for next season. This includes players already contracted for next season in the keep section. 

Keep: Ferrie, Robson, Fox, Brown, Mchugh, Lyon, Thompson, Williamson

Unsure: Davidson, Morrison, Kilday, Doyle, Longridge, Quitongo 

Bin: Murray, Moore, Yeats, Muir, Gillepsie, Biggar, Gillles, Grant

Smith would be the only loan I’d happily take back next season, although it seems Hearts have offered a new deal. Hope we push out to get him, especially with the lure of guaranteed first team football 

36 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Was having a look at the squad to see how many I’d realistically keep for next season. This includes players already contracted for next season in the keep section. 

Keep: Ferrie, Robson, Fox, Brown, Mchugh, Lyon, Thompson, Williamson

Unsure: Davidson, Morrison, Kilday, Doyle, Longridge, Quitongo 

Bin: Murray, Moore, Yeats, Muir, Gillepsie, Biggar, Gillles, Grant

Smith would be the only loan I’d happily take back next season, although it seems Hearts have offered a new deal. Hope we push out to get him, especially with the lure of guaranteed first team football 

Is Fox out of contract in the summer? Impressed me when I've seen him to be honest. Good physicality and got better ball control and distribution than our comparative centre back, Morgyn Neill.

Connor Smith looked very good on Sunday. Far improved than during his time at Cove last season where he got limited game time. We've barely used the loan market all season. Finn Robertson from Dundee who got the odd few minutes and Kai Fotheringham from Dundee United who's barely had a kick. 

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Is Fox out of contract in the summer? Impressed me when I've seen him to be honest. Good physicality and got better ball control and distribution than our comparative centre back, Morgyn Neill.

For me, Fox is the best centre back in the division. I could be biased but I think if you ask all qp fans, they’ll say the exact thing. He’s got everything; Pace, height, aerial ability, terrific feet on the ball. I think even if we somehow make it to the championship next season, he’ll be off. Easily my player of the year for QP

4 minutes ago, qpfc said:

For me, Fox is the best centre back in the division. I could be biased but I think if you ask all qp fans, they’ll say the exact thing. He’s got everything; Pace, height, aerial ability, terrific feet on the ball. I think even if we somehow make it to the championship next season, he’ll be off. Easily my player of the year for QP

He's someone I've taken notice of as will many other people/clubs i'm sure. Even if we go up and QP don't I doubt he'll want to switch from FT to PT and therefore we wouldn't be in contention for him although he'd do a great job for us. For me Morgyn Neill and Reynolds aren't Championship calibre and it's an area we need to improve. Our wing backs of Logan and Milne I rate highly. Especially the latter.

You see him likely staying in Scotland, perhaps Championship club or even higher level or down south?

Edited by CoveRangers1922

4 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

He's someone I've taken notice of as will many other people/clubs i'm sure. Even if we go up and QP don't I doubt he'll want to switch from FT to PT and therefore we wouldn't be in contention for him although he'd do a great job for us. For me Morgyn Neill and Reynolds aren't Championship calibre and it's an area we need to improve. Our wing backs of Logan and Milne I rate highly. Especially the latter.

You see him likely staying in Scotland, perhaps Championship club or even higher level or down south?

He’s from London I’m pretty sure so it wouldn’t surprise me if he went and joined a club back down south but if I were a Motherwell/St Mirren etc, I’d be all over trying to get him in. Only 23 aswell 

Of course, I do hope we Chuck our money and a 3 year deal at him come the end of the season