Queen’s Park v Cove Rangers

He was the best loanee I can remember. Close to the finished article when he was with us. Josh Doig a standout too.
Eamon Brophy was decent and Aiden Keena peaked during his spell with us? Still remember the ridiculous goal he scored lobbing Neil Parry from miles out!

On 06/04/2022 at 16:53, Mick1867 said:

It's my understanding that now we're pro we don't get loan players for free. We pay their wages for as long as they are here.  

Incidentally, mind when we got Aidan McIlduff on loan? He replaced Sean Burns for one or two games before Gus quickly realised he wasn't any better and he hardly featured after that. So even when we were amateur nobody was dictating to us that a player had to play and that hasn't stopped us getting future loans from Celtic     

If that’s the case, and I don’t doubt your word, then Connell isn’t value for money. Murray was waning long before his injury. Mutton/lamb.

2 hours ago, Alf Stamp Army said:
3 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:
He was the best loanee I can remember. Close to the finished article when he was with us. Josh Doig a standout too.

Eamon Brophy was decent and Aiden Keena peaked during his spell with us? Still remember the ridiculous goal he scored lobbing Neil Parry from miles out!

Brophy was great. 7 goals in 9 games in a poor side. 

Chris Duggan was class in his loan spells as well, especially his performances in the 2015/16 run in. He absolutely bodied Cowdenbeath in the play off semi first leg at Hampden.

Best ever loanee for me will always be Paul Walker from Stranraer (in exchange for Scott Edgar) for the last couple of months of the 99/2000 championship season. No way we would have won those last five games without him. Scored the first minute winner v East Fife, set up the goal that sealed promotion at Shire, scored the injury time winner v Brechin (after Caven was sent off) and was instrumental in all three goals when we won the league at Central Park.     

4 hours ago, DundeeSpider1867 said:

You've got to wonder what prompted Fox to make the move up north, Bromley > Queen's Park isn't exactly a linear or common career progression. Admittedly i'm not 100% sure whether the National League is professional or semi-professional, but you'd have to think there would be a few other gems that we should be looking at from down there. I always remember the guy that came up to Dundee from Sutton United Roarie Deacon looked not stinking; bit tricky with the chance to beat a man.

We haven't yet seen how Beuker will then move in terms of his recruitment either. Interesting to see if we were to bring anyone in from the continent as per his contacts. Not sure whether work permits would be an issue for these guys though. 

Bromley just won the FA Vase and are hunting promotion to L2. It’s hard to match up but I’d say top 6 National League is around our level, maybe even bottom end of championship. Maybe he just likes the weather?

Following these posts with interest about who we should keep,i do see any mention about the "goal machine" whose is on our books already but wont official until june Scott Williamson,was he signed because Murray wont be here next season

Edited by ThreeTownSpider
spelling

Following these posts with interest about who we should keep,i do see any mention about the "goal machine" whose is on our books already but wont official until june Scott Williamson,was he signed because Murray wont be here next season

Would imagine Williamson will be third choice striker next year

23 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

If that’s the case, and I don’t doubt your word, then Connell isn’t value for money. Murray was waning long before his injury. Mutton/lamb.

Heard a whisper that we are only paying 20% of Luca's wage, and that came from a good source.